/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Homosexual Muslims. How can we tolerate them?

Nirvana
06-19-2010, 02:59 AM
:sl:

I came across this article by Profesor Tariq Ramadan who teaches at Oxford University. I have heard him speak at events in the past but not very impressed with what he had to say. I see he wrote a new article about the interaction between Muslims and homosexuals in Europe.

He is very clear that homosexuals are sinners and that Muslims can never accept their lifestyle as decent or acceptable. So he does not ask us to do like Christians have done and just say "yeah it's OK, it is not a sin anymore". But he does say this:

We must avoid condemning or rejecting individuals. It is quite possible to disagree with a person’s behavior (public or private), while respecting that person as an individual. This I have continued to affirm, and gone further still: a person who pronounces the attestation of Islamic faith becomes a Muslim; if that person engages in homosexual practices, no one has the right to drive him or her out of Islam.
FULL ARTICLE

Can we really think that someone who is practising homosexual liffestyle is still a Muslim? He says we can't drive them out of Islam. But I thought that they have driven themselves out of Islam themselves. I know of someone from a Muslim family who is a homo, and our families know each other for years. He is not ashamed of it and he tells everyone about it. His family rejected him and he does not see them anymore, even though his mother still speaks to him by phone.

This homo, whenever he bumps into me in town, he gives me salam. But I don't give him salam in return. I don't reject him or ignore or treat him rudely or anything. But I just can't bring myself to give salam to someone like that. Am I wrong to never return his salam???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
06-19-2010, 03:07 AM
if they are not caught bedding other men, I do not think we can call a homo outside the fold of Islam. Maybe they just have homosexual desires but they dont engage in it then there is no sin upon it. We will be questioned as to what we did, not what we felt.

Nirvana
06-19-2010, 03:50 AM
I agree, they cannot be punished unless they are caught and given a fair trial where they can defend themselves. But in this day and age, and in the Europe, most homos are unashamed and will tell everyone they are having homosexual relations. They feel no shame because TV, magazines, their friends everyone says it is normal and acceptable to live that way. They even have "marriages" for homos and the goverment recognise them as married people!!! Personally I will not call them Kaffir because it is not my place to judge. But I do not want to shake hands or say Salam to them. It feels wrong to treat them like a Muslim brother when they tell you they are engaged in such disgusting filth that the punishment for it is the maximum punishment possible.

Zafran
06-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Homosexuals who are muslims are still muslims - unless you follow the Khwarij view that sinning takes you out the fold of Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
06-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Quran:4(AnNisaa)-15-16:
As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them or (until) Allah appoint for them a way . (15) And as for the two men of you who are guilty thereof, punish them both. And if they repent and improve, then let them be. Lo! Allah is ever relenting, Merciful. (16)

Grofica
06-19-2010, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nirvana

I came across this article by Profesor Tariq Ramadan who teaches at Oxford University. I have heard him speak at events in the past but not very impressed with what he had to say. I see he wrote a new article about the interaction between Muslims and homosexuals in Europe.

He is very clear that homosexuals are sinners and that Muslims can never accept their lifestyle as decent or acceptable. So he does not ask us to do like Christians have done and just say "yeah it's OK, it is not a sin anymore". But he does say this:

FULL ARTICLE

Can we really think that someone who is practising homosexual liffestyle is still a Muslim? He says we can't drive them out of Islam. But I thought that they have driven themselves out of Islam themselves. I know of someone from a Muslim family who is a homo, and our families know each other for years. He is not ashamed of it and he tells everyone about it. His family rejected him and he does not see them anymore, even though his mother still speaks to him by phone.

This homo, whenever he bumps into me in town, he gives me salam. But I don't give him salam in return. I don't reject him or ignore or treat him rudely or anything. But I just can't bring myself to give salam to someone like that. Am I wrong to never return his salam???
But if someone gives you salams isnt it rude to not return them? I think not returning the greating is a little like spitting on a person. I think all that Profesor Tariq Ramadan is trying to say is it is not our place to judge. we are not supposed to be rude to people. I know homosexuality doesnt fit into whats right religiously. but thats between that person and God.

how can we let hate blind us in a religion the promotes love and respect? isnt the hate/anger burning inside you shaitan????

