/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indian preacher Zakir Naik is banned from UK

YusufNoor
06-18-2010, 12:07 PM
:sl:

did i miss something somewhere?

An Indian Muslim preacher has been banned from entering the UK for his "unacceptable behaviour," the home secretary says.

link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10349564.stm

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought he was going to UK for some seminar or something though?

Supreme
06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
He's hardly Osama bin Laden. I haven't really seen him make any offensive comments to other religions- from what I've seen, all he ever seems to do is make erroneous assumptions about other religions whilst professing to the crowd how great Islam is. Hardly a threat, very much free speech.

Muhammad
06-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

According to the daily mail, here are some of his apparent "inflammatory comments"/"unacceptable behaviour":

Home Office sources told The Daily Telegraph that website footage had shown the preacher making the claim that every Muslim should embrace terrorism.

Website footage is considered published material.

Dr Naik said Muslims should beware of people saying Osama bin Laden was right or wrong, adding: 'If you ask my view, if given the truth, if he is fighting the enmies of Islam, I am for him.

'If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, every Muslim should be a terrorist.'

He is also reported as saying that western women make themselves ' more susceptible to rape' by wearing revealing clothing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

It's nonsense - they are simply words taken out of context. If they actually listened to his material, they would understand what he means.

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
all he ever seems to do is make erroneous assumptions about other religions whilst professing to the crowd how great Islam is.
"Assumptions" about other religions by quoting directly from their books?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't believe this. :raging:

Zafran
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
salaam

so they ban him from comming to the UK................but you can still watch him at Peace TV in the UK???? whats that all about?

peace

Supreme
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Assalaamu Alaykum,

According to the daily mail, here are some of his apparent "inflammatory comments"/"unacceptable behaviour":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

It's nonsense - they are simply words taken out of context. If they actually listened to his material, they would understand what he means.

"Assumptions" about other religions by quoting directly from their books?
I agree that some of his comments are stupid, but they're not a security risk, and I can't really see non-Muslims being up in arms about his silly comments. Silly comments should be ridiculed, not banned.

And quoting from books means nothing when it isn't done in the proper context.

kite runner
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
"Dr Naik clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam using the Koran," the channel's website says.
They could at least spell Quran properly as the Peacetv site does,

Coming to the UK is a privilege, not a right
What about their so called "democracy" and "freedom of travel"??

Zafran
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kite runner
They could at least spell Quran properly as the Peacetv site does,

What about their so called "democracy" and "freedom of travel"??
salaam

There isnt any

peace

marwen
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Home Office sources told The Daily Telegraph that website footage had shown the preacher making the claim that every Muslim should embrace terrorism.

Dr Naik said Muslims should beware of people saying Osama bin Laden was right or wrong, adding: 'If you ask my view, if given the truth, if he is fighting the enmies of Islam, I am for him.

'If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, every Muslim should be a terrorist.'

He is also reported as saying that western women make themselves ' more susceptible to rape' by wearing revealing clothing.
What's wrong with that ?

stupid arguments for a pathetic western islamophobia (°°)

FS123
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Dear God, why can't everybody live peacefully :(

kite runner
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
zafran, yeah i know lol but thats what they preach they have, hence the "

Asiyah3
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
EDL and other hateful anti-Islamists must be over the moon.

kite runner
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
yeah unfortunately :(

Abdul-Raouf
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
The shaitan and his allies always get feared when a true beleiver is nearing them.....and try everything to stop that believer from nearing them.

Dagless
06-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Luckily it can only add to his popularity. When people hear he is banned they'll probably look him up to see what the fuss was about.
This country is getting quite extreme in its law.

aadil77
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I thought he was going to UK for some seminar or something though?
yep thats why I can no longer go to it :(

aamirsaab
06-18-2010, 03:19 PM
So they ban Zakir Naik but allow Geet Wilders?

insert facepalm gif here.

Masuma
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm hell furious!!!!!

They dare ban Dr. Zakir?!!!!

These filthy mor ons!!!! They don't deserve anything good actually!!!

Good that now we see their hypocrisy and how much they support freedom of speech!

Dr. Zakir was going to have a peace conference in UK! But the channel is still saying that the conference would start on 27th june! I'm confused and....and FURIOUS!!!

Masuma
06-18-2010, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Luckily it can only add to his popularity. When people hear he is banned they'll probably look him up to see what the fuss was about.
This country is getting quite extreme in its law.
Totally agree! That is how Allah's plan works! You know after 911, instead of a decrease in Islam's support, people actually embraced it in thousands!!!

