/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horse riding

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 08:32 PM
:sl: wa Rahmatullah

I'd like to learn to ride a horse insha'Allah. I already signed up for a course and insha'Allah it'll will begin next month. Any tips you want to share?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Yes.. It is difficult.. I have tried it and was really in awe of battles that took place on the back of horses and heavy armor..but so very enjoyable at the same time.. if I weren't so painfully aware of my mortality I'd have kept it up..

P.S where did you sign up sis, maybe I should take it up again..

:w:

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Yes.. It is difficult.. I have tried it and was really in awe of battles that took place on the back of horses and heavy armor..but so very enjoyable at the same time.. if I weren't so painfully aware of my mortality I'd have kept it up..

P.S where did you sign up sis, maybe I should take it up again..

You mean what the place? In the capital of Finland. It's a bit far from where I live (will take me almost an hour to get there), but it's alright. Better to learn when you're young.

جوري
06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
You mean what the place? In the capital of Finland. It's a bit far from where I live (will take me almost an hour to get there), but it's alright. Better to learn when you're young.
:sl:

yes shortly after I wrote that I realized you are in Finland.. thought it would be great if you found a nice place in the U.S.. we can buddy up and giddy-up :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM

yes shortly after I wrote that I realized you are in Finland.. thought it would be great if you found a nice place in the U.S.. we can buddy up and giddy-up :p

I would love to. =) Insha'Allah one day we'll buddy up and giddy-up :p

Sister your English is amazing masha'Allah!

kite runner
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I would love to learn it but where I live its very expensive.Words of advise: Enjoy it :P

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kite runner
I would love to learn it but where I live its very expensive.Words of advise: Enjoy it :P
Thank you, I will. I'm very grateful that I have this chance and will take the most of it bi 'ithnil laah. ^^

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Aw MashaAllaah, ive always wanted to ride a horse, havent had the opportunity to yet in life, but InshaAllaah later on in life inshaAllaah. . .

I wouldnt care about the pain lol, i would be soo happy seeeying and being able to ride the geeky thing MashaAllaah

Have fun :D

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
I wouldnt care about the pain lol,
Which pain? :hiding:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
if i got hurt, like if the horse stood on me:embarrass

Sorry

جوري
06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I would love to. =) Insha'Allah one day we'll buddy up and giddy-up :p

Sister your English is amazing masha'Allah!
Baraka Allah feeki, and so is yours kiddo.. do you speak Finnish.. is there such a language? :haha:

Somaiyah
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

I've been riding horses from age of 10 to 17. From 10 years old til 15 I rode in a riding school, then from 15 to 17 I was taking care of and riding other people's horses around the village where I lived. I quit riding when I got tired of always changing horses and I knew I wouldn't get one of my own anyway. I miss riding very much, and I hope to do it one day again inshaAllah.

Tips I have is to trust the horse as much as you can, and to be relaxed in the whole body. The horse will feel if you're nervous, scared or not relaxed. And don't be scared if you become thrown off either, I've fallen off more times than I can count and one time I was thrown off straight into a fence when going to jump over it like usual lol. But with a helmet and a safety vest you will be safe. So never give up, just get up on that horse again if you fall off and show that you are the one in charge!

And don't forget to say bismillah or a duaa before :)

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Horse riding is great and nice but make sure you warm up before you get on the horse, trust me you don't want to have a backpain! Horse riding is not easy but its fun.

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Baraka Allah feeki, and so is yours kiddo.. do you speak Finnish.. is there such a language? :haha:

Heh looooooool. :D Wa iyyaki ukhti. Yes I do al-hamdulillah.

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
if i got hurt, like if the horse stood on me:embarrass

Sorry
Don't make me have nightmares! j/k

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Somaiyah
Assalamo alaykom,

I've been riding horses from age of 10 to 17. From 10 years old til 15 I rode in a riding school, then from 15 to 17 I was taking care of and riding other people's horses around the village where I lived. I quit riding when I got tired of always changing horses and I knew I wouldn't get one of my own anyway. I miss riding very much, and I hope to do it one day again inshaAllah.

Tips I have is to trust the horse as much as you can, and to be relaxed in the whole body. The horse will feel if you're nervous, scared or not relaxed. And don't be scared if you become thrown off either, I've fallen off more times than I can count and one time I was thrown off straight into a fence when going to jump over it like usual lol. But with a helmet and a safety vest you will be safe. So never give up, just get up on that horse again if you fall off and show that you are the one in charge!

And don't forget to say bismillah or a duaa before :)
Wow thanks! We'll see how it goes. I have to admit that even though I like horses I might be scared. I'm even mean I'm even somewhat scared of cats and dogs... (even though I know they don't do anything)

Somaiyah
06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Wow thanks! We'll see how it goes. I have to admit that even though I like horses I might be scared. I'm even mean I'm even somewhat scared of cats and dogs... (even though I know they don't do anything)
We all get scared from animals from time to time because they are unpredictable. But you can fool the animal, and show it that you have everything under control. And the animal will have easier to trust you too. Because it's a mutual contact.

But horses aren't scary, and horses that are used for learning people to ride are to 99% very safe and calm. When I learnt to ride I was riding a horse which looked like a cow, black and white spotted and very fat and lazy. But he was good to learn riding on. Later on I got my own favourite, a fast huuuge horse which didn't know how to jump well but still we forced him to because he was a riding school horse lol. Poor thing. And he was unsafe and you never knew if he would throw you off. But it was my choice to have him, because I like challenges. But you can make sure you get a safe and calm horse, and that's it.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-18-2010, 03:16 PM
i think the best way to tackle your fears could be for you to get to "know" your horse. what i mean is before you get on it, pat it first, feed it, etc. that way it will get used to you and will feel comfortable around and hence most likely wont do anything unexpected.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't make me have nightmares! j/k
Sorry sis:embarrass, i didnt mean to :(

Woodrow
06-19-2010, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i think the best way to tackle your fears could be for you to get to "know" your horse. what i mean is before you get on it, pat it first, feed it, etc. that way it will get used to you and will feel comfortable around and hence most likely wont do anything unexpected.
That is very good advice. Another good tip is to let the horse pick you if there is a choice of horses. Also if you have a choice of horses an older gelding is an excellent choice for a beginner. Trust your instructor's judgement as to which horse the instructor feels is best for you. Be comfortable with the horse and the horse will be comfortable with you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!