I am not saying throw them a party but we dont have to be rude.

Rhubarb Tart
06-19-2010, 07:39 AM

FULL ARTICLE

I completely agree with Tariq . Yes you are kind of wrong. Why dont you take the time to actually demomenstrate why homosexuality is wrong in Islam instead of rejecting the person. I dont see any harm giving a salam back. But obviously get a brother to tell him why and dont become his friend. But not saying salam back is just plain rude regardless of your feelings towards this dude.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Wa alaykum us-Salaam
[...]
maybe you saying salaam back may soften his heart to change? you probably live in a society where homosexuality is a norm? people are going to be more willing to be comfortable around those who make them feel welcome...so in this case, its either going to be with those who accept him fow who he is (not good as it could prove more detrimental to his iman) or with the Muslims (good for the sake of dawah, etc).

i don't agree that homosexuality should be accepted and i don't like silly/apologetic views either however, i think first you should at least try to preach/advice them. its understandable that you feel uncomfortable around him/don't like him, but we don't shun Muslims who have gf/bf's or those who drink and commit zina. we dont shun those who show off about their deeds...we don't shun those who are willing to slander other Muslims for the sake of pleasing those kuffar who fight the Muslims.

i think its good that he's actually passing the salaam, as far as i know Muslims like that seem quite arrogant and don't care for their brethren in faith (?). at least by him passing the salam, he still seems inclined/care about Muslims.

at least try to help him first.

aamirsaab
06-19-2010, 09:03 AM
You have to remember, he is still a human being. Too many times I have seen people (particularly on the internet) with what I term as haramphobia.
"Ya Allah, it's a pig!" *throws pig out of the farm*
"Astaghfirullah, this medicine has alcohol in it" *chucks medicine bottle at a bird*.
"BID-AAAAAARGH" *karate chops the cd player at someone's wedding*

I could go on (in fact, I might do a blog entry on this very issue), but the point is: there are other ways of dealing with such situations. Getting angry at a problem doesn't fix it. It'd be like smashing a rubix cube against a wall because the top left cube is green on an otherwise blue section ---> Overkill!

FS123
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I could go on (in fact, I might do a blog entry on this very issue), but the point is: there are other ways of dealing with such situations. Getting angry at a problem doesn't fix it. It'd be like smashing a rubix cube against a wall because the top left cube is green on an otherwise blue section ---> Overkill!
Exactly! Best we can do is politely discourage it.

Nirvana
06-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Some good advice. Thank you. I will try and maintain compassion for this person. Maybe they can be redeemed and brought back from the brink.

hamza abdulhaki
06-20-2010, 04:41 AM
salaam aleykum ve rahmetullah,

When I read your tread 2 diffrent occasions came into my mind which I find very fitting for your problem.

1. At one lecture Ahmed Deedat (r.a) was asked for advice from a revert to Islam who were previously a homosexuell and still have problem in abstaining from homosexuell thoughts. Ahmed Deedat (r.a) gave a very wise answer. He said that if we spend a great deal of our life in a certain lifestile it is extremly difficult to break with this lifestile and abstain from our old habits afterwards. We can easily realize this fact if we only reflect on ourselves a little bit. Everyone of us Muslim have some kind of habit which we know certaily is not only wrong but contrary to islamic teaching, but we still have great difficulties breaking with it. At this moment the shaytan often plays a big trick with us. He brings us somehow to convince ourselves that our sin which whom we struggle so hard is somewhat okay in insignificant and you can see clearly that a lot of us muslim trying to justify our bad actions instead of repenting to our lord.

