/* */

PDA

View Full Version : confused over fatwa

cat eyes
06-08-2010, 10:33 PM
:sl:i was browsing through fatwas on islam q/a so i came across a fatwa where its stated a woman should not pluke her eye brows not even for her husband because its changing your creation..

so i thought that was good ruling subhanAllah so then i came across this fatwa

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/146289

and the scholar said it was permissible for a woman to get breast implants if her breast is small. i was shocked to be honest, im not going to lie.

i think if you can't do something small as pluking your eye brows, why is a woman allowed to change her creation through having surgery on her breasts? i don't get it.:hmm: can some one please explain this

complications can happen during surgery. why would u put yourself through that risk?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
06-08-2010, 10:53 PM
maybe there is some psychological issues a woman goes through for having a smaller chest?:><: i wouldn't know. thats why i want to understand why its allowed. i hope i get answer soon:skeleton:

dew of paradise
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
some black sheep husbands r wives would wan tht but i thnk good muslim husband wants a good practicing muslim wife.in bukhari shareef Prophet pbuh said wife who will help her husband with his deen in jannah she will be 70000 times more beautiful thn jannah HOOR!but here in ths dunya v r bzy doin to make ourselve good lokin!

Zafran
06-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Salaam

Maybe getting fatwas online isnt the best idea

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Salaam

Maybe getting fatwas online isnt the best idea

peace
Bro she is talking about islamqa.com . The site is supervised by Sheikh Mohammed Salih al-Munajjid. This great scholar is a student of the eminent sheikhs ibn Baz and al-Uthaimeen (rahimahumullaah). There is absolutely nothing wrong in taking a fatwa from this site inshallaah.

And to the OP: Its much advisable to put the same question to the sheikh himself. You will inshallaah get a satisfying answer.

Amat Allah
06-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Honey , I have read the original Arabic fatwa and I found that the one who translated it to English language had added things which are not in the real Arabic one and now I will send the site mentioning this in shaa Allah to correct this mistake ...

may Allah love you Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I will post both of them my sweetie and show you the extra words( by making them red) which made this fatwa wrong ...

هل يجوز استخدام مادة البوتوكس؟
السؤال : ما حكم استخدام مادة البوتوكس في الجراحة التجميلية مثل زراعة الصدر السيلكون . إنني أتساءل عن هذا الأمر منذ فترة .

الجواب : الحمد لله
أولا :
لا حرج في زراعة الصدر أو الثدي لمن استؤصل منه ؛ لأن ذلك من باب إزالة العيب أو رد الأمر لما خلق الله تعالى .
والدليل على ذلك ما روى أبو داود (4232) والترمذي (1770) والنسائي (5161) عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ طَرَفَةَ (أَنَّ جَدَّهُ عَرْفَجَةَ بْنَ أَسْعَدَ قُطِعَ أَنْفُهُ يَوْمَ الْكُلَابِ فَاتَّخَذَ أَنْفًا مِنْ وَرِقٍ [ أي فضة] فَأَنْتَنَ عَلَيْهِ فَأَمَرَهُ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَاتَّخَذَ أَنْفًا مِنْ ذَهَبٍ) والحديث حسنه الألباني في صحيح أبي داود .
وينظر كلام أهل العلم في هذه المسألة في الجواب رقم (138273) ورقم (108860) .
ثانيا :
يجوز استعمال مادة البوتوكس إذا خلت من الضرر ؛ لقول النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: (لَا ضَرَرَ وَلَا ضِرَارَ) أخرجه أحمد (2865) وابن ماجه (2341) وصححه الألباني في صحيح ابن ماجه .
والله أعلم .

الإسلام سؤال وجواب

Is it permissible to use botox?

What is the ruling on using botox for cosmetic procedures such as silicon breast implants? I have been wondering about this matter for a while.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is nothing wrong with breast implants or enlargement for one who has had a breast removed or who is suffering because they are small, because that comes under the heading of removing a fault or restoring something to the way it was created by Allah.

The evidence for that is the report narrated by Abu Dawood (4232), al-Tirmidhi (1770) and al-Nasaa’i (5161) from ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Tarafah, that the nose of his grandfather ‘Arjafah ibn As‘ad was cut off in the battle of al-Kulaab, and he wore a nose made of silver, but it began to stink, so the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) told him to get a nose made of gold. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Please see the comments of the scholars concerning this matter in the answer to question no. 138273 and 108860.

Secondly:

It is permissible to use botox if it is free from harm, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There should be neither harm nor reciprocating harm.”

