/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Salamu Alaikum

x_laila_x
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
A Salamu Alaikum,

I would like to say my Salam to all existing members. I am a revert sister to Islam. I took m Shahada almost one year ago now, thank Allah. I have joined this board in search of knowledge and be in the company of like minded Muslims.

W-Salam,
Laila.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
06-10-2010, 02:03 AM
:wa: sister Laila,

Welcome to Islamicboard.:) There's is much to learn from here alhamdulillah.

I hope you have a beneficial stay sis.

:sl:

جوري
06-10-2010, 02:48 AM
:welcome: aboard ukhty.. we are so happy to have you join us.. pls. enjoy your stay..

:w:

PouringRain
06-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you could post the story of your reversion and what led you to Islam sometime. :) If you do a search, I am pretty sure there is at least one thread where you could post it. I'd find it for you, but I am not on my usual computer so it makes it very difficult on this one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi Mansur
06-10-2010, 03:18 AM
:wa:

Welcome Uchti, I would really like to read your reversion story when you get a chance.
Hope your stay is beneficial.

Peace.

x_laila_x
06-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Thank you very much for your warm welcome. Does this board have many international members?

I have some questions on:

• Hijaab
  • Shaytaan
  • Jinn

If anyone could direct me who to ask, it would be greatly appreciated :)

I was blessed by Allah having a circle of Muslim friends which triggered my curiosity. I have been brought up without religion and felt that there was something missing from life. Simple questions plagued me; Is this it? So we just die and nothing happens, the world just continues? Whats the purpose in life?..... I researched many religions but all those other than Islam I found did not sit right with me, I disagreed with some points or it projected views I could not agree with. I didnt want to follow a text that was man made, I may aswell make my own rules and say I am doing the right thing.

Islam, however, sat right and I could not disagree. Perhaps the largest hurdle is being a western woman, and having the freedom to do so freely so much which is prohibited in Islam where so many things are widely accepted and being such a non-judgemental person. But the divine word of Allah has kept me on the straight path, mashAllah. I learnt for several years and took my Shahdah much to the dismay of many of those around me. But I need to live in my own skin, so I feel I need to do what is right for me.

No one can create even one verse similar to that of the Quran - even looking at this simple statement, it shows to me that the Quran is not the word of man. So this helped me in my decision making.

I understand this is very short as I am not sure what to write regarding my reversion so please feel free to ask any questions :)

Asiyah3
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome sister. Hope you have a beneficial stay. :) You could start a thread in the right section and ask there any questions you have insha'Allah.

Misz_Muslimah
06-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatu laahi wa barakaatu Laila,
Hope you have a beneficial stay :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Wa`Alaaykum Salaam sister
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Hope you have a beneficial stay :)
Peace

h-n
06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
:welcome:

Hope you enjoy it here.

Just to let you know that I have written threads on "Devils" and "Satan refusing to prostrate" they are both in the General section on page 2 or 3 I think. i hope you find it useful for what your looking for.

Sister h-n.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!