2. In a lecture of Hamza Yusuf he narrated the following story. During a lecture of another sheikh we was assigned as translator for arabic to english. During the question and answer session a revert to islam asked that his relative is homosexuell and he wanted to know if he should still have contact with him despite his lifestile. Hamza Yusuf thought the sheikh would be very shocked and disgusted by this question and he was a little bit ashamed while translating it to arabic. After the translation the sheikh smiled and just said: "Shirk is much worse than that.", meaning if we are not allowed to cut the bond of relationship with someone whose doing shirk how can cut it with someone whose doing lesser sins, namely homosexuell acts. When it is true that shirk is worse than practice homosexuality it follows that we should be treat homosexuals much better than anyone who doing shirk. If we then look at ourselves we are the opposite, we treat people who are involved in shirk much better than muslims who are commiting compared to shirk some "minor sins".

I hope this will be usefull to you

Hamza Abdulhakim

aadil77
06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
there are homos who commit those sins but acknowledge they are haraam - they are still muslim

and there are those who do it but believe its halal - they are kaffirs

cat eyes
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM

FULL ARTICLE

okay im going to be harsh but its for your good! do we honestly have a right to judge others by what sins they do? who gave you any right to judge the brother by what lifestyle he has chosen??

and then we wonder why these muslims don't stop this type of life style because we are just so unbelievably harsh with them! maybe by just one kind word, that brother could realise what on earth he is doing wrong and change for the better. but we just can not keep our nasty mouths closed can we? if we don't have anything good to say. we should stay quite. the prophet (saw) warned us of this!

our mouths will be the very thing that will land us in hell...keep your hate inside and seek refuge in Allah and give thanks to Allah your not like that and make duaa for him. give him dawah, speak good about him also. we are meant to make excuses for our brothers and sisters and not pick at there faults. blame the society brother! blame the society!! because they are the ones who are brain washing them.

why don't you just make a thread about how we can help these homosexuals instead and how we can bring them back on the straight path inshallah.

now i hope you will understand what im saying brother :) that its very important not to judge and you also do not know whether he is committing zina or not so it is a very dangerous to open our mouths on such matters.

may Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path Ameen.

Muslimeen
06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
okay im going to be harsh but its for your good! do we honestly have a right to judge others by what sins they do? who gave you any right to judge the brother by what lifestyle he has chosen??

and then we wonder why these muslims don't stop this type of life style because we are just so unbelievably harsh with them! maybe by just one kind word, that brother could realise what on earth he is doing wrong and change for the better. but we just can not keep our nasty mouths closed can we? if we don't have anything good to say. we should stay quite. the prophet (saw) warned us of this!

our mouths will be the very thing that will land us in hell...keep your hate inside and seek refuge in Allah and give thanks to Allah your not like that and make duaa for him. give him dawah, speak good about him also. we are meant to make excuses for our brothers and sisters and not pick at there faults. blame the society brother! blame the society!! because they are the ones who are brain washing them.

why don't you just make a thread about how we can help these homosexuals instead and how we can bring them back on the straight path inshallah.

now i hope you will understand what im saying brother :) that its very important not to judge and you also do not know whether he is committing zina or not so it is a very dangerous to open our mouths on such matters.

may Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path Ameen.
I appreciate your thoughts, however also remember what Allah says in the quran:

“The believers, men and women, are auliya (helpers, supporters, friends and protectors) of one another; they Enjoin (people to) good and Forbid (people) from evil.” (TMQ At Taubah: 71)

The hadith of Rasullullah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassallam:

"Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then in his heart and that is the weakest form of faith" (Sahih Muslim)

A true believer is primarily concerned about the commands of Allah Ta'ala and the Sunnah of Rasulullah [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam]. He regards the slightest violation as a serious sin.

Sins are of two categories: One is the sin that is perpetrated in secrecy. While committing it in secrecy does not diminish its severity, worse than this is the sin that is the sin that is committed in public. When a sin is commited openly and those not involved shirk in their duty of amr bil maroof and nahy anil munkar [enjoining the good and forbidding the evil] the perpetrators of that evil as well as those who maintained silence despite their ability to correct the evil are engulfed in the wrath of Allah.

