/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia to Israel: 'Our skies are free any time you want to attack Iran'

Supreme
06-12-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7148555.ece

Even I'm shocked and disgusted at this. Saudi Arabia seems to hate Iran so much, that they would even let Israel use their airspace? Israel? The country that is starving fellow Muslim Arabs just a few miles away from the border of Saudi Arabia? Are they nuts? Of course they are. The Saudi Arabian government is nuts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi Mansur
06-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are said to be as distrustful of the Iranian regime as the West. I'm not all that surprised that the Saudis don't trust Mr. Nutjob Ahmadinajab. It is interesting that Obama has still held back on giving tacit approval to a raid. I don't see how diplomacy will mean anything to Iran.

I wonder how this whole thing will ultimately play out.

:wa:

aadil77
06-13-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme

Even I'm shocked and disgusted at this. Saudi Arabia seems to hate Iran so much, that they would even let Israel use their airspace? Israel? The country that is starving fellow Muslim Arabs just a few miles away from the border of Saudi Arabia? Are they nuts? Of course they are. The Saudi Arabian government is nuts.
LOL they dont hate iran, rather they wouldn't risk offending their zionist masters in israel

this is how low so called 'muslim' countries have to go

There is not a single soverign muslim country in the world, none of them have the balls to say no or fight back. Thats why I'm hoping afghanistan becomes the first - iran doesn't count.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2010, 11:28 PM

yes Supreme we all know your "love" for Saudi Arabia is used to fuel your hate for us. trying to score points eh...will you phony's ever give it up :hmm:

i like how you have avoided posting this in the world affairs section...very sly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
06-14-2010, 06:41 AM

Hardly. One glance at the map should you why they might think a world with both Israel and Iran having nuclear weapons is not a particularly good idea if you happen to live in Saudi. In that context, Gaza is pretty much small fry to them.

Supreme
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
yes Supreme we all know your "love" for Saudi Arabia is used to fuel your hate for us. trying to score points eh...will you phony's ever give it up :hmm:

i like how you have avoided posting this in the world affairs section...very sly.
You'll have to translate this for me... I don't speak nonsense!

Hardly. One glance at the map should you why they might think a world with both Israel and Iran having nuclear weapons is not a particularly good idea if you happen to live in Saudi. In that context, Gaza is pretty much small fry to them.
It'd be a nightmare, I agree.

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I think to understand this a person needs to look at the historical record of Iran and their contempt of Arabs in the past. It was not very long ago when Iran did conquer nearly all of the Arab world and even what is now Pakistan was an Iranian state. The last time they threatened war on Saudi was when Saudi maps called the Persian Gulf the Arabian Sea. How soon we have forgotten Iran's invasions and attempted invasions of Iraq. Iran seems to take pride in being an Aryan Nation and not Arabic. The Arab States have had centuries of reasons to fear Iran compared to 60 years of hatred of Israel. The hatred and fear of Iran goes back much longer than the presence of Israel.

From a short 3 years ago:

Iran Arabs denounce discrimination
By Ahmed Janabi

The Iranian government accused Britain of
involvement in the Ahwaz bombings in 2006
Iranian Arabs in the oil-rich province of Khuzestan in southwest Iran have expressed a strong will to split from Iran and restore their own state, accusing Tehran of suppressing them racially, economically, and politically.

Ahwaz has been witnessing sporadic bombings and confrontations between residents and Iranian police.
SOURCE

Supreme
06-14-2010, 11:17 AM
That's right, Woodrow. I'm willing to bet the hatred of Shia Islam that's prelevant in Wahhabi Saudi Arabia also creates tension, in addition to the 'Persian vs Arab' hatred.

S_87
06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
all i can say is ISRAEL??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tango92
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Saudi Arabia denies opening up skies for Israeli airstrike against Iran
2010-06-14 12:20:00

Saudi Arabia has rejected media reports that it will allow Israel to use its air space to pound Iranian nuclear facilities.

According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riyadh has never permitted Israel to use its airspace to launch air strikes against Iran.

"Saudi Arabia has noticed some false claims in some sections of the British media that it has permitted Israel to launch attacks on Iran using its airspace," The Daily Times quoted the statement, as saying.

The statement further added that the Saudi Kingdom has a clear strategy of not allowing any country to use either its airspace or its soil against any other nation.

