/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The "boycott" strategy ?

marwen
06-19-2010, 10:46 AM
As the muslim ummah has not enough power in political and military levels, we need to make pressure on ennemies to defend ourselves using other available means.
One big characteristic of muslim world is the big population and the high rate of consumption. Unfortunately our irrational consumption is serving our enemies' economy because the bigger part of products we consume is brought from there. And this has the following disadvantages :
1) help enemies' economy.
2) recession of local economy and local products.
3) harm the islamic industry.
4) make muslims always retarted and dependant on the west.
5) help finance israeli and american wars against muslims = killing ourselves.

=> That's said, the solution proposed by muslim scholars, politicians and economists is to boycott enemies' products.

The "Boycott" strategy seems to be a pretty good way to put economic pressure on our enemies and to defend ourselves when the muslim lands or the muslim religion is agressed.

But lately, I found that only few number of muslims are boycotting products from "anti-islamic" lands. Many muslims are not even aware of it, or just don't do it. Why ?

Is there some difficulties ? or other opinions ? is the boycott not effecient.
Is there a risk for our lives if we boycott these unecessary products ?

What do you think ?

A) The boycott is a good civilised and effecient way to defend ourselves. We should do it.

B) Boycott has no effect on enemies. It's just a pointless effort. We should do more serious actions (military actions).

C) Boycott will put on risk our lives and our jobs, more that our enemies'. We can't live without these products.

D) I don't know, I don't see results.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
:sl:
it depends on the nature od the boycott and the reasons for the boycott.

the thing is, is that boycotting affects the economy, which in result the government reacts to. so, they arent always useless.

having said that, it shouldn't be the only means as to get your point across.

Masuma
06-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Dear brother, I actually don't know which products come form Israel or Denmark. :embarrass There are always differences of opinion. First someone said that coke is a Jewish product but latter my friends told me it was not so.

So the problem is that if we boycott these products, which we SHOULD do, we don't have any better alternatives!

marwen
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Dear brother, I actually don't know which products come form Israel or Denmark. :embarrass There are always differences of opinion. First someone said that coke is a Jewish product but latter my friends told me it was not so.

So the problem is that if we boycott these products, which we SHOULD do, we don't have any better alternatives!
well yes, some products are not totally israeli, but they are sponsoring the israeli war : like coka cola, nescafé, ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masuma
06-22-2010, 10:56 AM
And there should be one more option.

"boycott is an effective way of putting pressure on the enemies but it won't be that effective".

The reason is that the Ummah is not united in its plans and so we'll not work unitedly for any cause. It is a fact. :(

marwen
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
And there should be one more option.

"boycott is an effective way of putting pressure on the enemies but it won't be that effective".

The reason is that the Ummah is not united in its plans and so we'll not work unitedly for any cause. It is a fact. :(
That's an important point you mentioned. Indeed, any common civilized reaction such as boycotting, manifestations, protests, etc. is not successful if there is no unification of all the muslims in the Ummah. And as the Ummah is not yet united (same interests, same way of thinking) a boycott will not be effective.

Masuma
06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I found this.

BOYCOTT ISRAEL NEWS (good articles here)

ISRAEL'S BOYCOTT BROCHURE (can download the name of companies here)

[and a very useful information given by a brother] taken from here

Believers do not let this message stop in your PC.
Please copy this
text and forward this text to as many Muslims as possible.... .
I ask u, as Muslims... Can't u spare 15 minutes in order to spread this
message among Muslims ...ASAP?

REMEMBER
THE PROPHET (SAW)
MIGHT ASK YOU ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT,
' WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THEY MADE FUN OF ME?
HOW DID YOU DEFEND ME?????'

7up drinks-LEGO - Cadburry chocolates -Danish Butter, Cream etc.,Hall Chewgums
any product with
barcode no. starting with
I got very good tip for identifying the products to
boycott. Every bar Coded product in the market
contains its country code included in barcode digits.
Please check the barcode of any
product before you buy.

Check the first 3 digits from the LEFT.

Example, an Israeli product will have barcode like:
729 3453459070

The following list is given according the priority as
the worst at top and then second worst is next.

729 Israel
570 - 579 Denmark (i.e. 570, 571... 579)
Really? these are the bar codes used? :-\

Masuma
06-23-2010, 07:39 PM

Masuma
06-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Asataghfirullah! :cry:

Masuma
06-23-2010, 07:58 PM
This is how much helpless our brothers and sisters are! That they fight tankers with stones! Oh Allah! :cry:

Please pass on this information to every Muslim you know. May Allah reward your efforts! :cry:

Send these cards to your friends and family! please! http://www.inminds.com/cardcentre.html

marwen
06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
^ thank you sister An33za for these helpful sources. I confess that I really used some of these products for years without knowing where they come from. But now I'll be careful.
We really should be aware how guilty are we when we buy these products. If we are unable to be helpful, let's at least be not harmful !

titus
06-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Boycotting these companies will make you feel better, but it won't change anything.