Rasulullah [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam] is reported to have said: Verily Allah will not punish all the people due to the actions of a specific group until a sin is commited in their midst. Thereafter, despite their ability to repel the evil they do nothing about it. In such a situation Allah will punish the open sinner as well as the general masses who maintain silence. [Mishkaat]

kite runner
06-21-2010, 10:38 AM
All you can do is warn him of the punishment he will get if he doesn't change his lifestyle, if he continues then the sin is on him, you have dont your part through warning him its up to him now whether he chooses to sin or turn away. May Allah guide him

cat eyes
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
I appreciate your thoughts, however also remember what Allah says in the quran:

“The believers, men and women, are auliya (helpers, supporters, friends and protectors) of one another; they Enjoin (people to) good and Forbid (people) from evil.” (TMQ At Taubah: 71)

The hadith of Rasullullah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassallam:

"Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then in his heart and that is the weakest form of faith" (Sahih Muslim)

A true believer is primarily concerned about the commands of Allah Ta'ala and the Sunnah of Rasulullah [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam]. He regards the slightest violation as a serious sin.

Sins are of two categories: One is the sin that is perpetrated in secrecy. While committing it in secrecy does not diminish its severity, worse than this is the sin that is the sin that is committed in public. When a sin is commited openly and those not involved shirk in their duty of amr bil maroof and nahy anil munkar [enjoining the good and forbidding the evil] the perpetrators of that evil as well as those who maintained silence despite their ability to correct the evil are engulfed in the wrath of Allah.

Rasulullah [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam] is reported to have said: Verily Allah will not punish all the people due to the actions of a specific group until a sin is commited in their midst. Thereafter, despite their ability to repel the evil they do nothing about it. In such a situation Allah will punish the open sinner as well as the general masses who maintain silence. [Mishkaat]
hummmm i read his post and he is not criticizing the evil.. hes criticizing the person and even going as far as suggesting he might be having homosexual acts just because the brother has told people he is gay, there is no evidence or prove to say he is acting upon it. hes come on a public forum to criticize a brother which is a sin. forbidding evil is giving dawah to the person but not judging the person. if you read my post again brother :) you will see this is exactly what i'm saying. they are human like us at the end of the day.

Brother don't misinterpret those hadiths as an excuse to judge someone :)

Muslimeen
06-22-2010, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
hummmm i read his post and he is not criticizing the evil.. hes criticizing the person and even going as far as suggesting he might be having homosexual acts just because the brother has told people he is gay, there is no evidence or prove to say he is acting upon it. hes come on a public forum to criticize a brother which is a sin. forbidding evil is giving dawah to the person but not judging the person. if you read my post again brother :) you will see this is exactly what i'm saying. they are human like us at the end of the day.

Brother don't misinterpret those hadiths as an excuse to judge someone :)
The fact that he is going around telling people he is gay, shows he level of morals. Speaking about your sin and flaunting it openly in front of your friends is haraam, and is a major sin. At the very least a person should be ashamed of his sins and not parade it openly. It is one of the ways of spreading immorality among the Muslims, encouraging evil and tempting others to do similar things. It also means that one does not take sin seriously and regards it as insignificant, and that the sinner is damaging his own reputation and exposing his honour to the slander of others. Islam seeks to put people off from doing such things in the strongest possible terms, as in the following hadeeth:

Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be forgiven except those who sin openly. It is a part of sinning openly when a man does something at night, then the following morning when Allaah has concealed his sin, he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when all night his Lord has concealed him and the next morning he uncovers what Allaah had concealed.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5721; Muslim, 2990).

May allah guide us onto the path of Siratul Mustakeem. Ameen

أحمد
07-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Encourage good and forbid evil. If someone's into anything haram, homosexuality included; encourage them towards good, and away from their evil. Forbid the evil acts, not the person. Remember: don't go pushing homosexuals off mountains; instead, encourage them to push away their evil actions. Its like giving advice to a smoker, "kill the smoke, before the smoke kills you". The only difference being; no-one's going to kill the homosexual, but he's piling up heavy amounts of sins for the next life, which is harmful for himself.

