/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meditation in islam

Ibrahim_K
06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
l am wondering if there are any form of islamic meditation that are suitable for someone who is about to revert or someone who recently reverted. I will most likely revert tomorrow and I am genuiny studying the Quran with the intention torequire spiritual elevation and knowledge.

My question is if there are any form of islamic meditation.

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Salaah in Islam is the Best form of Meditation... gets you Spiritually Strong, as the Spirit comes from Allah (Swt) inside of us, while the Bodies are from the Earthly material...

and so during Salaah, the words that you recite, make sure you know their meanings for if you don't then the effect of your Worship in Salaah will not be strong.... and would not be as it should... because when you know the meanings of each and every word you are reciting you Establish a Contact... because you KNOW what your saying and you SHOULD know what you recite because while reciting those beautiful words and while knowing what your saying, the Salaah becomes a Praise of Allah (swt) and an Invokation of yours from expressing what is in your heart... which makes your connection even more stronger Spiritually...

so Salaah is the Best way to establish contact with Higher Authority spiritually...

:)

haseeb4
08-05-2010, 09:06 PM
God has commanded us to perform 'Zikr' & 'Tasbeeh' as well as to perform the salaat.
Tasbeeh is the recitation of one of Allah's swt attributes repeated with a regular intervals
Zikr literally means remembrance and as Allah tells us in the Holy Quran "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah to the hearts of men find rest"
It is a combination of these 2 acts (a meditation if you will) that will give you the best contact with Allah Almighty

The best way to perform this is to sit comfortably after the salaat or before you go to sleep and clear your mind from any worldly distractions. Put your thumb on your wrist and feel your pulse. With one beat recite " YA" and with the second beat recite " RAHMAN ". Repeat this action keeping your focus entirely on ALLAH Almighty.

ALLAH tells us in the Holy Quran "If you remember Me, I will remember you" so the more concentration that you remember, the greater the blessings will be upon you inshaALLAH
ALLAH's name AL-RAHMAN means the Most Gracious, the One who loves more than 70 mothers, the Most Loving

Please let me kno if you would like to know y it is (according to Quranic reference) that we should take this name of ALLAH when we perform Zikr/Tasbeeh over the other 98 blessed names of ALLAH Almighty

May ALLAH bless you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!