/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a muslim eat sweet in the shape of a pig?

mimi1992
06-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Assalamualikum.

I would like to know what should i do after i ate a piece of the pig-shaped sweet? My friend offer me this sweet and i would feel really bad to turn her down. I glance through the ingredient list and did not find anything odd, so i took 1 and eat it. I felt very uncomfortable that i ate a pig-shaped sweet and began to search online whether it's halal. To my surprise, they said that it contains pig gelatin. Is it sinful? What should i do? I'm freaking out right now. Please advice me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum . .
If it contains Pig gelatin, that is haram for sure. .
But regarding the shape of the sweet, i shall let the others who are more knowledagle answer that InshaAllaah

Ask Allaah for forgiveness as you wasnt aware of the Haram ingredient, but if you was aware then May Allaah forgive you and repent with sincerety Indeed Ukhti

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

tango92
06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
you say it looks like a pig i say it looks more like a horse right?

Ansariyah
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Well if it didnt have geletin in it, theres no harm. But i guess out of common sense i wud personally not eat it, but I dont see any harm? Allah knows best.

It does beg the question why the shape of a pig, when theres so many animals they cud've chosen lol....

Like why not a butterfly, or a bird...people got no taste..seriously!^-^

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mimi1992
Assalamualikum.

I would like to know what should i do after i ate a piece of the pig-shaped sweet? My friend offer me this sweet and i would feel really bad to turn her down. I glance through the ingredient list and did not find anything odd, so i took 1 and eat it. I felt very uncomfortable that i ate a pig-shaped sweet and began to search online whether it's halal. To my surprise, they said that it contains pig gelatin. Is it sinful? What should i do? I'm freaking out right now. Please advice me.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallah my sister for sharing as it shows you have concern over your imaan. I don't know of any scholarly opinions about this matter but personally i would avoid such confectionary if it depicts that of a haraam animal like a pig in particular. Also if you did not know it was haraam beforehand and after checking the ingrediants it seemed fine but aftwrwards you found out after more research that it was haraam then just repent to Allah as Allah understands and knows what is in your heart, but next time ensure that you check all ingredients properly as a lot of confectionary in particular have gelatine and animal glycerine in them.

Another thing i would recommend is to write a letter or e mail to the big confectionary companys like Mars, cadburys etc to ask which of their products contain animal ingredients and which don't because they are always changing and most of the time what you read on the ingredients will not give you the whole picture as to whether or not that product contains animal ingredients or not.

We should have concern in regards to what goes into our stomachs for consuming haraam is on of the main reasons why our duas are not accepted and we should be careful and research on what we eat and this shows we have concern over our imaan rather than someone who does not care as.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Well if it didnt have geletin in it, theres no harm. But i guess out of common sense i wud personally not eat it, but I dont see any harm? Allah knows best.

It does beg the question why the shape of a pig, when theres so many animals they cud've chosen lol....

Like why not a butterfly, or a bird...people got no taste..seriously!^-^
Exactly sis :-\ Maybe in the shape of a Computer, or House, or the shape of a Globe, But no they dont have no taste The geeks :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!