Non-violent resistance would completely change everything, but we all know that won't happen, so the cycle of violence will continue for a few more decades (or longer).

Masuma
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Peace there titus!

format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Non-violent resistance would completely change everything, but we all know that won't happen, so the cycle of violence will continue for a few more decades (or longer).
At least you agree to something... :-\ I agree and know that boycott won't be that effective but my identified reasons are different from yours. The boycott won't be effective because we Muslims as a whole are not united!

Boycotting these companies will make you feel better, but it won't change anything.
I don't know but I read in one article...
[taken from the link given in post number 7]
http://www.inminds.com/boycott-faq.html

7. Does the boycott work?
Oh yes! For example, one of the companies hardest hit by the boycott is McDonalds.
McDonalds is a "major corporate partner" of the Jewish United Fund. In its own words, the Jewish United Fund "works to maintain American military, economic and diplomatic support for Israel; monitors and, when necessary, responds to media coverage of Israel." Also, McDonalds chairman and CEO Jack M. Greenberg is a honorary director of the American-Israel Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

McDonalds has just announced it is closing down its operation in the middle east due to loss of revenue as a direct result of the boycott (Oct 2002), and is replacing Greenberg as its chairman and CEO (Dec 2002). Since the launch of the boycott campaign, two of Jordan's six McDonald's franchises have closed due to lack of business. In Egypt, McDonald's decided to change its brand name to Manfoods this past March, in an attempt to dodge the boycott. It had no effect and Egyptian police forces were ordered to guard the entrances to McDonald's restaurants, after stone throwing incidents took place. A total of 175 restaurants will be closed at a loss of $350 million.

In the face of giants like McDonalds crumbling under the pressure of the boycott, smaller companies are weary of supporting Israel and are steering clear in fear of being boycotted.

Amidst calls for a boycott of Amazon.com, the internet bookstore Amazon.com terminated its association with the Jerusalem Post (Nov 2002). It was revealed that the Jerusalem Post was donating its slice of the profits derived from the amazon.com partnership to Israeli soldiers returning home after committing massacres and other abuses of human rights on the occupied territories.
Their advert, which appeared on most of their pages, read "Buy Amazon.com & Support Israel".

Inundated with complaints, amazon.com severed its ties to the Jerusalem Post, demanding they remove all the adverts and vowed not to hand over any more profits.

Other companies, disgusted by Israel's treatment of the Palestinians have themselves actively joined the boycott.
In May 2002 a US auto part export company refused to do business with Israel.
In a reply to a purchase order from Israel, John Harris, representing Texas Automotive Export wrote:

"We must inform you that Texas Export will not do business with Israeli citizens at this time. We urge you to rein in your military and stop your oppression of the Palestinian people," the letter said. "Your country has lost the respect of the civilised world," it concluded.

The success of the boycott has so worried the US government and Israel, both afraid that companies will abandon Israel, that just last week the US threatened to fine US companies that take part in the boycott. The Department of Commerce has already issued more than $26m in fines and turned down export licences to those companies found supporting the boycott - so much for democracy and a right to choose who to do business with!

8. Can the boycott really effect the Israeli economy?
Israel's economy is on the verge of total collapse with no sign of recovery despite cash injections from uncle Sam. Just last month (Oct 2002) Sharon begged Washington for $10 billion in emergency aid. Inflation is sky rocketing - even the official figure is over 4 times the government target. VAT has just been raised as have fuel bills and all basic living costs like food and rents. Unemployment is soaring and salary cuts are the order of the day.

This has resulted in a series of crippling general strikes - the last one bringing the country to a standstill - flight in and out of Israel had to be suspended, radio and television broadcasts stopped and health workers only dealt with emergencies. The streets are piling up with uncollected garbage.

Foreign investment, a life-line for the zionist state, has also dried up. Figures reveal that investors have lost $5 billion of the $6.5 billion invested in Israel between 1999-2001. No one is prepared to invest any more.

The Israeli government is so short of money that its cost cutting includes shutting down several embassies and consulates around the world!

At this critical time, the importance of the global boycott of Israel and of the collaborating companies that give it its life-line cannot be overemphasised. Israel is counting every penny - every penny matters - ensure yours don't go to Israel!
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I found this.