It may be noted that a British website had reported that following the UN Security Council's imposition of new sanctions on Tehran, Saudi Arabia had agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace to shorten the distance for any bombing.

"The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way," Timesonline had quoted a US defence source, as saying. (ANI)

http://sify.com/news/saudi-arabia-de...omueegced.html

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
all i can say is ISRAEL??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps the Arab world sees Iran as a greater threat to Islam than Israel. Keep in mind it is illegal to speak or teach Arabic in Iran. Farsi is the language of choice for the Qur'an and is used for Qur'anic readings in the Masjids. Even the prayers are said in Farsi. I do not believe it is even possible to buy an Arabic Language Qur'an in Iran.

The Qur'an (in Anglicized form: Koran ) is certainly the greatest literary work in classical Arabic and for all Muslims stands as the definitive word of God (in Arabic: Allah ) spoken to the prophet Muhammad by the angel Gabriel. When reading the Qur'an , you should realize that, for all Muslims, the text you are reading is quite literally the voice of God; because the Qur'an is the direct speech of God in Arabic, translation of the work is seen as blasphemy, as an unforgivable tampering with God's own speech. Nevertheless, the Qur'an has been translated into Turkish and Farsi (the language of Iran) in this century and is recited in these languages in religious services in Turkey and Iran. The Muslim community tolerates this but just barely. For all practical purposes, to be Muslim, then, means almost universally to be able to read and understand classical Arabic, despite what one's native language is.
SOURCE

Arabs call the province of Khuzestan Arabestan or Arabstan. Even though most speak Arabic , the majority cannot write or read Arabic, because the Iranian government refuses to recognize Arabic as another language in Iran, and does not allow the schools to teach the Arabic language.
SOURCE

If Iran conquers Israel the Arab world will be surrounded by Iran. Because Iran is Anti-Israel, that does not mean they are friends of the Arab world. Iran just may prove to be the greatest threat to the Arab people. Possibly the greatest threat to Islam if they continue to forbid the use of Arabic.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-14-2010, 01:29 PM
You'll have to translate this for me... I don't speak nonsense!
if you speak English though, it wont be too hard to translate it yourself.

Maryan0
06-14-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Perhaps the Arab world sees Iran as a greater threat to Islam than Israel. Keep in mind it is illegal to speak or teach Arabic in Iran. Farsi is the language of choice for the Qur'an and is used for Qur'anic readings in the Masjids. Even the prayers are said in Farsi. I do not believe it is even possible to buy an Arabic Language Qur'an in Iran.

Is it really? I've never heard of that you'd think there would be an outcry. I tend to like Iran even though they are shia because Ahmadenijad is the only leader to stand up to Israel and the west along with Turkey both non Arab people.
Salam

questioner8
06-14-2010, 02:10 PM

If Iran conquers Israel the Arab world will be surrounded by Iran. Because Iran is Anti-Israel, that does not mean they are friends of the Arab world. Iran just may prove to be the greatest threat to the Arab people. Possibly the greatest threat to Islam if they continue to forbid the use of Arabic.
Firstly, on the 'Arabic' is the language of the koran and therefore allah!
How can it be that knowledge and understanding of 'Arabic' is necessary to understand allah and islam?
There must be millions/billions of ordinary muslims through the centuries who for many reasons could/would not be able to learn 'Arabic'!
----
Notwithstanding, that the revelations of allah(supposedly) to the peoples of the book(Jews & Christians) were written down in Hebrew and Greek!
Very confusing and inconsistent!

And secondly on the 'Iran/Iranian' issue,-----
On the one hand, Iran is 'shi'ite' and not sunni! And is therefore regarded is inferior!

Yet, they are the supporters and enablers of hamas! hamas who are the avowed enemies of Israel/Israelis!
hamas whose charter declares their avowed intention to totally anihilate Israel and wipe it from the map!
And ahmadinejad wants to see the total destruction of Israel!

Ummu Sufyaan
06-14-2010, 02:18 PM
How could allah the so called god of the universe, the creator be so short sighted?
only someone with short sighted intelligence and intellect would come up with such a short sighted remark.
And secondly on the 'Iran/Iranian' issue, islam/muslims seem to have a schizophrenic approah!
look whose talking.

On the one hand, Iran is 'shi'ite' and not sunni! And is therefore regarded is inferior!