Narrated by Ahmad (2865), Ibn Maajah (2341) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A

and when he said:

Secondly:

It is permissible to use botox if it is free from harm

he meant it is permissible to use botox in breast implants for those who have had a breast removed to restore it to the way it was created by Allah, if botox is free from harm...

and Allah knows the best

Snowflake
06-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I've also read various fatwas which contradict one another. For instance there was a fatwa saying cosmetic surgery is haram for vanity, but a woman with a broad nose was allowed it because it was to remove a fault. Since when is a broad nose a fault?

Botox is not used in implants. It is used in the front chest muscles to weaken them, which makes the upper back muscles stronger thus creating a lift. The toxin in botox affects nerve endings preventing messages being sent to the brain. The long term effects of botox are not known. But it's not hard to imagine what they could be, so you can't ever be sure botox is free from harm.

Amat Allah
06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
may Allah love you my dear and precious sister Ameeeeen

many people do not know about botox , jazaki Allahu Al Firdaws Ameeeeeen

Snowflake
06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
wa iyyaki, and you too dear ukht. :)

Zafran
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Bro she is talking about islamqa.com . The site is supervised by Sheikh Mohammed Salih al-Munajjid. This great scholar is a student of the eminent sheikhs ibn Baz and al-Uthaimeen (rahimahumullaah). There is absolutely nothing wrong in taking a fatwa from this site inshallaah.

And to the OP: Its much advisable to put the same question to the sheikh himself. You will inshallaah get a satisfying answer.
Salaam

I'm not a fan of taking fatwas from online sites even if its Islam QA - It would be better to actually go and see a scholar or an imam in the community.

peace

cat eyes
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Honey , I have read the original Arabic fatwa and I found that the one who translated it to English language had added things which are not in the real Arabic one and now I will send the site mentioning this in shaa Allah to correct this mistake ...

I will post both of them my sweetie and show you the extra words( by making them red) which made this fatwa wrong ...

and when he said:

he meant it is permissible to use botox in breast implants for those who have had a breast removed to restore it to the way it was created by Allah, if botox is free from harm...

and Allah knows the best

may Allah reward you ukhti :) Alhamdulilah!!:wub:

i know anyone can make mistakes but they should be extremely careful in future. this is very worrying indeed :-\

cat eyes
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I've also read various fatwas which contradict one another. For instance there was a fatwa saying cosmetic surgery is haram for vanity, but a woman with a broad nose was allowed it because it was to remove a fault. Since when is a broad nose a fault?
thats truly terrible:hmm: astagfuriallah

cat eyes
06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
thank you every one for your replies. yes i think inshallah its best to get in contact with imam directly.

Muslim Woman
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Salaam.

I have seen fatwa that it's haram to pluck eye brow but it's allowed to pluck hair from upper lip. So , it's not totally forbidden to make changes in face ? Any one can clear the matter ?

Snowflake
06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam.

I have seen fatwa that it's haram to pluck eye brow but it's allowed to pluck hair from upper lip. So , it's not totally forbidden to make changes in face ? Any one can clear the matter ?
:sl: dear ukht,

well women aren't meant to have a mouchaan lol. Allah never meant them to. Hormone imbalance can cause hairs to grow where they shouldn't. So it's a condition and thus it's allowed to be removed.

Asiyah3
06-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Salaam.

:sl:
From what I've read only the plucking of eyebrows is forbidden from facial hair. And Allah knows best.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5931; Muslim, 2125)

Masuma
06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I asked sister Danah and she directed me towards some links :wub:

The muslim woman have to beautify herself as she want but within the permitted boundaries that Islam allowed, I am not a scholar or even a student of knowledge, but I will share what I know and what we practice here. As for the eyebrows plucking its a clear forbidden.

As for removing the hair of the face like upperlips parts or cheeks there is nothing wrong with it, read here

As for bleaching, the scholars are differ in that issue, some said its okay some others said no its not. Some scholars said its okay like Ibn Uthaimin, some others said its not like Ibn Jabrin. You may read this

Above all, there is no single law in Islam without a wisdom behind it. The eyebrow area is a place where many blood vessels gathered so when the hair is plucked from there it might cause damage for that area hence cause a severe damage for the body. I heard a story happened few years ago of a woman went to the beauty saloon to pluck her eyebrows and while the worker girl was doing her job on the customer face there were one hair of the eyebrow that she couldn't remove becuz that hair was so strong. Then another worker came along to help and when that one hair got removed the customer died!!!