BOYCOTT ISRAEL NEWS (good articles here)

ISRAEL'S BOYCOTT BROCHURE (can download the name of companies here)

[and a very useful information given by a brother] taken from here
+ Are you a Jew, titus? (I'm just curious...)

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
It is futile talking to these people. Maybe the Turks should consider sending weapons instead of aid to the palestine people. Rather die with honour than live in disgrace. If only we had more Salahudin's in this ummah.

Masuma
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
It is futile talking to these people. Maybe the Turks should consider sending weapons instead of aid to the palestine people. Rather die with honour than live in disgrace. If only we had more Salahudin's in this ummah.
Exactly! my beloved sis! :( You know two more convoys are going to be sent to Palestine. :) SubhanAllah!

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Exactly! my beloved sis!
It's actually Bro, not sis. No offence.

Masuma
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
It's actually Bro, not sis. No offence.
Oh! :embarrass I'm so sorry! :( I always check member's profiles but this time I didn't...don't know why...

Sorry okie? :embarrass

titus
06-24-2010, 02:15 PM
It is futile talking to these people. Maybe the Turks should consider sending weapons instead of aid to the palestine people. Rather die with honour than live in disgrace. If only we had more Salahudin's in this ummah
Yes, because that method has shown to be so effective over the last 60+ years. Look how much the Palestinians have gained from it.

Salahudin was a smart man. He would look to see what the objective was and find a way to meet it, and if something wasn't working he would change his tactics.

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh! :embarrass I'm so sorry! :( I always check member's profiles but this time I didn't...don't know why...

Sorry okie? :embarrass

Apology accepted. Maybe I am just sounding too girlish?

Masuma
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Apology accepted. Maybe I am just sounding too girlish?
No, no! I was being foolish. :embarrass May Allah grant you Jannah bother! :statisfie

Yes, because that method has shown to be so effective over the last 60+ years. Look how much the Palestinians have gained from it.

Salahudin was a smart man. He would look to see what the objective was and find a way to meet it, and if something wasn't working he would change his tactics.
Peace!

So what are you suggesting? This that we shouldn't boycott Israel's products?

titus
06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
No, but even with the examples that An33za posted the boycott is nothing more than a pinprick to Israel. If people are committed to something, like the Israelis have shown they are many times, a boycott will do nothing. Look at Cuba and the effectiveness of the US embargo on it.

My response was more in regards who were saying that if the Palestinians get more weapons that things would be better. That is what I disagree with.

Life_Is_Short
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM

Visit the Boycott Israel website for detailed information on how each company supports the mass murder of innocent Palestinians: www.stopfundingisrael.com

There is also an award handed out by the "State of Israel" in recognition of those individuals and organizations, that through their investments and trade relationships, have done the most to strengthen the Israeli economy. Source: http://www.aqsa.org.uk/flyers/boycott.html

Palestinian boycott of Jewish settlement goods outrages Israel.

According to the Washington Post, at least 17 businesses within the largest settlement bloc, Ma'ale Adumim, have closed as a result of the boycott campaign that took off earlier in the year, while the PA has confiscated $5m-worth (£3.5m) of settlement goods across the West Bank.
The reaction to all this in Israel has been a combination of bluster, threats and outrage premised on a theme of: how dare those ingrates.
Settler groups, who you can imagine may see a Palestinian sneezing and call it germ warfare, have decided that this boycott amounts to "economic terror".
What would happen if every muslim boycotts Israeli product? Just Imagine!

Rhubarb Tart
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Also, I would love this ummah to come together and sort out internal conflicts in many Muslim countries but that is in my dreams.
I rarely use many of these products but will boycott those that I use. I did not know these companies were directly supporting the oppression.

Pygoscelis
06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Regarding the products from Denmark and Norway, It is one thing to boycot the newspapers that publish what you object to or to protest against politicians who do or campaign to have them voted out (yes you can do that in these countries) , but to boycot companies whose only connection is that they happen to reside in the same country just makes you look ignorant and hostile, and if you do it in the name of Islam, then that paints the image of Islam with more ignorance and hostility than it already has.

Masuma
06-27-2010, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Regarding the products from Denmark and Norway, It is one thing to boycot the newspapers that publish what you object to or to protest against politicians who do or campaign to have them voted out (yes you can do that in these countries) , but to boycot companies whose only connection is that they happen to reside in the same country just makes you look ignorant and hostile, and if you do it in the name of Islam, then that paints the image of Islam with more ignorance and hostility than it already has.
Pygoscelis you are (oh what a funny avatar you have there!) Please do bother to read the thread from the beginning. It would really make you look less ignorant and silly. This is mentioned in one post.