Yet, they are the supporters and enablers of hamas! hamas who are the avowed enemies of Israel/Israelis!
hamas whose charter declares their avowed intention to totally anihilate Israel and wipe it from the map!
And ahmadinejad wants to see the total destruction of Israel!
who said the actions of the shia has anything to do with Islam? who says they are fighting in the name of Islam?

you seem to be getting your wires crossed. not a very consistent thing to do.

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
Is it really? I've never heard of that you'd think there would be an outcry. I tend to like Iran even though they are shia because Ahmadenijad is the only leader to stand up to Israel and the west along with Turkey both non Arab people.
Salam
Sadly it is true it is illegal to teach Arabic in Iran at least in the Arabic Districts if not all of Iran. However, I have never met an Iranian who could read and write Arabic and never saw an Arabic Qur'an in any Iranian home. In the Masjids the prayers are said in Farsi. I posted two sources in my above posts.

Maryan0
06-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Sadly it is true it is illegal to teach Arabic in Iran at least in the Arabic Districts if not all of Iran. However, I have never met an Iranian who could read and write Arabic and never saw an Arabic Qur'an in any Iranian home. In the Masjids the prayers are said in Farsi. I posted two sources in my above posts.
It's one thing to have a translation of the quran it's another when the quran is written, recited and prayed with in a language different to the one it was revealed in. Very strange. Thanks for the links.
Salam

Supreme
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
You can understand why the Iranians are defending their culture so fiercely. They've already adopted the religion of the Arabs- why adopt more Arab culture by teaching the language? It's nationalistic, and extreme, but you can understand why a people would defend their language so fiercely when they've adopted a religion that has somewhat erased a part of their cultural heritage.

Argamemnon
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
How soon we have forgotten Iran's invasions and attempted invasions of Iraq. Iran seems to take pride in being an Aryan Nation and not Arabic.
I don't know if you are referring to the Iran-Iraq war, but this war was started by Saddam Hussein and backed by the U.S. and the west in order to punish Iran for overthrowing the puppet shah, who was a brutal tyrant installed by the U.S.

Candle
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
It is true though that most Iranians are very eager to show their 'Arianness'. We have a very large Iranian population here and they always tell me how Persian and non-Arab they are. Shame really, Arab culture is quite interesting.

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I don't know if you are referring to the Iran-Iraq war, but this war was started by Saddam Hussein and backed by the U.S. and the west in order to punish Iran for overthrowing the puppet shah, who was a brutal tyrant installed by the U.S.
It goes back much further all the way back to fall of the Persian empire. Conflicts between Arabs and Iranians go back to ancient history. It dates back at least to the time of the Persian king Shapour II, who reigned during the 7 Century CE

aadil77
06-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Really ? I thought they only had a problem with sunni's, but they also have a problem with a language SubhanAllah, I wonder how difficult it is to actually practice islam in iran.

I've been to a shia masjid they prayed in arabic, is it part of shia'ism to not pray in arabic or read the arabic Quran?

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Really ? I thought they only had a problem with sunni's, but they also have a problem with a language SubhanAllah, I wonder how difficult it is to actually practice islam in iran.

I've been to a shia masjid they prayed in arabic, is it part of shia'ism to not pray in arabic or read the arabic Quran?
It is more part of Iranian culture. All non Iranian Shia I know pray in Arabic. There is very strong prejudice against Arabs in Iran, they have some very unflattering nicknames for Arabs, which I will never repeat to anybody. Before I sound like I am anti-Iranian I will add I know many Iranians who are very warm friendly people without a drop of prejudice against anybody. But it does seem that a very large percentage of the Iran Government is anti-Arab

Argamemnon
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
If true, then I oppose such policies but let's not forget that many countries are equally oppressive. Until recently, it was illegal to speak Kurdish in Turkey.

Woodrow
06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
If true, then I oppose such policies but let's not forget that many countries are equally oppressive. Until recently, it was illegal to speak Kurdish in Turkey.
True, but it does not hinder our practice of Islam if we are not permitted to learn Kurdish. It poses some difficulty if we were prohibited from learning Arabic. I believe there would be quite an outcry if the USA prohibited the learning of Arabic.

omar ibrahim
06-14-2010, 06:34 PM
You can understand why the Iranians are defending their culture so fiercely. They've already adopted the religion of the Arabs- why adopt more Arab culture by teaching the language? It's nationalistic, and extreme, but you can understand why a people would defend their language so fiercely when they've adopted a religion that has somewhat erased a part of their cultural heritage.
well,I thought you have a good knowledge about islam but now i think you know nothing about islam except for few things,you dont know aqeeda creed etc.

