/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When it comes 2 helping the opposite/sex..........

Ansariyah
06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Imagine a sis faints ina busy islamic book store the majority of shoppers n stuff are male...Brothas I need ur insight wat wud u do?

n pls dont tell me u wud stand there n do nothing, havin only 'omg shes a sis i cant help her running through ur head'...

Share ur insights, I need ur honest views..jzk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
It depends on the criticality of the situation. If someone has fainted i don't think anyone can simply flee from the scene.

جوري
06-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I'd offer help of course, especially if it is a Muslim.. I help kaffirs everyday why shouldn't I help a Muslim who could be having a lethal arrhythmia or a cardiac arrest of a cardiogenic shock or a neurogenic shock etc. etc. etc.

I mean it is common sense I think, does anyone need to think twice about this?

:w:

Dagless
06-13-2010, 01:21 AM
I'd help her immediately. I might not even wait to see if there were other sisters in the store to approach her instead (if she just collapsed that is). I mean better I help her and get slapped than I don't help her and she possibly dies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-13-2010, 01:24 AM
yes id help if he is non muslim and he is male because if he saw a muslimah fleeing from the scene what would he think about islam and muslims? and this memory will stay with him or her for life you know and he will always remember a muslim leaving at that place and time because you never forget things like this. we should help at any cost. yes this is common sense:D

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 01:29 AM
ive always been the type of person that if any body dropped money or what ever id have to pick it up for them.. i even open doors for non mehrams, muslim or non muslim lol:hmm: its just a habit from child hood my parents always told us to have manners.. and i cant just leave this habit.

Life_Is_Short
06-13-2010, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
ive always been the type of person that if any body dropped money or what ever id have to pick it up for them.. i even open doors for non mehrams, muslim or non muslim lol:hmm: its just a habit from child hood my parents always told us to have manners.. and i cant just leave this habit.
Your parents asked you to leave this habit?? =/

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Your parents asked you to leave this habit?? =/
lol no but some muslims believe its best not to go near non mehrams in these circumstances like opening doors for them when your walking in to a store or what ever place it might be but you cannot shake off what your parents thought u. it stays with you for life i think..

marwen
06-13-2010, 01:54 AM
We all have moments of weakness. Everyone of us can imagine himself in a hard situation where any body around would be helpful. Well the correct way is to have people of the same gender to care about us, but if they don't exist, then we will need any existing help. In such situations, where life is in danger, who cares about the other things ? (of course if the person who offer help has a minimum of respect for humans).
Anyway, May Allah protect us from weakness.

Life_Is_Short
06-13-2010, 01:58 AM
lol no but some muslims believe its best not to go near non mehrams in these circumstances like opening doors for them when your walking in to a store or what ever place it might be but you cannot shake off what your parents thought u. it stays with you for life i think..
It would be rude not to open the door if someone is about to enter behind you. The opening door things is quite common here especially if you're walking through and you know someone is behind. You'd be seen as a very rude person if you one day decide to deviate from the norm. lol

It is just like you're supposed to say "please" and "Thank you".

I don't believe you should stand there opening doors for people that are like a miles away however becuase that would be very awkward. :p

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't believe you should stand there opening doors for people that are like a miles away however becuase that would be very awkward. :p
this is what im talking about :hmm:

Just kidding ;D

Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2010, 02:08 AM
:sl:
interesting thread...

i think it really depends on the situation. sometimes somethings happen to you and due to your lack of knowledge on how to deal with them and/or your pure shock, you literally just stand here doing nothing and in some cases, either way even if you did do something, there is that fear (in the case where the person fainted due getting beaten up or something dramatic like that) that the attacker may turn on you.

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 02:10 AM
It would be rude not to open the door if someone is about to enter behind you. The opening door things is quite common here especially if you're walking through and you know someone is behind. You'd be seen as a very rude person if you one day decide to deviate from the norm.
there is many people who do that just let the door slam in there face. being nice is hard for some people to do and then we have these extreme muslims!!!!!!!!

Life_Is_Short
06-13-2010, 02:10 AM
this is what im talking about :hmm:
They'll think you're a stalker. lol

I wouldn't recommend that.

there is many people who do that just let the door slam in there face. being nice is hard for some people to do and then we have these extreme muslims!!!!!!!!
What kind of extreme muslims?

The everything is HARAM ones. =/

S<Chowdhury
06-13-2010, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
:sl:
interesting thread...

i think it really depends on the situation. sometimes somethings happen to you and due to your lack of knowledge on how to deal with them and/or your pure shock, you literally just stand here doing nothing and in some cases, either way even if you did do something, there is that fear (in the case where the person fainted due getting beaten up or something dramatic like that) that the attacker may turn on you.
I agree that yepp sometimes your in pure shock of the situation that presented itself you'd probably freeze but if a person runs away due to well in your scenario that the fear the attacker may turn on you well i think that the worst thing to do n lose alot of respect, i couldnt ever imagine doing that......

Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2010, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
I agree that yepp sometimes your in pure shock of the situation that presented itself you'd probably freeze but if a person runs away due to well in your scenario that the fear the attacker may turn on you well i think that the worst thing to do n lose alot of respect, i couldnt ever imagine doing that......
but what if the attacker had a knife/gun with them or was a lot more physically stronger? and what if you were in the situation where there was kids involved...could not the attacker turn on the kids?

S<Chowdhury
06-13-2010, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
but what if the attacker had a knife/gun with them or was a lot more physically stronger? and what if you were in the situation where there was kids involved...could not the attacker turn on the kids?
without tryin to sound like a hero or anything cause im far from it haha a knife a gun let him have c4 i wouldnt run, rather get shot or stabbed than run, just my mentality i guess......if kids were there all the more reason to stop that person......jus imagine if your bro or sis was the victim you wouldnt stand there or run away so why not for someone else's bro or sis

cat eyes
06-13-2010, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
lol thats a whole other topic. how ever it does happen

S<Chowdhury
06-13-2010, 02:50 AM
lol thats a whole other topic. how ever it does happen
oh yeah im not denying it doesn't happen...jus saying its wrong to just run

seek-paradise
06-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I think whatever the results and whatever the person or his religion I think (asking Allah to be sincere and honest ) that surely I'll help but the way i'll help may differ according to situation sometimes the good action is to run and ask for help because I really can't help and sometimes I should handle it myself but in case that there is no one can help I'll try itself whatever the result if I failed still better than leaving it according to the one should be helped not according to me and I'll depend on Allah my lord because He is the hafez

Danah
06-13-2010, 09:38 AM
I think it depends on the situation itself. I can't decide something that not happened yet!
If it happened to me one day I will share with u how did I react.

Amat Allah
06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله و بركاته

Book 019, Number 4454:
It has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik who said that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) allowed Umm Sulaim and some other women of the Ansar to accompany him when he went to war; they would give water (to the soldiers) and would treat the wounded.

Sahih Muslim...

I think if it wasn`t lawful for women to help those men in need ,the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) would replace them with men...and in Saheeh Muslim , the book of Jihaad there is a hadeeth narrated by the Sahabeeyah Umm Aatiyah , she said that she took part with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in seven battles. She was staying behind in the camp of men, cooking their food, treating the wounded and nursing the sick...may Allah be pleased with her and all Muslims ...Ameen

if there was a man in need and none was there but me, I would help him in`shaa Allah as much as I could no matter what...cause I don`t care of traditions , customs and people`s talk as long as my deen has given me the green light, and the satisfaction of Allah is the first and the last to think of and to seek... I don`t think that Allah doesn`t want us to help others whether they were men or women , Muslims or Kuffaar,Human Jini an animal or a plant, they are all souls...

may Allah protect us from all harms and be pleased with us always and for ever Ameeen

and Allah knows the best...

Candle
06-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Didn't the Prophet's wife fight in the battle of the camel as well? Anyways, I am not Muslim but I find it common sense that anyone would help another human in trouble. Or at least they should!

And what is Mehram?

Somaiyah
06-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

I would help him after a quick look if there is any other men around. A crisis is different than a situation with feelings. If we can save someone's life or prevent something bad from happen, there is no chance we should reject or deny because the person is from the opposite sex.

Let's just say that a man is about to jump from a bridge and you as a sister sees him, would you just let him jump or would you run towards him and grab him from behind to pull him back?

I believe the award from this is bigger than the possible sin.

Somaiyah
06-13-2010, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
Didn't the Prophet's wife fight in the battle of the camel as well? Anyways, I am not Muslim but I find it common sense that anyone would help another human in trouble. Or at least they should!

And what is Mehram?
Mahram is the persons for a woman who she can be close to even if they are of the opposite sex, like her father, grandfather, brother, uncle etc. Cousin for example is a non-Mahram because they can marry. The same for a man, his mahrams are for example his mother, grandmother, sister, aunt etc.

smile
06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
of course u gotta help her
its common sense
she could have had a concussion

جوري
06-13-2010, 07:47 PM

bystander syndrome? everyone walks by thinking someone else will offer help..
as a result a good Samaritan who is homeless dies a slow bleeding death..

something to think about!

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-13-2010, 07:55 PM
SubhaanAllaah thats quite shocking. . .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!