Are you sure these companies support Israel?
Many people wanting to boycott Israeli products and companies supporting the zionist entity have been frustrated with the lack of accurate information as to which companies to boycott.

To this end we have carried out extensive research to identify the guilty companies. All our findings are backed with references so that you can independently check the facts and understand exactly how each company is contributing its support to Israel.

On our website we have dedicated a whole page per company. Each page is divided into three sections -
(1) the company's product list,
(2) research findings and
(3) reference/additional info section.

You can see the evidence against a company given in the research findings section and next to each piece of evidence is a reference number which you can look up in the reference section to find out the source for the evidence - most items are sourced back to Israel's own newspapers and journals.
SOURCE

Even if Muslim companies support Israel's war fare, we would inshAllah boycott them too!

Pygoscelis
06-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Um, re-read what you just quoted from my post. It refers to Denmark and Norway, not Israel.

Masuma
06-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Um, re-read what you just quoted from my post. It refers to Denmark and Norway, not Israel.
You don't understand. What I mean is that such companies do support anti-Islamic propaganda! If they really cared, then they would not have let some groups make blasphemous cartoons of Prophet. Just like the Israeli companies I mentioned above. they too support Israel's unjust act and therefore be boycotted.

But did you read the posts in which we mentioned that Denmark's companies should also be boycotted for the REASON of them making blasphemous cartoons of Prophet Muhammad?! Why would these be spared?

These companies can put pressure on the groups who make cartoons of the Prophet!

Masuma
06-27-2010, 01:53 PM
taken from here

Believers do not let this message stop in your PC.
Please copy this
text and forward this text to as many Muslims as possible.... .
I ask u, as Muslims... Can't u spare 15 minutes in order to spread this
message among Muslims ...ASAP?

REMEMBER
THE PROPHET (SAW)
MIGHT ASK YOU ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT,
' WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THEY MADE FUN OF ME?
HOW DID YOU DEFEND ME?????'

7up drinks-LEGO - Cadburry chocolates -Danish Butter, Cream etc.,Hall Chewgums
any product with
barcode no. starting with
I got very good tip for identifying the products to
boycott. Every bar Coded product in the market
contains its country code included in barcode digits.
Please check the barcode of any
product before you buy.

Check the first 3 digits from the LEFT.

Example, an Israeli product will have barcode like:
729 3453459070

The following list is given according the priority as
the worst at top and then second worst is next.

729 Israel
570 - 579 Denmark (i.e. 570, 571... 579)
Really? these are the bar codes used? :-\
So now this is even more funny!

but to boycot companies whose only connection is that they happen to reside in the same country just makes you look ignorant and hostile
If these companies have Muslims as their customers, then they should keep this in mind to not offend Muslims otherwise retaliation is just a natural process!

Why would we not boycott companies who just simply sit around and don't stop the blasphemous act of making our Prophet's cartoons?! If these companies want, they can really stop their government but no they won't. And so we Muslims boycott them! As simple as that!

And nobody has asked you to.

And maybe you don't understand but this is a peaceful way of building up pressure on the government. When these companies would suffer losses due to less turnover of Muslim customers, then they'll build pressure on their government.

And if you have any better ideas, why don't you share them and make yourself more useful? :)

cat eyes
06-27-2010, 01:59 PM
yeah this is because isreal is powerful because people are buying these products :( inshallah i'm not going to buy none of the products listed.

kite runner
06-27-2010, 02:58 PM
so so sad :( especially the johnson & johnson picture. May allah protect our brothers and sisters who are suffering

Ramadhan
06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Why does the US boycott the whole Iran, when it is only its government that they don't like?
After all, Iranian companies only happen to reside in Iran, and has no voice over its government policies
Why the whole North Korea has to suffer from the boycott?
Why did the world boycott South Africa?
Why is the USA boycotting Myanmar and make its people suffer?

boycotting is legitimate, peaceful and quite effective way to make a point.

Masuma
06-27-2010, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Why does the US boycott the whole Iran, when it is only its government that they don't like?
After all, Iranian companies only happen to reside in Iran, and has no voice over its government policies
Why the whole North Korea has to suffer from the boycott?
Why did the world boycott South Africa?
Why is the USA boycotting Myanmar and make its people suffer?

boycotting is legitimate, peaceful and quite effective way to make a point.
SubhanAllah brother! :statisfie

And of course pygocelis would not show up now. People and their hypocrisy!!!

Even if we work with truth and understanding, we would come to know that American war on Iraq and Afghanistan was also not justified. Even if we agree to their flimsy excuses, still the general public should never have been punished for the crimes of an individual or group!

