/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Horrible Ad in the forum ?

Muslim Woman
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Salaam/Peace

Am I the only who is seeing a horrible youtube ad in a thread ? I reported about it about 2 hours back ; still it's there :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Not the only one. But I didn't see the You tube one I saw others that shouldn't be shown on an Islamic forum.

But Br Rashad made a thread ages ago so members can post the links for the ads they see thaat arn't suitable for an Islamc forum.

Edit: He's actually made another thread http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...round-2-a.html

aadil77
06-09-2010, 04:49 PM
theres loads of dating ones, some with revealing women

Muslim Woman
06-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Salaam.

Who is in the Advertising charge ? Is not it possible for him/her to check if nasty photoes are in the ad before allowing it here ??

It's shocking to see revealing women , closed intimacy photo in an Islamic site .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-10-2010, 05:08 AM
:sl:

not that I am complaining but how come I see no advertisement? I use the 'enlighten' skin.. perhaps that will help those seeing inappropriate sites?

:w:

Woodrow
06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
I believe that what Bro Rashad had to do was sell a block of adverising space. Sadly it means you can not preview any ads before they are post. I believe he can rewmove a specific add it it is reported to him. I believe if you go to his latest thread it will help you understand what each of us can do to help get unappropriate ads removed.

Fuaadh
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
That's the first thing I saw when I came on this forum lol.. Was really a shock :o

جوري
06-10-2010, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
You have AdBlock plus installed?
not that I know of, this is all I have installed..

and this is what my screen looks like:

and this is what my screen looks like now:

Woodrow
06-11-2010, 03:50 AM

I believe you are missing them because you are using the enlighten skin, plus you have the Privacy plus addon installed on firefox.

جوري
06-11-2010, 03:56 AM
al7mdlillah.. well whatever works I ain't complaining.. I haven't noticed any ads at all and I suggest everyone else jump on this wagon if they are bothered by undesirable ads..

:w:

Muslim Woman
06-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
..Sadly it means you can not preview any ads before they are post. .

but is it possible to give condition that images of revealing women or closed pictures can not be posted here ?

Woodrow
06-11-2010, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

but is it possible to give condition that images of revealing women or closed pictures can not be posted here ?

It is my understanding that is part of the contract. But, it seems the advertising agency does not understand what we consider to be appropriate.

Muslim Woman
06-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Salaam

It is my understanding that is part of the contract. But, it seems the advertising agency does not understand what we consider to be appropriate.

I saw a couple kissing in youtube ad here ; at least ad agency can understnad that this much close intimacy is not appropriate here :(

Pl. do more to prevent this kind of ad . I don't use firefox , don't know how to get anti ad software . Also , don't have much space in computer for downloading new thing :(

glo
06-13-2010, 07:12 AM
This being a Muslim forum you might wish to remove the ad which says "I took Jesus as my Saviour".

Beardo
06-13-2010, 07:22 AM
^ All the abovementioned have been removed. :) Jazakumullahu Khair for your patience.

imam bukhari
06-13-2010, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ All the abovementioned have been removed. :) Jazakumullahu Khair for your patience.
Assalaam o alaykum akhee,

You also got adds promoting christianity!!!

It was something like 'do you want saviour ..." and something like "Become one of Gods sons" etc

Danah
06-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Just get an Adblock and rest your mind. I see no adds at all.

Muslim Woman
06-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Salaam/Peace

someone pl. post how to install a free Adblock ? Thanks

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 02:35 PM

Here is a download for free adblock.

http://download.cnet.com/Adblock/300...-10461863.html

The big box that says RUN A FREE SCAN is an ad. Go to the lower left and click on DOWNLOAD NOW underneath where it says Adblock 0.5.3.043

Ramadhan
06-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Why am I still getting the super ridiculous "Online Christianity Teacher" ads??

Can anyone please explain??

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Why am I still getting the super ridiculous "Online Christianity Teacher" ads??

Can anyone please explain??
I think you may be the only one getting that. Sounds like a redirect cookie was downloaded onto your browser. Clear your browser cache, empty the saved cookies and reboot. That should take care of it. You will loose your saved passwords and saved log ins, but you can restore them when you log in and click the save password thing.

Ramadhan
06-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I think you may be the only one getting that. Sounds like a redirect cookie was downloaded onto your browser. Clear your browser cache, empty the saved cookies and reboot. That should take care of it. You will loose your saved passwords and saved log ins, but you can restore them when you log in and click the save password thing.
Ah ok.
I guess it's a relic from when those google searches inadvertently took me to christian websites parading misleadingly as islamic websites.
I am clearing my cache and cookies now.
It's really a hassle because now I have to login to every web accounts I belong to, and I am not even sure I remember all my passwords!

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Ah ok.
I guess it's a relic from when those google searches took me to christian websites parading misleadingly as islamic websites.
I am clearing my cache now.
It's really a hassle because now I have to login to every web accounts I belong to, and I am not even sure I remember all my passwords!
It is a hassle. But, sadly it is all I can think of. If you have forgotten some of your log-in information for some sites you may want to go through and reset all of them to be certain you have them written down.