People became more curious of what Islam is! They studied it and realized the truth! Allahu Akbar!

And these filthy maggots are totally aware of how great a debater Dr. Zakir Naik is. That is why they've banned him. They have given these flimsy excuses...even a person like me can refute all of it!

They know that more the people hear Dr. Zakir, more they will get right understanding of Islam!

Yes, let them plot and plan, and my Allah plans too. And Allah is the best of the planner!!!

InshAllah one day, we'll laugh at their faces!!!

Masuma
06-18-2010, 03:30 PM
The home secretary can stop people entering the UK if she believes there is a threat to national security, public order or the safety of citizens.
This ***** is just jealous and afraid of people getting the right understanding of Islam. She is a hypocrite!

At least Allah is showing us people's true faces! Dr. Zakir is not only loved by Muslims, but many non-Muslims too. These people are now just so busted. Now the whole world can see their hypocrisy.

HAHAAAHA!

There is a good terrorism too. Whenever a robber looks at a police man, he gets afraid, he gets terrified! So for the robber, the police man is a TERRORIST!

Same way, if any rapist, any thief, any robber, looks at a true Muslim, he SHOULD feel terrified! In this good sense,
EVERY MUSLIM SHOULD BE A TERRORIST!!!

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) has said that if you see an evil, stop it with your hand. If you are not able to do this, then stop it with your mouth. And if you are not able to even do this, then at least curse it in your heart and this is the lowest degree of faith!

It is an obligation on every Muslim, to stop the evil using force.
But we also know that nowadays, this word "terrorist" is used for those people who terrorize innocent people. So in this context, no Muslim Should ever be a terrorist!

This is what Dr. Zakir Naik says in his lectures.

I have never heard Dr. Zakir saying this statement. Never ever!
Dr. zakir says:
If we trust the media in Osama's regard then we'll have to believe that Osama is a terrorist. This is because media always portrays him as such.
So if we have to go with BBC and CNN, then we have to believe that Osama is a terrorist.
But as Dr. Zakir says that we muslims should always beware of the source and authenticity of the news which we are receiving. Allah has commanded us in Quran that "check up the news before we pass it on to others!" So Dr. Zakir says that I DON"T KNOW what Osama really is!!!

So what is wrong with the statement. Though I don't know whether Dr. zakir really said it but I say that

"Western women make themselves ' more susceptible to rape' by wearing revealing clothing."

It is what my logic says!

Suppose that there are two twin sisters walking down the street. Both are equally beautiful. One is wearing a mini skirt and the other is wearing a proper Islamic hijab i.e. her whole body is covered and only face, hands and feet can be seen.

Now there is a hooligan waiting around the corner, to tease a girl; waiting for a catch.

Now which sister will he tease?
A. One wearing the full Islamic clothe or
B. the one wearing a mini skirt?

This is the hypocrisy of Western world! Calling themselves as one who respect people's freedom of speech! Down these people with their LIES!!!

Masuma
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree that some of his comments are stupid,
And by saying this brother Supreme, it is now actually YOUR comment that is stupid!

but they're not a security risk, and I can't really see non-Muslims being up in arms about his silly comments. Silly comments should be ridiculed, not banned.
And would you please like to give examples of some of his "silly" comments?

And quoting from books means nothing when it isn't done in the proper context.
Which quote he gave, which was not in the proper context???

He's hardly Osama bin Laden. I haven't really seen him make any offensive comments to other religions- from what I've seen, all he ever seems to do is make erroneous assumptions about other religions whilst professing to the crowd how great Islam is. Hardly a threat, very much free speech.
You know something- you can keep your comments with you!!! because the person your talking about has read both YOUR bible, Hindu scriptures, Sikh's scriptures etc. So saying that he makes "erroneous assumptions" is totally silly and wrong of you!

He is a student of comparative religions, and had hundreds of times dialogues with your priests! Why didn't any of your scholars ever said it on his face? Because this is just an allegation your laying against him.

I see no truth in what you say!

Supreme
06-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Wait... what? I'm on your side here! I agree that his ban is totally stupid and wrong.

I'l address your post later, if I have time.

Masuma
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
^ Yeah I know you also disprove of this ban. But you have also called Dr. Zakir naik giving silly comments and making "erroneous assumptions"!

This I find silly and stupid!!!