Now the whole social life of Afghanistan is in ruins! People and even children are forced to use drugs like heroine, opium etc, to relieve them of pain and the grief which they feel at the loss of their loved ones. this is now their only way of escaping all their sorrows! :cry:

What a pity on the Muslim Ummah!!!

Pygoscelis
06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
If the USA bans products produced in Iran, it is rather stupid of them and you'd have to ask them (not me) why they do it.

Agreed.

Pygoscelis
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
You don't understand. What I mean is that such companies do support anti-Islamic propaganda! If they really cared, then they would not have let some groups make blasphemous cartoons of Prophet.
So you are angry at companies for what they have NOT done? You think they, non-muslim companies, have a positive duty to invest all their resources in protecting Islam? Why? Are they not uninterested third parties?

And even if they wanted to you think they have power to stop the publishers from publishing the papers? Maybe you'd have a point if they sponsored or advertised in the paper immediately after the cartoons etc were published. But are you not including any company that happens to be in Denmark no matter if it did or not?

A boycot against such companies would just make you, and by extension Islam, look bad (if you did it in the name of Islam).

And of course pygocelis would not show up now. People and their hypocrisy!!!
Oh he just may. What hypocrisy?

Masuma
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
First of all a request which you so obviously would overlook "Please Pygocelis, don't increase the post count here as people might not read the thread if it increased to more than 3 pages :hmm:"

So you are angry at companies for what they have NOT done? You think they, non-muslim companies, have a positive duty to invest all their resources in protecting Islam?

I
think that it is the responsibility and DUTY of every good citizen; of every man who supports truth, to stand up against such things. This is the positive duty of EVERY ONE who wants or likes justice!

Are they not uninterested third parties?
In such cases, there are only TWO parties; one for the right cause and one as oppressors. Now I'll again give the example of Israel because through it, I'll explain what I actually mean.

"A picture is worth a thousand words"! :statisfie (May Allah bless these Jews above and may He show them the right way! Ameen!!!!:statisfie)
See! this is how every good citizen must unite and side with the just cause.

And even if they wanted to you think they have power to stop the publishers from publishing the papers?
Yes they definitely have! These are not just any ordinary companies but multinational ones; operating in many countries! They can definitely convince their govt to stop the blasphemous acts!

Maybe you'd have a point if they sponsored or advertised in the paper immediately after the cartoons etc were published. But are you not including any company that happens to be in Denmark no matter if it did or not?
I am including all the companies which are in Denmark! Even if they are Muslim companies! We would boycott them all for REASONS already explained above.

A boycot against such companies would just make you, and by extension Islam, look bad (if you did it in the name of Islam).
No! A whole majority of the people are not a bunch of illiterate ignorant haters! They would and always do understand that such boycotts are justified!

Oh he just may. What hypocrisy?
LOL! So good! :D Hypocrisy this that when it comes to Muslims, people call them terrorists even if they are supporting a just cause. But whenever it is America or other such companies, the boycott is not considered unnecessary!

marwen
06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
By boycotting these products, we're not targeting these companies, but we're acting indirectly on governments. These companies are established over a land which government is legalizing insults and despising of our religion, and when these companies feel some economic pressure, they can make pressure on their governments to stop offending muslims, what we can't do directly.

..just makes you look ignorant and hostile, and if you do it in the name of Islam, then that paints the image of Islam with more ignorance and hostility than it already has.
No that's not correct. Every person has the right to buy a product he likes and also has the right to stop buying a product he don't like. And I don't care if your company is loosing if I don't want to buy your product : My own interest is more important for me, and it's not my problem if this company is working for an anti-islamic government. Nothing about ignorance or hostility here.

Masuma
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
No that's not correct. Every person has the right to buy a product he likes and also has the right to stop buying a product he don't like. And I don't care if your company is loosing if I don't want to buy your product : My own interest is more important for me, and it's not my problem if this company is working for an anti-islamic government. Nothing about ignorance or hostility here.
Exactly! And see the hypocrisy again here! If these haters have their "freedom of speech" (which they are clearly violating in this case) then we Muslims too have our own freedom of choice! So why is it now hurting them so much?!

And these companies obviously do give tax to the government. when the companies won't make enough profit, the tax giving would become a real pain for it, and so it'll then SURELY put pressure on the govt!

