/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question for brothers

Ummu Sufyaan
06-12-2010, 06:02 AM
:sl:
a) do you brothers get pestered/harassed for having a beard/practice Islam...sort of in the same sense a sister would get harassed/pestered for wearing hijab/niqaab? is it a common thing? if yes, does it affect your iman/make you hesitant about continuing to grow your beard?

b) if yes, would you deem it helpful if there was some sort of support group/website/forum where you could get information on how to deal with this, and talk to brothers in the same situation as you, as to get practical advice.

i know you men tend not to be a fan of speaking about your problems, but does it make a difference if it related to your iman?

feedback would be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
espada
06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
:sl:

I grow a beard and live in the U.S. and try my best to practice Islam - although i still dress in more of a "Western" style.

The only one that ever pesters/harasses me for the beard is ... my mother. Maybe everyone else is just afraid i'll squash them (lol - not really).

I'd think wearing a more Islamic "style" of dress would get more harassment. At least that's the case where i live.

In regards to (b), couldn't hurt i guess.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!