And yeah I'll be waiting for your reply no doubt!

cat eyes
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
we should all make dua inshallah that he get entry again. dua is our weapon dear sis. im also really angry too :(

CosmicPathos
06-18-2010, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Totally agree! That is how Allah's plan works! You know after 911, instead of a decrease in Islam's support, people actually embraced it in thousands!!!

People became more curious of what Islam is! They studied it and realized the truth! Allahu Akbar!

And these filthy maggots are totally aware of how great a debater Dr. Zakir Naik is. That is why they've banned him. They have given these flimsy excuses...even a person like me can refute all of it!

They know that more the people hear Dr. Zakir, more they will get right understanding of Islam!

Yes, let them plot and plan, and my Allah plans too. And Allah is the best of the planner!!!

InshAllah one day, we'll laugh at their faces!!!
Do you know that your country happily embraces British culture due to their slavery to them? Right hand driving? constitution? Political system? British schools? You should not be against the British.

Trumble
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
What Supreme said. While his arguments are nowhere near as convincing as those who already accept them seem to think, Naik is a serious scholar and, as far as I'm aware, a man of peace not violence.

Ramadhan
06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Interestingly, although not surprisingly, all the atheists, agnostics and other non-muslims are DEAFENINGLY silent about this news, when they were so viciously defended the right of morons whoblasphemed the prophet SAW and consciously incited hatred.

This news is the latest evident of Islamophobia among the western government and western media.

Life_Is_Short
06-18-2010, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Do you know that your country happily embraces British culture due to their slavery to them? Right hand driving? constitution? Political system? British schools? You should not be against the British.
If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

They can ban all they want. This is not going to stop anything. The truth is great, and will always prevail.

Argamemnon
06-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree with Zakir Naik that Muslims must 'terrorize' (attack) the terrorists. I would be extremely happy if Muslims attacked western government and military targets in the UK, the U.S, Israel and other terrorist rogue states that have attacked and invaded Muslim lands and killed millions of Muslims! Needless to say that I oppose killing of civilians.

Masuma
06-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Hurry up! those who are interested, check this website right now!!!

http://www.apc2010.org/

It is refuting all the ugly British claims and false accusations! HURRY UP!!!

Tobah! These HYPOCRITES are just so busted!

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Interestingly, although not surprisingly, all the atheists, agnostics and other non-muslims are DEAFENINGLY silent about this news, when they were so viciously defended the right of morons whoblasphemed the prophet SAW and consciously incited hatred.

This news is the latest evident of Islamophobia among the western government and western media.
Totally agree with you dear brother!

Lets hope that may the British govt overturn the exclusion order. "Dr. Zakir intends to bring the matter to UK's High Court". May Allah accept our duas! imsad

So to keep yourself updated, keep going to these two websites.

http://www.apc2010.org/

And

http://events.idci.co.uk/index.php

Masuma
06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Al-Khair Peace Convention 2010

Both events has been postponeded until exclusion order has been squashed

May Peace Be On You ("As-Salaamu Alaikum").

Press Release by Islamic Research Foundation (IRF)

This is in reference to the exclusion order for Dr. Zakir Naik passed by the Secretary of Home Department, UK.

Dr. Zakir Naik - President of IRF, is a world renowned orator on Islam & Comparative religion has got millions of followers all over the world including India. He was scheduled to give talks during his forthcoming tour to U.K at 3 different major venues including Sheifield Arena on 25th June, Wimbley Arena on 26th June and at LG Arena (NEC), Birmingham on 27th June 2010. All the 3 venues were completely booked weeks in advance.

Thousands of his fans in U.K. and millions of his well wishers all over the world were dejected with the move of Home Department UK, which issued exclusion orders on 17th June 2010, on the basis of misquotations taken from his lectures out of context.

Hence IRF felt it is necessary to issue Press Release and give replies to their false allegations and clear his viewpoints.

This website has Press Release by Dr. Zakir's Islamic Research Foundation! Read it right now! Please! Scroll down to the bottom of the page of the website and there you'll find written "Press Release" on the left hand-side!
Allahu Akbar!

Masuma
06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
By Dr. Zakir's Islamic Research Foundation!

Refuting all their accusations!

Muezzin
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Who needs a travel visa when you have a YouTube account?

Masuma
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Plus you people know, there was something so ironic in this whole event.

Dr.Zakir was going to give a lecture on "Freedom of Expression" and yet he himself was denied one in UK. Ironic!