(Now will Pygocelis show up? :D just a question for Pygocelis )

Pygoscelis
06-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Seriously An33za, if anybody is being a hyprocrite here its you... you are complaining about people not treating you well and yet you have this hostile attitude and keep calling people liars and hypocrites. I again ask you what I said that was hypocritical. You seem to see the world from a tribal orientation, in-group vs out-group (also reflected in that other thread where you have literally reduced yourself to a cheerleader). Do you see all non-muslims as the same and therefore what you read about one or saw one say you assign to all others? Do you see all muslims as friends and kafir as the great enemy? Are we all out to git ya? :phew

Nobody here has said that muslims don't have a right to this boycott or protest. You can protest against your own mother for all I care. It would just make you look bad, and so does this. And when done in the name of Islam it makes that look bad too.

Ramadhan
06-28-2010, 04:39 AM
If the USA bans products produced in Iran, it is rather stupid of them and you'd have to ask them (not me) why they do it.
So, you disagree with general boycott, including the current ones done on Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Cuba, and the past ones done on South Africa?

(by the way, your government Canada is participating in the banning of all trades with Iran, accusing Iran of not respecting NPT, while pursuing civilian nuclear agreement with India, who is not NPT participatory).

Ramadhan
06-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Nobody here has said that muslims don't have a right to this boycott or protest. You can protest against your own mother for all I care. It would just make you look bad, and so does this. And when done in the name of Islam it makes that look bad too.
I can see muslims running scared and stop boycotting companies because one pygoscelis say that would make Islam look bad.

Why don't you direct your energy towards boycotting your own government for getting involved in Afghanistan and Iraq and killed civilians.
Now, that would be a worthy cause.

Pygoscelis
06-28-2010, 05:43 AM
So, you disagree with general boycott, including the current ones done on Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Cuba, and the past ones done on South Africa?
Yes I oppose each of those.

(by the way, your government Canada is participating in the banning of all trades with Iran, accusing Iran of not respecting NPT, while pursuing civilian nuclear agreement with India, who is not NPT participatory).
I realize this and I oppose it. I have long said that the rhetoric of the USA (which Canada follows like a little lap dog under Harper (I want him OUT)) justifies Iran seeking nuclear weapons. If Iran isn't developing nuclear weapons, it should be! It is the only proven deterrent against US aggression. Compare how North Korea has been handled as opposed to Iraq. The remaining "axis of evil" country should take note.

I am happy that Canada doesn't ban Cuba in any way, and would hate to see Harper do that to us. But I think the political climate even in the US will open things up to Cuba. Venezeulla is another. I agree more often than not with what Chavez has to say about the US (though for other reasons I oppose him - he's not the fairest to his people). I was very amused at his comments on Bush.

Pygoscelis
06-28-2010, 05:47 AM
The OP asked what we think of the "bocott strategy". I gave my answer. It will backfire on you and make people think even less of Islam. If you disagree with my answer that is your right, but the OP did ask so I answered.

Why don't you direct your energy towards boycotting your own government for getting involved in Afghanistan and Iraq and killed civilians.
Now, that would be a worthy cause.
What makes you think I haven't. Stop assuming that all us westerners are the same. The political party I support has always opposed the overseas wars, and I have taken part in numerous protests - especially back during the Bush era when Iraq was invaded based on lies and for profit.

Muezzin
07-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

The problem is whenever somebody suggests and implements an Islamic alternative, it doesn't get quite enough Muslim support.

Still, relatively early days, and it's harder to make a splash with Islamic alternatives in a non-Muslim majority country than in a Muslim majority country (although many marketers would be able to turn such a situation to their advantage). Personally, I greatly prefer the more constructive approach of at least attempting to create and market an alternative, as opposed to simply and solely boycotting existing products.

جوري
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I can see muslims running scared and stop boycotting companies because one pygoscelis say that would make Islam look bad.
:haha: I can't believe you took the time to answer that.. :w:

Masuma
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Mods, if you are going to deleteor alter this post, then do the same to Pygocelis's post too (post number 38), because he is the one who actually sparked it all!
Now what!

Since you have not kept it civil so why should I?!

You know what- You are a DOG Pygocelis! And I think you realize it too-------->

Seriously An33za, if anybody is being a hyprocrite here its you... you are complaining about people not treating you well and yet you have this hostile attitude and keep calling people liars and hypocrites.
I only call those as liars or hypocrites who actually are being one!

You seem to see the world from a tribal orientation, in-group vs out-group
Not always. Only when such situations arise. And then people either side with what is right or they support evil!

Yes some people can be neutral too (i.e they neither side with good nor with evil and only minds their own business). But in some religions and societies, this behavior is also considered evil.

For example in Islam, one HAS to speak up against injustice and evil otherwise he/she would not be considered a good Muslim.

