/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lacking sincerity

anonymous
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM
please help me for i feel that my intentions aren't sincere towards allah. my heart doesnt feel clean. when i debate with people about islam, its more like im defending my opinion and not islam.
i think im getting confused between my humanly instincts for acceptable and between doing things sincerely for my deen. in all honesty i feel sort of like im lacking humanly affection such as compliments, etc (not that im a big attention seeker or anything, but i do none-the-less sometimes feel a but 'left out') and so i guess the temptation comes to be praised for my deen (not that i think im pios or anything)

generally, i feel like im not myself. i feel that im a changed and different person to what i was eg i commit certain things that i havnt before.

how do i know if im sincere or not or that my intentions are correct.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Perhaps you should stop debating and take that time to concentrate on improving your connection with Allah instead.

There is no need to incessantly debate. It hardens the heart. Keep in mind that our job is to convey the message. It is not in our hands to convert. Truth stands clear from falsehood. Tell the truth and let them do the deciding. Don't argue for the sake of it. Just back out after you've said your bit.

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
please help me for i feel that my intentions aren't sincere towards allah. my heart doesnt feel clean. when i debate with people about islam, its more like im defending my opinion and not islam.
i think im getting confused between my humanly instincts for acceptable and between doing things sincerely for my deen. in all honesty i feel sort of like im lacking humanly affection such as compliments, etc (not that im a big attention seeker or anything, but i do none-the-less sometimes feel a but 'left out') and so i guess the temptation comes to be praised for my deen (not that i think im pios or anything)

generally, i feel like im not myself. i feel that im a changed and different person to what i was eg i commit certain things that i havnt before.

how do i know if im sincere or not or that my intentions are correct.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, All actions are judged upon intention so therefore whatever action we do we should before doing that action check our intentions. What you should do is before you do any action or deed like for example before you get into a debate or discussion then just stop for a moment and think to yourself "Right why am i going to do this"?. If you feel that it is pointless getting into this debate or doing a particular action then desist from it. But if you feel that you will do it for the pleasure of Allah and that it will benefit you then continue with it.

So what this will require of you is for you to step back before doing any action and "think" before you do and re-check your intentions in your heart and only then undertake the action. The more good intentions you have in doing the particular action then the more you wil be rewarded but if you feel your intentions are not right then refrain from it or re-check your intentions and tune and align them in wanting to do that action to gain the pleasure of Allah.

May Allah help us all to have the right intentions before undertaking any action. Ameen

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!