I find it funny and sad too. imsad ...mixed feelings...sometimes get really confused!

Raaina
06-18-2010, 08:58 PM
WOW, I can't believe this.. I am truely shocked an annoyed. This government has no idea. :(

Rhubarb Tart
06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

insert facepalm gif here.

Geet Wilders is an MP from a country part of the EU . So they cant hardly ban him even if they wanted to because the EU human right court would not allow it. The EU human right court wouldnt apply to Zakir because he is from a counrty outside the EU.

Predator
06-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks like the deceptive work done by Zionist controlled media , he has been quoted out of context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4XoBJhrp_I

What a Bunch of losers.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-18-2010, 11:17 PM
But but but
i saw that he will be coming to Birmingham, n thats in the Uk :-\

Or im i just saying something totally diff :-\

Supreme
06-18-2010, 11:43 PM
And would you please like to give examples of some of his "silly" comments?
Amongst other oddities regarding other religions and science, I think by far the strongest contender for silliest comment is in thes video, where Naik compares the prohibition of the building of places of worship to, of all things, a maths question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyS8sIUjmQ

I think the reason he conjured up such an inane analogy was that he was put on the spot so to speak, but it doesn't make it any less silly

Which quote he gave, which was not in the proper context???
I think he's taken quite a few of context. From memory, he takes quotes of Jesus out of context quite a lot, such as when he says Jesus promoted violence.
ou know something- you can keep your comments with you!!! because the person your talking about has read both YOUR bible, Hindu scriptures, Sikh's scriptures etc. So saying that he makes "erroneous assumptions" is totally silly and wrong of you!
Well... no. If he's making mistakes, it's actually rather silly of him, not me.

He is a student of comparative religions, and had hundreds of times dialogues with your priests! Why didn't any of your scholars ever said it on his face? Because this is just an allegation your laying against him.
I know who he is and what he's done, thank you.
What Supreme said. While his arguments are nowhere near as convincing as those who already accept them seem to think, Naik is a serious scholar and, as far as I'm aware, a man of peace not violence.
Indeed. I really can't see him retreating to a cave, wearing a 50 year old AK 47 round his shoulder and calling for the West to be utterly obliterated any time soon.

aadil77
06-18-2010, 11:50 PM
I think he's taken quite a few of context. From memory, he takes quotes of Jesus out of context quite a lot, such as when he says Jesus promoted violence.
and does jesus in the bible not promote violence?

espada
06-19-2010, 12:15 AM
I wonder if they realize that this might actually inspire people, who would never have thought about him, to look him up and watch his lectures.

الحمد لله

I don't think they though of that.

Rhubarb Tart
06-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Naik is a scholar? really? Last time I checked he wasnt a scholar?

Zafran
06-19-2010, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Naik is a scholar? really? Last time I checked he wasnt a scholar?
Yes your right he isnt a scholar

CosmicPathos
06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

They can ban all they want. This is not going to stop anything. The truth is great, and will always prevail.
who are you to judge what is constructive and what is not? Do you believe whatever you say is constructive and what others say is not? Last time I checked, Islam did not preach one to be arrogant.

Nirvana
06-19-2010, 03:52 AM
This is a terrible injustice. I have tickets to see his talk in Birmingham and now I won't be able to. Except I can easily do it on Peace TV! So the government actions cannot stop us getting his message. I see on Facebook there are lots of groups set up "Overturn the ban on Zakir Naik". But I think this is stupid because:

a) since when did a Facebook group influence government policy? Even if 1 million people join that group it won't change anything.

b) the government will not change it's mind anyway, otherwise the papers will accuse them of a U-turn and of "cowardice" and letting in "hate preachers"

Even so, we should register our disgust about this. Not because it will change anything for the current situation. But because the government will think twice before doing it again if they get some serious negative response from the Muslims. The only way to do this it to write a letter, send an email, phone them up. Be polite but firm in your expression of disgust. Here is a good template letter you can use along with the postal address, email address and phone number:

http://www.muslimpolitics.com/sectio...ritish-muslims

The best thing about this will be that many non-Muslim will be attracted to Peace TV because of the controversy. Hopefully many will embrace Islam once they see the truth instead of the lies the media says about us.