:wa:

sabr*
07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

The Westernization of those who adhere to Islam is evident when it becomes fashionable to tolerate evil.
We start making excuses for those who engage in evil. If Allah and his Prophet Muhammad
(صلى الله عليه و سلم ) don't tolerate evil neither should those claiming to follow their guidance.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 820:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet cursed the effeminate men and those women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned such-and-such person out, and 'Umar also turned out such-and-such person.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 383:

Narrated Abu Huraira and Zaid bin Khalid:

We were with the Prophet when he said (to two men), "I shall judge between you according to Allah's Book (Laws)."

Practicing Muslims judge with the Quran and Sunna.

Surah Al A'raf 7:80-81

80. And (remember) Lut (Lot), when he said to his people: "Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns)?

81. "Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)."

Ash Shu'ara 26:165-166

165. "Go you in unto the males of the 'Alamîn (mankind),

166. "And leave those whom Allâh has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!"

Those who are mature in their Din realize that they are not living in a bubble. There are Muslims who are gay. (Astagfirullah) In Bacha Bazi Documentary you will be faced with a reality and be horrified at the homosexuality practiced by Muslims. This in no reflection upon Islam but people weak in faith who practice tribal customs. There are even websites.

Practicing Muslims tend to be in denial regarding the homosexual deviant minority.

The television programming in the West inundates the viewer with homosexuality. (From Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, etc.) The google ad in the islamicboard has a poll on Is Gay Marriage wrong?

The GLBT community current activism is about making GLBT mainstream thought. They have used the civil rights of the 1960's platform to further their agenda. Attempting to legislate the deviant lifestyle in the lives of the majority.

If you are not in a country that is dominated with Muslims or a society based upon the tenets of Islam there is nothing you can do but surround yourself with the Muslim community.

A practicing Muslim shouldn't even have the time to invest in someone else's lifestyle that doesn't effect them.

This reply was submitted with the best intentions and the best construction should be applied.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sister herb
07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Salam alykum

I know personally some homosexual muslims. To me they are human beings. I can´t judge them as of my mind only Allah can judge.

glo
07-31-2010, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alykum

I know personally some homosexual muslims. To me they are human beings. I can´t judge them as of my mind only Allah can judge.
Well said. That's how I feel too.

sister herb
07-31-2010, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Well said. That's how I feel too.
You are my sister in humatinity.

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Salam alykum

What if you see a person stealing things and become a thief? Do you not condemn their act?
Or, what about if a person you know very well (say your friends or family members) does sinful things (like stealing, or zina), do you not want to advise them to leave their sinful ways and repent, out of love for them (because you know that the acts are condemned by Allah SWT and hence carry consequences in the herefter)?

See, I made those hypothetical situation as analogy for homosexuality.
Homosexuality acts are severely condemned by Allah SWT and prohibitions against it are made very clear in the Qur'an.

Amd i find this rather fallacious:
I can´t judge them as of my mind only Allah can judge.
We are judging things and people every single day, and we base our judging on Al Qur'an and Sunnah. Except, we do not point finger and says "you are a criminal, you will go to hell".
There is even an occupation called "judge" for a society to function, otherwise how else are you going to punish people who do bad deeds?
But the best judge is Allah SWT.

Unless of course, you do not find homosexuality a big and serious crime against Allah SWT.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Salam alykum

wa alaykum us-Salaam
dont forget to try guide them ukhtee :thumbs_up =)

sister herb
08-01-2010, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam
dont forget to try guide them ukhtee :thumbs_up =)
Salam alaykum

I try my best to guide them.

syilla
08-01-2010, 09:22 AM
assallamualaikum all,

I'm in the situation where i have a customer who is homosexual... i feel i need to guide him but at the same time i know it would be difficult. He is not living in a muslim country that is one of the problems...and another is because of his islamic knowledge.

i felt that if i push him too far away...he would probably has lesser muslim's friends.

i just don't how i got stumble in this thread....but i'm really in a dilemma of handling this situation...because he openly expressed his feeling to his 'partner' and vice versa...huhu

hopefully anyone with more knowledge and in the same situation as me can share with me a thing or two. Jazakallah khayr in advance :)

sister herb
08-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Salam alaykum

I have one muslim sister here who believes she has born to wrong sex. So she believes she is man.

