/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question - If the Muslim nation were a body ...

espada
06-12-2010, 01:16 PM
السلام عليكم

I just started thinking about this and i'd like to post this to anyone who would be interested in responding.

If this Ummah were viewed as a body (in our present current state):

Who is the brain?

Who are the eyes?

Who are the hands, the feet, shoulders, etc.?

Who are the lungs, the stomach etc.?

Who is the heart?

Are the hands the people that make dawah or is it the mujahideen. Are the brains the ulama? Or is the brain the pretenders in knowledge?

Are the legs and feet those that go to the masjids for their prayers or the ones that run when they hear the azaan? Or the refugees that are forced from their homes?

Are the sheesha smokers our lungs?

Is the back the people of Palestine that struggle under the weight of oppression?

Who is the belly/stomach ... those who have nothing to eat?

Who is our voice and why are we not united in all of our "organ" systems?

What do any of you think?

When i look at it this way, i see our nation currently disjointed and in a state of disease. Whereas in the time of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) and his Companions (RA), they were all united and it was like everyone was a part of every body "system".

Then i look at this hadith:

On the authority of Abu 'Abdullah al-Nu'man bin Bashir, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:
"Truly, what is lawful is evident, and what is unlawful is evident, and in between the two are matters which are doubtful which many people do not know. He who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his flock round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."

IMO, the heart is corrupted.

It has been reported by Imam Ahmad in Al-Musnad and Al-Tirmithi in Sunan that Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “When the believer commits sin, a black spot appears on his heart. If he repents and gives up that sin and seeks forgiveness, his heart will be polished. But if (the sin) increases, (the black spot) increases. That is the raan which Allah mentions in His Book: ‘Nay! But on their hearts is the Raan (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn’ .” Al-Tirmithi said that it is sahih (authentic).

I'm no scholar, nor do i pretend to be. Nor am i some wannabe saint that expects something from this. And if i've done something offensive in this thread, feel free to erase it and Allah forgive me. But in light of my take on the ummah being in a state of disease, these make me feel good:

Abu Hurairah also reports that Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him, said: "For every misfortune, illness, anxiety, grief, or hurt that afflicts a Muslim -even the hurt caused by the pricking of a thorn - Allah removes some of his sins." Ibn Mas'ud said: "I visited the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, while he had a fever. I exclaimed: 'O Messenger of Allah! You have a high fever! ' He said: 'My fever is as much as two among you [might have]. ' I asked: 'Is it because you have a double reward?' He replied: 'Yes, that is right. No Muslim is afflicted with any hurt, even if it is no more than the pricking of a thorn, but Allah wipes off his sins because of it and his sins fall away from him as leaves fall from a tree'."

Jabir narrated that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "There is a cure for every disease. Whenever an illness is treated with its right remedy, it will, by Allah's permission, be cured." (Muslim)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM
:sl:
if the ummah were a body, tawheed would be the heart. anything after that you don't really need to worry about, as everything else would fall into place.

Masuma
06-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Umm..., I didn't read the whole post :embarrass because its a bit long. But I don't think that the real Ummah of the Prophet actually exists.

glo
06-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Of course I am not a Muslim, but I would consider every person to have a special part in the body - without each and every small part, the whole body cannot exist.

Bear in mind that this quote is from the Bible and not the Qu'ran - so you may or may not find it useful ...

Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Does that represent your view of the Ummah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
espada
06-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Sorry if the post was too long An33za but in a way, i guess you are right in your opinion. And in my opinion that is a problem.

Ummu Sufyaan - is tawheed the heart or the blood, or the soul of our ummah? Something is wrong with the Muslim nation. Imo if seen from the example of the body system, it is diseased physically, spiritually and mentally. Allah forgive me for any insolence.

glo - yes we the living are most likely all cells in the body. And just like the cells of the body are replaced so too we will be.

Sorry, it was just a feeling/idea that came up this morning. Basically i'm tired of the sickness and the disunity.

Jazakallah Khair for the responses An33za and Ummu Sufyaan.

And thank you ms. glo for yours as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!