Trumble
06-19-2010, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
No. 'They' (although it was the previous Home Secretary, not the current one) DID ban Geet Wilders. The ban was overturned on appeal, and that decision criticized by the Labour government. The same appeal process is open to Zakir Naik now, although obviously this won't happen in time for the planned lectures.

aamirsaab
06-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

Supreme
06-19-2010, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
and does jesus in the bible not promote violence?
Nope. 12char

Life_Is_Short
06-19-2010, 12:02 PM
who are you to judge what is constructive and what is not? Do you believe whatever you say is constructive and what others say is not? Last time I checked, Islam did not preach one to be arrogant.
Bearing in mind the thread title "Indian preacher Zakir Naik is banned from UK" in what way is this post constructive?

Predator
06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
He has challenged the ban Sooner or later he will return to UK to deliver talks , the islamophobic fools have no chance .Islam will prevail and Allah (s.w.t) will perish all other "religions".

http://sify.com/news/indian-islamic-...trOugghgj.html

aadil77
06-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Nope. 12char
I can't be bothered to start an argument or derail this thread but I'll redirect you here: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ses-bible.html

Masuma
06-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Amongst other oddities regarding other religions and science, I think by far the strongest contender for silliest comment is in thes video, where Naik compares the prohibition of the building of places of worship to, of all things, a maths question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyS8sIUjmQ

I think the reason he conjured up such an inane analogy was that he was put on the spot so to speak, but it doesn't make it any less silly
Ooooooookay! Now I got it! HAHA! …and I thought you were going to come up with a real challenge but I’m disappointed…still saves my time here and I’m quite happy too. :D

Now about the analogy, I think it is 100% wooho! Superb! A brilliant one! You think it silly but I don’t! This analogy fits the whole example and gives us a better understanding.

I totally agree with Dr. Zakir, that if a person already knows something to be 100% correct, then he can’t allow other people in to spread wrong knowledge or to mislead people. Totally logical and calling it “silly” actually makes YOU look like one.

No. You must realize that Dr. Zakir respects Jesus (pbuh) as much as he respects Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). What he says is that people accuse Muslims only of fighting and war but they only have half the knowledge. There are more verses of fighting in Hindu Scriptures (in Maha Bharat, the whole book is full of war) than there are in Quran. Even in BIBLE, there are verses of fighting. Jesus in one verse says to his disciples to pick up the sword and fight. So it is wrong of people to pass out biased comments.

This is what he says! Not that “Jesus promoted violence!” And do you even realize that this time it is YOU who has quoted Dr. Zaklir out of context???

What’s wrong with you? Now you too are going to use the same flop and deceitful method of quoting people out of context?!

What a shame! imsad

Supreme
06-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Now about the analogy, I think it is 100% wooho! Superb! A brilliant one! You think it silly but I don’t! This analogy fits the whole example and gives us a better understanding.
I kinda guessed you would. Zakir Naik's arguments and analogies are far more convincing to Muslims and his fans than to non-Muslims. To me, his arguments aren't all that convincing, but I creased when he gave that analogy. I mean, a maths question!!!! It sounded ridiculous when I first heard it, and still does.

No. You must realize that Dr. Zakir respects Jesus (pbuh) as much as he respects Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). What he says is that people accuse Muslims only of fighting and war but they only have half the knowledge. There are more verses of fighting in Hindu Scriptures (in Maha Bharat, the whole book is full of war) than there are in Quran. Even in BIBLE, there are verses of fighting. Jesus in one verse says to his disciples to pick up the sword and fight. So it is wrong of people to pass out biased comments.
I understand that he respects Prophet Isa. But Prophet Isa and Jesus Christ are two, very different beings. Jesus never told His followers to go and fight. Never.

Zafran
06-19-2010, 03:19 PM
I understand that he respects Prophet Isa. But Prophet Isa and Jesus Christ are two, very different beings. Jesus never told His followers to go and fight. Never.
Wait you do believe Jesus is God right? because if thats the case then according to you hes the same God of the OT - where theres enough commands of violence in context.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Jesus (pbuh)did preach Jihaad like Islaam does and No its not unjust killing
But according to the bible it is unjust as far my knowledge goes of the bible:

“When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you. Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes” (Deuteronomy 20:10-17]

Is that not from your bible? and there`s plenty more i can post.

Masuma
06-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I kinda guessed you would. Zakir Naik's arguments and analogies are far more convincing to Muslims and his fans than to non-Muslims.
And your totally wrong! Because I myself have heard many non-Muslims saying to Dr. Zakir in "question and answer session" that they feel very obliged in talking to him face to face; and one Hindu brother even said that he LOVES dr. Zakir because he is a man of truth!

