/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The World Cup

Life_Is_Short
06-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Football and trophy signs are everywhere. It is on every product including toothpastes, chocolate bars and cloths. It is all over the internet, the billboards and the TV. I don’t understand why this has been given so much attention. I know what you must be thinking I have no life (right about now) but seriously, there are more important things in life than football, for instance the war in Gaza. What does one (in terms of reward) get out of a football match? What change does football make to the world? It lasts a couple of days and after that it is finished and forgotten. We spend hours upon hours watching a match when we could be out there making a difference. A difference that does not last a week nor forgotten in a couple of day. Above all we could be gaining reward to make a real difference in our hereafter. As Muslims we’re not supposed to waste our time on games.

Time is precious because life is a gift. Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said:

“There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good.” (Bukhari 8/421).

Indeed, we displease Allah the Most High when we abuse time. We must remember that time must be spent to fulfill our very purpose in life that is to worship Allah all throughout our lives. Allah makes this very clear in the Qur’an when He says:

“I have only created Jinns and Men, that they may serve Me. No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me. For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance, Lord of Power, Steadfast (for ever). Qur’an (51:56-58).

May Allah (swt) give us hidayah (guidance) to utilise our time wisely.

To Him belongs all praise, :sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
:w:

I agree with you sis. There is no harm in watching a game or two, but when this is given preference over more important, serious issues and responsibilities, then it becomes a very sad state of affairs.

Jazak Allaah Khair for your reminder, and Aameen to your duaa.

Hamza Asadullah
06-26-2010, 02:39 PM
FITNAH OF WORLD CUP 2010 By Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb

Please feel free to download and pass on:

Latest articles

Part 1

http://yunuspatel.co.za/downloads/TH...2010-PART1.pdf

Part 2

http://yunuspatel.co.za/downloads/TH...CTOR-PART2.pdf

CosmicPathos
06-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree. When I see a Muslim waving a flag of a kaafir country (Germany in this case when this Muslim is eternity away from being a German) on his car, I kinda feel weird and disgusted. Maybe I am indeed weird.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!