/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith about the prophet’s (pbuh) heart being taken out and washed/purified?

Tyrion
06-19-2010, 09:12 AM
I’d just like some explanations on that hadith, as I’ve heard some stuff about it and I’m a bit confused. (I don't know exactly where you can find it, but I think it's in Bukhari...) Is it meant to be taken literally?

Also, I’d like to know if the idea that our conscience, or soul, is located within our heart should be taken literally as well… I heard some brothers talking about both the hadith, and this idea of the heart holding our souls, so it got me thinking. I’ve been brought up to see the heart as nothing more than a heart that pumps blood throughout the body, so I find it difficult to wrap my head around :exhausted… if these sayings are not meant to be taken literally, then it seems to make more sense, but I don’t have much information on this matter, so anything you could share with me would be greatly appreciated. =)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-19-2010, 09:37 AM
:sl: The first one is definitely literal.

Masuma
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know anything about it... :cry: I want to know too! :( Please someone clarify?

syed_z
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum.. hope every one is doing good...

Yes brothers/sister.. this incident did take place at the time when Prophet Muhammad (Saw) was a very young, and lived under the care of his foster mother Haleemah (r.a)...

Anas b. Malik (r.a) reported that Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and lay him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: That was the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to it place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: "Verily Muhammad has been murdered." They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said. "I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast." (Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0311)

When Angel Gabriel said "this was the part of Satan"... what these words mean can be understood by reading this Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (Saw)...

There is no one born among the offspring of Adam except that Satan touches it. The child cries loudly at birth, therefore, from the touch of Satan. except Mary and her child.(bukhari)

The reason why that Mary (a.s) and her child Jesus (a.s) were exempted were because of the Supplication of the Mother of Mary (a.s)...

“"My Lord, I have vowed to You that which is in my belly consecrated (offspring)... and lo! I crave Your protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast”." (Al Quran 3:35-36)

And so since every child of Adam gets touched by the Touch of Satan, the touch of Satan on the Messenger of Allah (saw) was obliterated by Angel Gabriel.... and Allah (swt) knows best...

Also, I’d like to know if the idea that our conscience, or soul, is located within our heart should be taken literally as well… I heard some brothers talking about both the hadith, and this idea of the heart holding our souls, so it got me thinking. I’ve been brought up to see the heart as nothing
could you please be more specific... ? like could you please quote the Hadith.. or just explain what the Hadith says... Also the Heart is the only Place through which Allah (swt) gets close to His beings...

Salaam :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masuma
06-27-2010, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Asalaam O Alaikum.. hope every one is doing good...

Yes brothers/sister.. this incident did take place at the time when Prophet Muhammad (Saw) was a very young, and lived under the care of his foster mother Haleemah (r.a)...

Anas b. Malik (r.a) reported that Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and lay him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: That was the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to it place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: "Verily Muhammad has been murdered." They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said. "I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast." (Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0311)

When Angel Gabriel said "this was the part of Satan"... what these words mean can be understood by reading this Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (Saw)...

There is no one born among the offspring of Adam except that Satan touches it. The child cries loudly at birth, therefore, from the touch of Satan. except Mary and her child.(bukhari)

The reason why that Mary (a.s) and her child Jesus (a.s) were exempted were because of the Supplication of the Mother of Mary (a.s)...

“"My Lord, I have vowed to You that which is in my belly consecrated (offspring)... and lo! I crave Your protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast”." (Al Quran 3:35-36)

And so since every child of Adam gets touched by the Touch of Satan, the touch of Satan on the Messenger of Allah (saw) was obliterated by Angel Gabriel.... and Allah (swt) knows best...

could you please be more specific... ? like could you please quote the Hadith.. or just explain what the Hadith says... Also the Heart is the only Place through which Allah (swt) gets close to His beings...

Salaam :)
SubhanAllah brother! the hadith is there!

Sahih Muslim, Book 1, hadith 311:

Anas b. Malik reported that Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upo him) while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and lay him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: That was the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to it place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: Verily Muhammad has been murdered. They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said. I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast.
May Allah grant you Jannah for helping us out! Thank you so much! :statisfie

Jazakamullahu Khair! :)

cat eyes
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
I’d just like some explanations on that hadith, as I’ve heard some stuff about it and I’m a bit confused. (I don't know exactly where you can find it, but I think it's in Bukhari...) Is it meant to be taken literally?

Also, I’d like to know if the idea that our conscience, or soul, is located within our heart should be taken literally as well… I heard some brothers talking about both the hadith, and this idea of the heart holding our souls, so it got me thinking. I’ve been brought up to see the heart as nothing more than a heart that pumps blood throughout the body, so I find it difficult to wrap my head around :exhausted… if these sayings are not meant to be taken literally, then it seems to make more sense, but I don’t have much information on this matter, so anything you could share with me would be greatly appreciated. =)
what do you mean it should not be taken literally? lol surgeons take out hearts all the time and put a new heart back in to people around the world everyday and people don't think thats quite amazing :D because they never think about this

syed_z
06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
May Allah grant you Jannah for helping us out! Thank you so much! :statisfie
Ameen... May Allah (Swt) grant you Jannah as well.. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!