(also reflected in that other thread where you have literally reduced yourself to a cheerleader).
Now you've turned into a pig!
Encouraging people is not wrong. It is only the WAY your western women do it there that make it despicable. All that free-mixing and inappropriate clothes (or more rightly no clothes at all) which makes it all disgusting!

Do you see all non-muslims as the same and therefore what you read about one or saw one say you assign to all others?
Do you see all muslims as friends and kafir as the great enemy? Are we all out to git ya? :phew
You mean like the one where I considered all Jews as nazis and zionists?!

(May Allah bless these Jews above and may He show them the right way! Ameen!!!!:statisfie)

See! this is how every good citizen must unite and side with the just cause.
Or maybe you meant that when I said that I will never boycott Muslim companies because Muslims are friends?!

I am including all the companies which are in Denmark! Even if they are Muslim companies! We would boycott them all for REASONS already explained above.
It would just make you look bad, and so does this. And when done in the name of Islam it makes that look bad too.
As if media has not already done it all! Media has maligned Islam so much so that now it won't affect us at all! But now is the time for Muslims to unite!

Rhubarb Tart
07-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Sometimes this forum makes me despair...

I think admins should close this thread. This purpose of this thread will still continue even when closed.

Pygoscelis
07-03-2010, 05:26 AM
I agree. The hate and tribalism is getting out of hand in here. For the record though so there's no confusion, that dog picture is my dog Cody, and he's awesome. So don't imagine that comparing me to him will in any way insult me.

Dagless
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Does anyone have a list of verified companies to boycott? I have read the links mentioned earlier but they list a few companies which have outright denied supporting Israel, e.g. Coca Cola - http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/c...st_israel.html

I'm just after a definitive list (with verifiable sources) so I don't stop trade with legitimate companies and don't end up spreading false information.

marwen
07-05-2010, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Does anyone have a list of verified companies to boycott? I have read the links mentioned earlier but they list a few companies which have outright denied supporting Israel, e.g. Coca Cola - http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/c...st_israel.html

I'm just after a definitive list (with verifiable sources) so I don't stop trade with legitimate companies and don't end up spreading false information.
Bro, what do you think a company like Coca Cola would say else in order to stop its loss ? Don't look at what these companies say, but at what they do.

Coca Cola and Israel : http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-coca-cola.html

Boycott Brands : http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-brands.html

InfiniteMercy
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Asalam all, thanks for the thread...there's no doubt that money speaks very loud! so when profits are dropping there's bound to be a change or at least a reconsideration of policies..
apart from the lists of companies (which are mostly making consumer goods) that have been posted here, there's also institutions and organizations which support the zionist entity and have strong influences..one of the biggest frontlines is the media companies and how they fool the people of the world...

Jedi
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Why would an islamic site 'inminds' big this up? Because as the article says, we all know what happens to gays in islam!

As a newbie I can't post the link!

Madrid bans Israelis from gay pride march over Gaza flotilla raid

Haaretz Staff
9 June 2010
Madrid has banned an Israeli delegation from the city's gay pride parade in protest at last week's Gaza flotilla raid, British daily The Guardian reported on Wednesday.

"After what has happened, and as human rights campaigners, it seemed barbaric to us to have them taking part," Antonio Poveda, of Spain's Federation of Lesbians, Gays, Transexuals and Bisexuals told The Guardian. "We don't just defend our own little patch," he said.
According to the Guardian, the Israeli group, all Tel Aviv residents, have reacted angrily to the notification, and said that the decision to mix the Gaza flotilla with gay pride was wrong.
Israel drew worldwide condemnation after nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed when navy commandos boarded ships Gaza-bound aid boats.
Tel Aviv municipality spokesman Eytan Schwartz told the Spanish paper El Mundo that it was not the city's job to either support or condemn such issues.
"I don't recall Madrid's gay organizations condemning any of the Palestinian terrorist attacks on cafes or buses," Schwartz said. "Islamist fundamentalists don't just want to finish off Israel but that they also believe homosexuals should 'cure themselves' or die."
Schwartz added that the Spanish federation that made the decision should speak to the gay Arabs who flee their countries for Tel Aviv, where they live secretly, "because they would be murdered at home if they revealed their sexuality".
A well known gay activist in Israel, Mike Hamel told the Guardian that the group of Israelis were invited as individuals and not as the country's official representatives, and questioned "why do they mix politics with a gay pride procession?"