Masuma
06-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Did anyone notice the pathetic Hindu idols popping up in an ad? When I went to "importance for seeking knowledge" section, it was dangling right at the top of my post!

:uuh:

ASTAGFIRULLAH!

Brother Rashad, do.something.about.it. :mad: Please!!!!!!!!!

This is just horrible! Now even the hindu idols have found a resting place in an Islamic Forum!!! Allah would be so angry!

I'll install the ad block but the thing is that it is not at all i-don't-know-what for an ISLAMIC FORUM to promote Hindu Idols and "Jesus as my savior" etc!

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Did anyone notice the pathetic Hindu idols popping up in an ad? When I went to "importance for seeking knowledge" section, it was dangling right at the top of my post!

:uuh:

ASTAGFIRULLAH!

Brother Rashad, do.something.about.it. :mad: Please!!!!!!!!!

This is just horrible! Now even the hindu idols have found a resting place in an Islamic Forum!!! Allah would be so angry!

I'll install the ad block but the thing is that it is not at all i-don't-know-what for an ISLAMIC FORUM to promote Hindu Idols and "Jesus as my savior" etc!
Sadly, the site owner could no longer afford the monthly forum expenses for the forum and had to sell ad space. It seems the buyer of the ad space is not honoring the contract. Inshallah, the site owner will be able to work this out with the agency that bought the ad space.

glo
06-13-2010, 07:38 PM
How much does it cost to run this forum on a monthly basis, Woodrow, if I can ask?

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
How much does it cost to run this forum on a monthly basis, Woodrow, if I can ask?
I really do not know. I have a small commercial site that is not in a forum format and it is costing me right at $200 per month (I think that is about 85 GBP per month) Inshallah, now that we are settled down again I will be able to re-open my online stores and hopefully I will be able to buy enough ads here that Bro Rashad will not have to sell the space to outsiders.

Masuma
06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I really do not know. I have a small commercial site that is not in a forum format and it is costing me right at $200 per month (I think that is about 85 GBP per month) Inshallah, now that we are settled down again I will be able to re-open my online stores and hopefully I will be able to buy enough ads here that Bro Rashad will not have to sell the space to outsiders.
InshAllah! :statisfie

Muslim Woman
07-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Salaam

I still can see Jesus is my Savious ad in Things in Islam I am curious about thread. Glad that no more dating ad is here , at least did not notice any.

Rhubarb Tart
07-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I think those ads are deliberately placed on this forum to agitate the Muslims and all seem to have agenda beyond promoting their sites.

It is never going to be normal ads of clothing; cars, toys or even food is it? :/

nousername
07-27-2010, 06:33 AM
http://www.migdalohr.org/?gclid=CMTD...FRwhnAod3jnGfA this is an ad for migdal ohr, a "charity" to invest in Israel's future..... we need Palestinian ads, not Israeli!!!!

nousername
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Another israeli ad! http://www.holyland-pilgrimage.org/?...FYpV2godhkOhmA for christian pilgramage to the "holy land" seems like israel is infiltrating the forum with ads

Woodrow
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
The way the ad thing works is a bit complicated. To make a long story short, most of us are seeing different ads than other members see. The ads are selected on the basis of tracking cookies that get put on a computer every time we visit any sites or open some emails. Google seems to think that by theses cookies it can feed us the ads we will respond to. To get this sorted out you can set your preferences. But you have to get the PC to over ride the tracking cookies on it.

For those with this problem, on the ads you will see black writing that says "ads by google" Click on that and you will be taken to another page.In the first paragraph you will see a highlighted link called "ads preference manager" click that and follow the instructions for selecting the type of ads you would find appropriate. Do not forget to accept the permanent cookie for your computer otherwise you will loose the option when you log off.

north_malaysian
08-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Now I can see ads about "A Multiculture Ramadan", "Peta Bangunan Ai Iman", "Convert to Islam now", "Greenview Islamic School", "Muslim Religion in SG" and "How to Convert to Islam"

ardianto
08-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Some ads that I see are in Indonesian language, but not horrible. Those are about Islam in Singapore and about how to sell your products.

AabiruSabeel
08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I get this ad:

God -total Union with God
Why Jesus is the Only Way to Union? The Answer May Surprise You.
www.hallvworthington.com

Woodrow
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
I get this ad:

God -total Union with God
Why Jesus is the Only Way to Union? The Answer May Surprise You.
www.hallvworthington.com

Did you try setting your preferences as I mentioned above? If that did not work try changing the preferences or select the opt out choice that will change the adds to those related to the topic of the thread you are viewing.

Blasted Google is getting too bossy.

north_malaysian
08-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Now I can see this ad:

Rent a Phone in Israel
No More Roaming Charges Rent a Phone and Travel for Less
www.israelphones.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!