To me, his arguments aren't all that convincing,
And nobody cares! :) Believe me!

This point my brothers and sisters have already answered. Plus don't try to turn the discussion to something totally new now.

Muhammad
06-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's try to stick to the topic of this thread Insha'Allaah. Whether certain individuals find Dr. Zakir's arguments convincing or not is irrelevant.

kite runner
06-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Isn't his son also speaking at the conference? Is he still going inshallah

Al Qabayli
06-19-2010, 08:54 PM
as-salamu `alaykum !

It's unbelievable !!
They are afraid of the truth. Dr Zakir is a man who knows a lot of things about religions and many people became muslims because of him !
It's the reason of his ban !

Yuriduna an yutfi'u nuraLlahi waLlahu mutimmu nurihi wa law kariha l-kafirun !!!!!!

kite runner
06-19-2010, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qabayli
as-salamu `alaykum !

It's unbelievable !!
They are afraid of the truth. Dr Zakir is a man who knows a lot of things about religions and many people became muslims because of him !
It's the reason of his ban !

Yuriduna an yutfi'u nuraLlahi waLlahu mutimmu nurihi wa law kariha l-kafirun !!!!!!
i agree insha'allah the ban will be lifted

aadil77
06-20-2010, 11:19 AM
so jesus was a pacifist?

jesus of the bible tells people to murder others not just fight:

Ezekiel 9:5-7 "Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.

Predator
06-20-2010, 11:39 AM

I think it will be difficult with the zionist controlled media

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
I think it will be difficult with the zionist controlled media
But what if the British court does overturn the exclusion order? You know Dr. Zakir has delivered many lectures in UK so they know him and also know what type of man he is. He is just no threat at all! So I think, if the British courts really work on principles of justice, then they would have no choice but to allow him in.

But Allah knows best. And we can only pray. imsad

Banu_Hashim
06-20-2010, 11:58 AM
This is ridiculous, the home office has taken something out of context and on that pretext banned an internationally renowned speaker on Islam, a scholar of Comparitive religion and a medical doctor by profession. Yet again, another display of a ignorance. The government like to define the word "terrorist" how they like to define it, and want to apply it to who whoever they want to apply it to! The conservatives are not good for Muslims! To be honest, Labour, despite their, many flaws were better for Muslims in the UK.

Predator
06-20-2010, 12:03 PM
But what if the British court does overturn the exclusion order? You know Dr. Zakir has delivered many lectures in UK so they know him and also know what type of man he is. He is just no threat at all! So I think, if the British courts really work on principles of justice, then they would have no choice but to allow him in.

But Allah knows best. And we can only pray. imsad

The Zionist controlled government will not change it's mind anyway, otherwise the British media will accuse them of a U-turn and of "cowardice" and letting in "hate preachers" and it will make the look like fools

Truth_seeker_
06-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu,

Below is the link for all to write in protest regarding the Exclusion order.

peaceforall.org.uk

marwen
06-20-2010, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Truth_seeker_
Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu,

Below is the link for all to write in protest regarding the Exclusion order.

peaceforall.org.uk
Jazaki Allahu khayran sister. May Allah protect our sheikh Zakir and honor him.

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Jazaki Allahu khayran sister. May Allah protect our sheikh Zakir and honor him.
Ameen! Thum ameen! :statisfie

And thanks sister Truth_Seeker, for the link!

You people call Dr. Zakir as Shiekh? That is funny! :D

Al Qabayli
06-20-2010, 11:28 PM
if the British courts really work on principles of justice
The problem is here...

CosmicPathos
06-20-2010, 11:28 PM
^^ you really love Dr Zakir Naik han? I have my disagreements with him but nevertheless he is pretty good on Quran memorization.

Masuma
06-21-2010, 12:18 AM
^^ you really love Dr Zakir Naik han?
Totally! Love him more than my father! may Allah bless Dr. Zakir!

I have my disagreements with him but nevertheless he is pretty good on Quran memorization.
Not interested...as already had a tiresome discussion with brother Supreme.

Allahafiz!

piXie
06-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes insha' Allaah. But the ban will not be lifted unless we lift our behinds of the couch and do something.

About 25 people have replied to this thread, voicing their concerns about the unjustified Ban of Dr Zakir Naik. Which is very good. But these concerns will not help Dr Zakir Naik and good community relations unless we put them into a letter and send them to the appropriate people. We can start by writing a letter to the Home secretary urging her to lift the ban immediately.