:phew

Homosexual she is not. She is also mother. I have no idea how she can explain to her son that your mom thinks she is your dad.

:heated:

friendofall
08-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I think some of you should be careful about being so quick to judge others. I certainly would argue homosexuality isn't a sinful action, however even if you believe it is, as an act that does not harm others, I would have thought you would have accepted that it is Allah who would decide whether or not a person is sinful or not, as in reality all of us sin everyday in different ways.

aadil77
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by friendofall
I think some of you should be careful about being so quick to judge others. I certainly would argue homosexuality isn't a sinful action, however even if you believe it is, as an act that does not harm others, I would have thought you would have accepted that it is Allah who would decide whether or not a person is sinful or not, as in reality all of us sin everyday in different ways.
Yep and Allah has decided homosexual acts are sinful. You say its an act 'that does not harm others' - typical atheist mentallity - nothing wrong with anything unless it physically harms someone. Well I'd say taking it from behind must be quite painful, other than that it harms society - it harms the minds of young children who have to work out how such deviant and unnatural behaviour can be made acceptable.

Its funny hearing an atheist speak about sin, didn't know you guys had any morals.

sabr*
08-02-2010, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

And I find this rather fallacious:

naidamar:

That is why my post should be reread. Muslims make judgments everyday. Those judgments should be based upon Quran and Sunnah. But the Western society and media push to make it unfashionable and intolerable to condemn or criticize homosexuality. Just review the sentimental posts in defense of a person being a homosexual and refusal to judge them. If you review those who hold this view review their last twenty post which I did and review for yourself the judgments being made.

This is the entire push worldwide to have homosexuality accepted and not view it as what it really is a deviant behavior that is against Allah's laws.

Before you categorized me as some fundamental radical that is intolerant consider that I am in the Islamic Board forum only to promote Allah's word as supreme. My personal biases or opinions are not required in Islam. Islam doesn't require our input. Allah has perfected this way of life.

You have no idea if a practicing Muslim has a Muslim homosexual within his family. They would be still condemned for the deviant behavior. No excuses. We are the best at creating excuses and fail at upholding what Allah and Rasul have legislated.

This isn't a personal attack on the posters who have defended people who are homosexual and their right to be homosexual this post is just stating the facts of the GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer) community efforts to normalize the deviant behavior in our everyday life like this is a civil rights crusade.

I posted with the best intentions and the best construction should be applied.

Jazakumullahu Khair

friendofall
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yep and Allah has decided homosexual acts are sinful. You say its an act 'that does not harm others' - typical atheist mentallity - nothing wrong with anything unless it physically harms someone. Well I'd say taking it from behind must be quite painful, other than that it harms society - it harms the minds of young children who have to work out how such deviant and unnatural behaviour can be made acceptable.

Its funny hearing an atheist speak about sin, didn't know you guys had any morals.
Well that shows what a narrow minded fool you are then.

Yes, I am an atheist, however make no mistake about it, I regard myself as a very 'moral' person. I spend my whole life trying my best to not buy goods than come off the back of exploitation, I don't eat meat because I think it's wrong to kill animals and I give as much of my piss poor salary to charity as I can, however I do not object to homosexuality, because what two people do in their bedroom is none of my business. Sure, I wouldn't like to be ****ed by a guy, but the reality is that many people do, and who am I to tell someone that this act is wrong?

The vast majority of Muslims are absolutely lovely people, however there are a section, yourself included who have a right high opinion of yourselves and you need to get a grip. I'm not going to engage in this debate with you any more, because we clearly have a differing opinion, and neither of us are going to budge, however I honestly think you are being naive in thinking that because one isn't a Muslim it means they are not moral people. There are many atheists who are extraordinarily moral people, there are many who are not. There are many muslims who are extremely moral, there are many who are not.

sabr*
08-02-2010, 10:47 PM

Surah Al-An'am 6:82

It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allah), for them (only) there is security and they are the guided.