Do you know that the word Quran means something has already been recited so when you recite the quran in persian language its no longer a Quran.For you as a christian

it means nothing for you since you dont have the original new testament which is in Aramic,one of the sematic language,but for us muslims it means a lot and it has

nothing to do with extremeism.

Supreme
06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar ibrahim
well,I thought you have a good knowledge about islam but now i think you know nothing about islam except for few things,you dont know aqeeda creed etc.

Do you know that the word Quran means something has already been recited so when you recite the quran in persian language its no longer a Quran.For you as a christian

it means nothing for you since you dont have the original new testament which is in Aramic,one of the sematic language,but for us muslims it means a lot and it has

You'd consider banning Arabic a moderate measure? I'd hate to see your idea of an extreme measure.

Argamemnon
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
It is more part of Iranian culture. All non Iranian Shia I know pray in Arabic. There is very strong prejudice against Arabs in Iran, they have some very unflattering nicknames for Arabs, which I will never repeat to anybody. Before I sound like I am anti-Iranian I will add I know many Iranians who are very warm friendly people without a drop of prejudice against anybody. But it does seem that a very large percentage of the Iran Government is anti-Arab
This is exactly what the West wants, Iranians and Arabs and Turks to hate each other for eternity. I would hope that Muslims have had enough of humiliation and suffering at the hands of kafir western enemies. Also, in my experience, a very large number of Iranians living abroad are traitors and anti-Islam.

Ramadhan
06-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Wow. This information is completely new to me.

How can they be muslims if they do such things.

My views of the iranians are completely changed now.

Ramadhan
06-15-2010, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar ibrahim

I wouldnt waste my time and energy on supreme.

He is completely ignorant about islam, and loves nothing than projecting Christianity's shortcomings and illogical creed towards Islam.

Woodrow
06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
This is exactly what the West wants, Iranians and Arabs and Turks to hate each other for eternity. I would hope that Muslims have had enough of humiliation and suffering at the hands of kafir western enemies. Also, in my experience, a very large number of Iranians living abroad are traitors and anti-Islam.
:sl:

The largest Iranian community in the world, outside of Tehran is in in California USA. Nearly all Iranians outside of Iran live in Canada and the USA . But I do not know of even one Iranian community outside of Iran that claims to be Muslim.

Here are a few very interesting links to look over and think about:

http://www.america.gov/st/texttrans-...0.1211817.html

http://jeffweintraub.blogspot.com/20...ashington.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/...9s02-coop.html

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/90154

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4da04bb.html

http://www.iranparadise.com/

questioner8
06-15-2010, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
only someone with short sighted intelligence and intellect would come up with such a short sighted remark.

look whose talking.

How about answering the point I made?

Firstly, on the 'Arabic' is the language of the koran and therefore allah!
How can it be that knowledge and understanding of 'Arabic' is necessary to understand allah and islam?
There must be millions/billions of ordinary muslims through the centuries who for many reasons could/would not be able to learn 'Arabic'!
----
Notwithstanding, that the revelations of allah(supposedly) to the peoples of the book(Jews & Christians) were written down in Hebrew and Greek!
Very confusing and inconsistent!
who said the actions of the shia has anything to do with Islam? who says they are fighting in the name of Islam?

you seem to be getting your wires crossed. not a very consistent thing to do.
Are you saying that you have no knowledge of Iran and Ahmadinejad's obsession with the return of the mahdi?
And the support and enabling of hamas who are islam's supposed holy warriors against the Jews and whose charter declares their avowed intention to wipe Israel off the map?

Iranian President Mahmoud's Ahmadinejad's mystical pre-occupation with the coming of a Shiite Islamic messiah figure – the Mahdi – is raising concerns that a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world.
While Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been making headlines lately by questioning whether the Holocaust actually happened, by suggesting Israel should be moved to Europe and by demanding the Jewish state be wiped off the face of the earth, his apocalyptic religious zealotry has received less attention. In a videotaped meeting with Ayatollah Javadi-Amoli in Tehran, Ahmadinejad discussed candidly a strange, paranormal experience he had while addressing the United Nations in New York last September.
He recounts how he found himself bathed in light throughout the speech. But this wasn't the light directed at the podium by the U.N. and television cameras. It was, he said, a light from heaven.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!