Here is a sample letter which was forwarded to me via email. I urge everyone to please personalize this letter and send it to:

The Home Secretary

Right Honourable Theresa May MP

2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Tel: 020 7219 5206

Tel: 020 7035 4848

Fax: 020 7219 1145

mayt@parliament.uk

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please FWD to others. Jazak Allaah Khayr

Dear Home Secretary

Re: Dr Zakir Naik - Exclusion Order Ref: BOM/1238857

I am writing to inform you that I believe your decision to exclude Dr Zakir Naik, the eminent Islamic Scholar from India, from entering the United Kingdom to conduct a series of lectures as part of a Peace Conference, is extremely disappointing.

I am concerned that you have totally ignored the fact that the whole aim of Dr Zakir Naik’s UK tour is about anti terrorism, unity and brotherhood. His public appearance will be focused on the following very important topics:

1. Sheffield – Understanding Islam and Peace - Revealing A Critical Insight on Islam and Peace

2. Wembley – Universal Brotherhood - Presenting the Emphasis of Islam on Amity and Unity

3. Birmingham NEC – Freedom of Expression: An Islamic Perspective - Urging the Protection of Fundamental and Human Rights

Your decision goes against the values we hold dearly in our country of freedom and social justice and does nothing to promote integration and harmony between the diverse peoples of this land.

The evidence used by the Home Secretary and the Entry Clearance Officer (YouTube 2006) has been clearly taken out of context. Dr Zakir Naik is clearly saying he is against terrorism, but as a society we need to work against anti social behaviour, robbery etc. These are conservative values. In any other context no single innocent person should be terrorised.

On the contrary this decision is likely to alienate the very people we seek to promote our values to.

Furthermore over 35,000 plus people have been booked to attend these events, and millions of Muslims in the UK and worldwide expect to view these events on digital media. That is the entire UK Muslim population you have alienated with your decision to refuse entry.

You will be aware of the fact that Dr Zakir Naik runs digital channel Peace TV from India which has a viewership of 200 million Muslims and non-Muslims worldwide who will be horrified by your illogical decision based on miniscule and vastly manipulated understanding of his comments from a YouTube video.

Home Secretary, I would urge you to re-consider your decision in the name of freedom and social justice and withdraw this exclusion order immediately.

Thank you in anticipation of re-considering your decision.

Yours sincerely,

Your Name

kite runner
06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Good letter, well worded mashallah. Insha'allah it will help :)

piXie
06-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Please use it to compose your letter and send it also. It does not have to be a long letter, even a few sentences will do, urging for the ban to be lifted and why...

Jazak Allaah Khayr

Masuma
06-22-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.zakirnaikexclusion.com/

Hamayun
06-22-2010, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

so they ban him from comming to the UK................but you can still watch him at Peace TV in the UK???? whats that all about?

peace

Won't be long before Peace TV gets banned too.

Dagless
06-23-2010, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Won't be long before Peace TV gets banned too.
Luckily it can't be banned easily since its on a few different satellites, one of which is owned by Saudi. Then again I wouldn't put it past Saudi.

Rabi Mansur
06-23-2010, 02:23 AM
I was looking through the quotes they used against him and realized just how out of context they were taken. Most of them were easy to explain. Then I came across the following quote which troubled me quite a bit. I really couldn't rationalize this one.

“Beware of Muslims saying Osama Bin Laden is right or wrong, I reject them… we
don’t know. But if you ask my view, if given the truth, if he is fighting the enemies
of Islam, I am for him. I don’t know what he’s doing. I’m not in touch with him. I
don’t know him personally. I read the newspaper. If he is terrorizing the terrorist, if
he is terrorizing America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, he’s following Islam”
But then upon a little more investigation I found that this was from a speech he gave in 1996, this was like 5 years BEFORE 9/11. At that point in time, I'm not sure if people really understood what Bin Laden was all about. I highly doubt after 9/11 he ever said anything that could be construed to be accepting of Bin Laden. After all, Bin Laden is clearly guilty of the murder of hundreds of innocent people including many Muslims.
I doubt that Zakir Naik would agree in the least with his own statement made back in 1996.