Zulm-wrongdoing

Jazakumullahu Khair

Muslim Woman
08-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Salaam Alaykum

To my knowledge , as long as one testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed pbuh is a slave and messenger of Allah , s/he is a Muslim. Commiting a major sin does not automatically take him /her out of religion.

And Allah knows Best.

aadil77
08-03-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by friendofall
Well that shows what a narrow minded fool you are then.

Yes, I am an atheist, however make no mistake about it, I regard myself as a very 'moral' person. I spend my whole life trying my best to not buy goods than come off the back of exploitation, I don't eat meat because I think it's wrong to kill animals and I give as much of my piss poor salary to charity as I can, however I do not object to homosexuality, because what two people do in their bedroom is none of my business. Sure, I wouldn't like to be ****ed by a guy, but the reality is that many people do, and who am I to tell someone that this act is wrong?
You say you are a very 'moral' person, well the morals we are taught in our faith are we shouldn't boast to others about our good deeds.

I still don't understand how atheists can classify something as moral or immoral, what is your source for morality? You say 'who am I to tell someone that this act is wrong?', does this make any sense to you? By these standards I suppose you'd believe theres nothing wrong with self-harm, suicide and other acts people do in their bedrooms.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-03-2010, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

What if you see a person stealing things and become a thief? Do you not condemn their act?
Or, what about if a person you know very well (say your friends or family members) does sinful things (like stealing, or zina), do you not want to advise them to leave their sinful ways and repent, out of love for them (because you know that the acts are condemned by Allah SWT and hence carry consequences in the herefter)?

See, I made those hypothetical situation as analogy for homosexuality.
Homosexuality acts are severely condemned by Allah SWT and prohibitions against it are made very clear in the Qur'an.

Amd i find this rather fallacious:

We are judging things and people every single day, and we base our judging on Al Qur'an and Sunnah. Except, we do not point finger and says "you are a criminal, you will go to hell".
There is even an occupation called "judge" for a society to function, otherwise how else are you going to punish people who do bad deeds?
But the best judge is Allah SWT.

Unless of course, you do not find homosexuality a big and serious crime against Allah SWT.
I totally agree!

Right we don't want to push them away, but we also shouldn't let them do their business, that is if they are engaging in such a thing. We all sin yes, but comparing something as filthy as this to other sins? Come on now! Allah created Adam and Eve(as) not Adam and Steve! We should condemn such behavior because Allah and His Rasool(saw) disliked it. What Allah Loves we love and what Allah Hates or Dislikes, we do as well. We all sin, but what's the use if we don't help each other? If we all started minding our own business, we'd not be making any progress at all! No one should judge but we should help them!

May Allah(swt) guide us all, Ameen ya Rabb!

friendofall
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
You say you are a very 'moral' person, well the morals we are taught in our faith are we shouldn't boast to others about our good deeds.

I still don't understand how atheists can classify something as moral or immoral, what is your source for morality? You say 'who am I to tell someone that this act is wrong?', does this make any sense to you? By these standards I suppose you'd believe theres nothing wrong with self-harm, suicide and other acts people do in their bedrooms.
Aadil77, I thought very carefully about whether or not to write said deeds, however I decided that seeing as you questioned my morality it was only fair that I was able to respond. I also decided that considering you do not know me, saying those things was not something to big up my reputation or inflate my ego, as I am merely a username to all extents and purposes while posting on here.

Regarding if those acts are wrong, I would say that suicide or self harm are both tragedies, that should be stopped because anyone who wants to commit them clearly is mentally unwell, however I don't think they're 'immoral'. I get my morality from what I believe is right and wrong, which is exactly the same as where you do, because even if you say you get it from Allah, surely it is from your interpretation of Allah, as different Muslims interpret the Koran differently.

Take care.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!