There were one of those blood vessels that feed the brain in that area and with the hair that was attached to it removed the vessels was damaged!
Jazakamullahu Khair!

cat eyes
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
i remember a girl in school was telling me actually her friend had got some nerve damage from plucking her eye brows.

i didnt believe it at the time but subhanAllah there is a lot we don't know because salons are making so much money every year on this alone.

Muslim Woman
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Salaam ;

I browsed about eye brow pluck and found this.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:
(a) There is no sin on a woman if she removes hair on her upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not part of the tanammus (plucking) that is forbidden.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195)

(b) The Committee was asked:

What is the Islamic ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows?
They replied:

It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/197)

The Standing Committee was asked:
What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body?
They replied:

It is permissible for her to do that, apart from the hair of the eyebrows and head. It is not permissible for her to remove the hair of her head or to remove any part of the eyebrows, whether by shaving or any other means.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194
We should comment on the questioner’s words “I know that plucking the eyebrows is haraam and removing facial hair is also.”
As for plucking the eyebrows, this is haraam and is a major sin, because the Prophet [an error occurred while processing this directive] (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who do it.
But as for removing facial hair, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars as to whether it is permissible to remove it. This is based on their various understandings of the word al-namas.
Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows. Others were of the view that al-namas refers to removing the hair of the eyebrows only. This was the view favoured by the Standing Committee as is clear from the fatwas quoted above.

http://www.muslimconverts.com/cosmet...g_eyebrows.htm

Snowflake
06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows. Others were of the view that al-namas refers to removing the hair of the eyebrows only. This was the view favoured by the Standing Committee as is clear from the fatwas quoted above.
I find this hard to understand. Assuming the scholars know that superflous hair can be a result of hormone imbalance then why would they deem it impermissible to pluck it; especially when at the same time they allow cosmetic surgery to remove a fault. :-\

And there is a a number of hadith which state that it is forbidden to strike the face. This is so as to not disfigure or scar it as the face is a source of pride. And there is nothing wrong in taking pride in your looks as long as it doesn't lead to arrogance. The prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him forbade cutting the tail of horses for they have pride in them. Then how can a woman who has facial hair feel proud of her looks. The poor woman will hide and shy away and be ashamed of it. I don't believe Allah the Merciful and Kind wants any woman to fdeel like so. How can she feel comfortable facing her husband knowing he is not looking at her but at her beard? With due respect, I wish to talk to the scholars who deem it impermissible and show them that a hairy face can harm a woman physically and psychologically. Allah made Islam easy for us, not a punishment!

Asiyah3
06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I find this hard to understand. Assuming the scholars know that superflous hair can be a result of hormone imbalance then why would they deem it impermissible to pluck it; especially when at the same time they allow cosmetic surgery to remove a fault. :-\

And there is a a number of hadith which state that it is forbidden to strike the face. This is so as to not disfigure or scar it as the face is a source of pride. And there is nothing wrong in taking pride in your looks as long as it doesn't lead to arrogance. The prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him forbade cutting the tail of horses for they have pride in them. Then how can a woman who has facial hair feel proud of her looks. The poor woman will hide and shy away and be ashamed of it. I don't believe Allah the Merciful and Kind wants any woman to fdeel like so. How can she feel comfortable facing her husband knowing he is not looking at her but at her beard? With due respect, I wish to talk to the scholars who deem it impermissible and show them that a hairy face can harm a woman physically and psychologically. Allah made Islam easy for us, not a punishment!
Sister, I think you misundrestood. I highly doubt any scholar would forbid all facial hair. The question asked and so the article concerned the hair between the eyebrows, not other facial hair.

The following hadith shows that women shouldn't resemble men:

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435). And Allaah knows best.

Jazakiallahu khairan.

ps. Sis Cat eyes see now you confused everybody.. :p

Snowflake
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
*muslimah**;1337067]:sl:
Sister, I think you misundrestood. I highly doubt any scholar would forbid all facial hair. The question asked and so the article concerned the hair between the eyebrows, not other facial hair.
I didn't misunderstand ukhti. Some scholars do forbid removing any hair from face. It's quoted in Sis Muslim Woman's post.

As follows: Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows.

But hamdulillah the standing committee do not hold this view.

The following hadith shows that women shouldn't resemble men:

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435). And Allaah knows best.

