/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yusuf Islam

Candle
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
The artist formerly known as Cat Stevens, you know, the guy who wrote Peace Train! Apparently he wrote this song for his daughter to learn her Arabic. I thought it was pretty koo. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
For a sec i thought the title was "Yustes Estes", anyways Thats Awesome, i didnt know that but kool to know
Thanks for posting

Masuma
06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah mashAllah it's good. I want to learn Arabic too but it's just so hard...:yawn:

Candle
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
For a sec i thought the title was "Yustes Estes", anyways Thats Awesome, i didnt know that but kool to know
Thanks for posting
Ah yeah, he's another famous revert right? Or at least famous amongst reverts lol.

Yeah mashAllah it's good. I want to learn Arabic too but it's just so hard...
Yeah totally, but Cat Stevens has had like 30 years to work at it. I'm studying Latin and it makes it much easier to study Arabic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
Ah yeah, he's another famous revert right? Or at least famous amongst reverts lol.
Yeah, his lectures are truly Awesome MashaAllaah
Hes a Shiekh and yeah i think hes famous amongst the reverts.
Some of his talks are funny but indeed they are beneficial!

Sawdah
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh, I know this nasheed. I used to listen to it a lot when I was a kid. :rollseyes

Thanks for sharing Candle.=)

marwen
06-14-2010, 08:32 PM
When it comes to promoting and introducing Islam to people, I admire Yusuf Islam because he understood that adressing young people is more efficient, and has better long term results.

Candle
06-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, his lectures are truly Awesome MashaAllaah
Hes a Shiekh and yeah i think hes famous amongst the reverts.
Some of his talks are funny but indeed they are beneficial!
haha yeah, I have to sit down and watch all his youtube videos one day.

Oh, I know this nasheed. I used to listen to it a lot when I was a kid.

Thanks for sharing Candle.=)
You're welcome!

When it comes to promoting and introducing Islam to people, I admire Yusuf Islam because he understood that adressing young people is more efficient, and has better long term results.
I know huh. I'm still surprised how this rockstar became such a gentle, wise muslim.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I think you should check the :"Thedeenshow.com" they have awesome info , you can also learn lots by watching vids of reverts and listening to their stories. .i enjoy it MashaAllaah really awesome.
I think you`ll enjoy the stuff on their Hopefully!

So yeah indeed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!