But then I found this little gem:
In a lecture delivered on 31 July 2008 on Peace TV, Naik argued that 9/11 "it is a blatant, open secret that this attack on the Twin Towers was done by George Bush himself", to give Bush reason to attack and control oil-rich countries.[28
Come on! REALLY? Isn't he smarter than that???
Does he really believe that? I find this hard to believe. REALLY???

aadil77
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur

All we can say is Allah knows best, there were a hell of a lot of questionable events surrounding 9/11

Masuma
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
In a lecture delivered on 31 July 2008 on Peace TV, Naik argued that 9/11 "it is a blatant, open secret that this attack on the Twin Towers was done by George Bush himself", to give Bush reason to attack and control oil-rich countries.[28

Brother, from where did you take that quote? ITS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT! AGAIN!!!

Dr. Zakir says that if we have to believe the media like CNN and BBC, then we have to accept that 9/11 was done by Osama Bin Ladin.

But as a muslim, we Muslims should check everything up before passing it on to others. We Muslims should investigate the matter properly before blaming anyone!

Dr. Zakir says that if we search a little, we'll find many documentaries made by NON-MUSLIMS in which THEY blame George Bush of this crime.

There was a group of AMERICAN SCIENTISTS, who were NON-MUSLIMS who claimed that 9/11 can't be done by Muslims. THEY said that THEY can offer us logical proofs of how exactly the twin tower was brought down.

[Wait, let me find his lecture.]
brb

Masuma
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM

So WHO says 9/11 was an inside job? Dr. Zakir or the scientists?

Rabi Mansur
06-23-2010, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE]rother, from where did you take that quote? ITS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT! AGAIN!!!
/QUOTE]

I think it was from Wikipedia. I'm just throwing it out there if someone can shed additional light on it.
Regardless of whether it is out of context or not, they still shouldn't be banning him. Whatever happened to free speech?

Masuma
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I think it was from Wikipedia. I'm just throwing it out there if someone can shed additional light on it.
Hmmm okay! I'll try to explain because I try to hear as many of Dr. Zakir's lectures as possible.

Regardless of whether it is out of context or not, they still shouldn't be banning him. Whatever happened to free speech?

Yeah totally! They are afraid that Islam is spreading at such a fast speed. So they plot and plan.

Masuma
06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Brother Rabimansur,

there was this same allegation against Dr. Zakir to which he responded in one of his tv shows. I'm trying to find it on Youtube but I think it's not there.

What Dr. Zakir says is that he HIMSELF don't criticize George Bush of the Twin Tower attack! These are the non-Muslims and American scientists who blame George Bush for it.

Dr. Zakir himself don't know who is responsible! But the evidences given by these scientists and other documentaries are far superior than what CNN and BBC shows!

If a logical person wants to judge something, he would look to the both sides of the picture and then derive his conclusion. That is what Dr.Zakir does. And he says that I find the scientists speaking in a more logical way than what CNN and BBC shows!

Masuma
06-23-2010, 06:54 PM
[this is a part taken from Dr. Zakir's lecture above]

There was an article that came in the newspaper that "75 professors of US", they say THEY believe that 9/11 was an inside job. And in the article it was mentioned, it came in Times of India, probably on 7th of September, it says that 75 Professors and scientists, belonging to different parts of US, THEY believe that 9/11 was an inside job. And THEY say that there were some politicians in white house who have engineered the destruction of the twin Towers. And THEY say the main reason was so that they could attack and they could have control over the oil rich countries. Its an open secret. One of the professors by the name of Keith Jone, he says that "WE don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few men in the cave of Afghanistan could have done such a professional job alone! WE don't believe and by God we gonna come to the truth and we gonna expose. WE don't believe in the theory of the government! "
And brother you can yourself watch many documentaries of the NON-MUSLIMS where they present us a different picture of the whole 9/11 scene.

Here in this thread are the links...
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...h-exposed.html

piXie
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Any latest news abt the ban?

Pygoscelis
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I think this thread should be read in conjunction with the Florida Church Quran Burning thread. Both are instances of speech that offends people and in my opinion both should be allowed. Free speech is really the best way. Let these views compete in the marketplace of ideas and more often than not they will collapse on themselves. Unless he was actually making strides towards violence or pushing others to it, this guy should not have been banned from the UK.

Rabi Mansur
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I think this thread should be read in conjunction with the Florida Church Quran Burning thread. Both are instances of speech that offends people and in my opinion both should be allowed. Free speech is really the best way. Let these views compete in the marketplace of ideas and more often than not they will collapse on themselves. Unless he was actually making strides towards violence or pushing others to it, this guy should not have been banned from the UK.
Totally agree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!