Jazakiallahu khairan.
ps. Sis Cat eyes see now you confused everybody.. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't understand how that's related to the topic : S

cat eyes
06-10-2010, 06:59 PM
lol yeh i don't think Allah would want any woman to grow a beard also.

cat eyes
06-10-2010, 07:08 PM
But as for removing facial hair, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars as to whether it is permissible to remove it. This is based on their various understandings of the word al-namas.

thats the first i heard of that. scholars cannot have different opinions on this. different opinions only come when there is different sound hadiths to prove that getting rid of facial hair is haraam. there is no hadiths to state that therefore they must be throwing there different opinions from there own heads. fatwas can only be given when there is sound evidence from the holy Qur'an and sunnah if that was not the case, then anybody could issue a fatwa on whats halal and whats not. we know that the plucking from the eye brows is not allowed because there is sound hadith to prove it. this is all that we have to go by. it is the part of the face that makes a woman more beautiful if plucked and this is clear hadith.

Masuma
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Sisters :wub: you don't mind me asking the "stupid question" again or do you? :embarrass the question is that
"Why for such a small thing Allah would CURSE a woman?" It's not like some shirk or anything along those lines! So why? :(

And I know sister Danah gave a reply but I need some more explanation. :(

Candle
06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm interested in this..

Broad eyebrows can be quite attractive, and they are certainly more attractive than a woman having no eyebrows at all (when they fill them in with makeup). Maybe the fatwa is referring to unibrows? Us men are supposed to keep our hair trimmed, both on our head and body, so I'm not sure I see the difference.

Amat Allah
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Sisters :wub: you don't mind me asking the "stupid question" again or do you? :embarrass the question is that
"Why for such a small thing Allah would CURSE a woman?" It's not like some shirk or anything along those lines! So why? :(

And I know sister Danah gave a reply but I need some more explanation. :(

Praise be to Allaah.

We say concerning such matters: we may or may not understand the wisdom behind it, because we do not know the wisdom behind many things, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning the Rooh (the spirit). Say: ‘The Rooh (the spirit) is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little’”

[al-Isra’ 17:85].

if someone were to ask us: what is the reason behind Allaah making the camel in this manner, and making the horse in this manner, and making the donkey in this manner, and making the human in this manner? and so on, if he were to ask us about the reason or wisdom behind these things, we would not know. If we were to be asked: what is the reason why Allaah has made Zuhr prayer four rak’ahs, and ‘Asr prayer four, and Maghrib three, and ‘Isha’ four, and so on? We would not be able to know the wisdom behind that.

Thus we know that with regard many matters, both in the universe and in terms of sharee’ah, the wisdom behind them is hidden from us. As that is the case, we say: if we manage to understand the wisdom behind some things in creation or in sharee’ah, if Allaah blesses us by enabling us to understand it, that is additional virtue, goodness and knowledge. If we do not understand that, that is not going to harm us in any way.

and Allah says:

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36 – interpretation of the meaning]

the Muslim believes that Allaah is All-Wise and All-Knowing, and He does not create anything do anything or forbid anything in vain; all of His actions are based on Wisdom. If the wisdom behind any of His actions is hidden from the believer, then he should still adhere to this principle, and not think of his Lord in bad terms.
May Allah love you my sweet sister and reward you with the best always and for ever Ameen

Asiyah3
06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I didn't misunderstand ukhti. Some scholars do forbid removing any hair from face. It's quoted in Sis Muslim Woman's post.

As follows: Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows.

But hamdulillah the standing committee do not hold this view.
I'm going to check that up insha'llah.

Sorry, I don't understand how that's related to the topic : S
A woman with beard will look like a man :/.

Masuma
06-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Dear sisters, I want to ask that what if a woman wants to look pretty to her h...:embarrass you know who! So why can't she have facials etc? I'm not talking about the eyebrows! I'm talking about part between the eyebrows, upper lip part etc! :( So what should be done?

And the scholars are also divided in their fatwas. how would an ordinary muslimah know what is right or wrong? :(

And the non-believing women would look more beautiful and we won't! :laugh:

Amat Allah
06-12-2010, 10:49 PM
here you are my sweet heart, stick to this in shaa Allah ,ok honey?

Removing facial hair.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to hair which is abnormal, because it grows in places where hair does not usually grow, such as a woman having a moustache or hair growing on her cheeks, there is nothing wrong with removing this, because it is abnormal and is disfiguring to the woman.

The Standing Committee was asked about women removing facial hair, and they replied as follows:

It is OK for a woman to remove hair on the upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not the same as plucking (eyebrows), which is forbidden.
‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195

The Standing Committee was also asked:

What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body; if it is permissible, then who is allowed to do that for her?

They answered:

It is permissible for her (to remove) everything except her eyebrows and the hair on her head; it is not permissible for her to remove those, or to remove anything from the eyebrows whether by shaving or any other means. She, her husband or one of her mahrams may do that for her, with regard to the parts of the body that they are permitted to see; or another woman may do that, with regard to the parts of the body that she is permitted to see

‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194

The hair of the private parts and the thighs may not be seen by either another woman or a mahram.

It is forbidden for a woman to remove her eyebrows or part of them by any means, whether it be by shaving, cutting, using a depilatory substance, because this constitutes the plucking for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it, i.e., the women who plucks all or part of her eyebrows, claiming that it is for the purpose of beautification, or the woman who does that for her husband. This is changing the creation of Allaah which the Shaytaan promised to enjoin upon the sons of Adam.
and Allah knows the best...

Masuma
06-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I love you sister Amat Allah! But look, our beloved sister Muslim woman found this too. :(

Salaam ;

The latter view was favored but what does that mean? Does that mean the latter view was right? What if the first group of scholars are right? How would we know?

And if I had to choose, I would obviously go for the latter scholars as no women would want to look umm...less pretty, to her hubby. :embarrass

Amat Allah
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
stick to waht I posted for yah my sweetie , I took that fatwa from a trustworthy scholar and I asure you that , it is correct my dear , don`t worry...ok? love u too BTW darling ^^

Snowflake
06-14-2010, 01:30 PM
An33za, despite some scholars' illogical opinion, the standing committee agree that it's ok to remove facial hair except eyebrows. So inshaAllah we can follow them without any hesitation. :)

Others were of the view that al-namas refers to removing the hair of the eyebrows only. This was the view favoured by the Standing Committee as is clear from the fatwas quoted above.

Amat Allah
06-14-2010, 01:34 PM
yep you are right my dear and precious sister ^^ may Allah love you Ameeeeeeeeeen

Masuma
06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
okay so I'm going to have then all the facials etc as it is permissible in Islam. and Allah knows that we in no way are disobeying Him. Astaghfirullah! We love Allah more then anything else and as there is no harm in removing facial hair, then Allah would not curse us right! But I'll always try to confirm this from someone whom I find knowledgeable.

May Allah bless you all so much! :wub:

Snowflake
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
:sl: No ukhti, Allah is more loving toward us than our own mothers habibiti. No one understands us or our pain, fears, embarrassment, humiliation better than Allah. Have you read the ayah where Allah subhana wa ta 'ala admonished His beloved prophet (saw) for turning away from the blind man who'd approached him? SubhanAllah!!!!!!!!!! Allah the Most Kind and Just did not even let His beloved Prophet be anything but fair to that man. This is my Beautiful Allah's mercy and compassion for His creation. :statisfie :cry:

Masuma
06-21-2010, 08:03 PM
My sisters, just a tip here.
Never ever go for whole face hair plucking as this is only going to worsen the situation! Constant plucking of face hair would leave the skin rough, and in old age, the skin would be more loose than it should be naturally. This is what I'm sincerely advising but Allah knows best!

(...and yes, no beautician would ever tell you such things...)
Jazakamullahu Khair! :D

Predator
06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Certain things were allowed for women but forbidden for men such as wearing of silks.

The below site contains hadiths wearing of wigs for women is forbidden .

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...17/chap296.htm

What about men wearing wigs ?

distressed
06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
Certain things were allowed for women but forbidden for men such as wearing of silks.

The below site contains hadiths wearing of wigs for women is forbidden .

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...17/chap296.htm

What about men wearing wigs ?
why is wearing a wig haram for a woman ? Ive been told its ok if its for medical purposes but extensions to enhance hair are haram. I'll find the link & post in on here..

kite runner
06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

and when he said:

and Allah knows the best

good reply. I didnt think they would have such a big mistake in the translation. Whenever looking at fatwas online I usually look at a few sites and get the most common ruling.

nousername
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
:embarrass Yes but isn't excessive hair between the eyebrows not natural and unattractive for a woman? I happen to grow a lot of hair between my brows and if i dont get rid of the middle hair(between the brows) it looks like a big caterpillar...i don't pluck the actual eye brows though.

kite runner
06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I heard that too that it is ok to pluck inbetween the eyebrows, I also heard its ok to wax them just not pluck.. hmmm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!