جوري
07-08-2010, 02:16 AM
you can't be gay and Muslim it is an oxymoron-- you may certainly pursue a deviant lifestyle outside the folds of religion and there are plenty of immoral regions where one can pursue such a lifestyle.. did you have a point with your comment other than the obviously concluded which is that the colonial settler state of Israel is in fact a secular effete, immoral state and not a 'promised land for the Jews' for amongst other reason biblical or political -- however, Judaism, christianity, every organized religion and/or ideology and even the laws of nature don't recognize homosexuality as anything but a deviant, lecherous lifestyle?!

all the best as always!

Jedi
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
you can't be gay and Muslim it is an oxymoron-- you may certainly pursue a deviant lifestyle outside the folds of religion and there are plenty of immoral regions where one can pursue such a lifestyle.. did you have a point with your comment other than the obviously concluded which is that the colonial settler state of Israel is in fact a secular effete, immoral state and not a 'promised land for the Jews' for amongst other reason biblical or political -- however, Judaism, christianity, every organized religion and/or ideology and even the laws of nature don't recognize homosexuality as anything but a deviant, lecherous lifestyle?!

all the best as always!
The so called according to you "obviously concluded" is not my point!
My point is how can islam which is definately anti homosexuality, big up the banning of gay Israelis from a gay pride event?

Because the ban was in relation to the Palestine/Palestinian situation!
It is totally hypocritical !!!

جوري
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi
The so called according to you "obviously concluded" is not my point!
My point is how can islam which is definately anti homosexuality, big up the banning of gay Israelis from a gay pride event?
The dispute per your article is between Israel and Spain and in fact has no room for Palestinians save for the little additives and preservatives of the Zionists over how Muslims are just plain awful to them or intolerant or whatever crap they conjure up for a PR move... how desperate are they but the better question is how desperate are you?
Because the ban was in relation to the Palestine/Palestinian situation!
well you should take your grievances in the gay pride rooms of spain then, not on an Islamic board? from our end of things, even folks who define themselves by their sexual orientation are principled when comes to human rights if all they can offer is a silly ban in lieu of aid then so be it!
It is totally hypocritical !!!
You need to go back to school and work on your logic skills!

all the best

Jedi
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
The dispute per your article is between Israel and Spain and in fact has no room for Palestinians save for the little additives and preservatives of the Zionists over how Muslims are just plain awful to them or intolerant or whatever crap they conjure up for a PR move... how desperate are they but the better question is how desperate are you?

well you should take your grievances in the gay pride rooms of spain then, not on an Islamic board? from our end of things, even folks who define themselves by their sexual orientation are principled when comes to human rights if all they can offer is a silly ban in lieu of aid then so be it!

You need to go back to school and work on your logic skills!

all the best
You are blinded by your absolute hate for zionists!

My point is, how can an islamic website big up homosexuals in a gay pride event who have excluded other homosexuals(israeli ones) because of their so called principals over the Palestine/Palestinian situation!

In other words muslims will big up, and promote the banning of gay israelis from a gay pride event, even though islam and muslims totally detest homosexuality/homosexuals!!!
And islam mandates the killing of gays, whether they claim to be muslim or kuffar!

Now that is the hypocrisy that I am highlighting and questioning!

Is that too logical for you?

You are accepting support from kuffar homosexuals against israeli homosexuals just because the kuffar homosexuals have banned israeli ones!
And because the ban is a protest about the flotilla incident!!!
Get it!!!

How can islam accept the support of the kuffar, and homosexual ones at that?
That's dancing with the devil.

جوري
07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
You are blinded by your absolute hate for zionists!
seeing things for what they are doesn't make one blind!
My point is, how can an islamic website big up homosexuals in a gay pride event who have excluded other homosexuals(israeli ones) because of their so called principals over the Palestine/Palestinian situation!
I don't know which Islamic website you are speaking of, given no link, for the sake of argument, I'll go by 'your word' for whatever it is worth, logic would dictate that you stake your grievances with that site then, and not expect that we should have to defend them? either way I see this as another deflection from the actual events going on, so like a kaffir to side track calamities into ludicrous ancillary affairs!
In other words muslims will big up, and promote the banning of gay israelis from a gay pride event, even though islam and muslims totally detest homosexuality/homosexuals!!!
See above reply!
And islam mandates the killing of gays, whether they claim to be muslim or kuffar!
in order for a 7ad to be carried out you'll have to have four witnesses to the adulterous affairs, and that goes for homo or hereto relations, so perhaps if you want to take that lifestyle up, close the shades and don't engage in orgies where others will turn you in?
Now that is the hypocrisy that I am highlighting and questioning!
I see no hypocrisy, I see a deranged troll who wishes to make issues out of non-Issues, at least non-issues as far as this forum and its members are concerned!
Is that too logical for you?
Not at all!

You are accepting support from kuffar homosexuals against israeli homosexuals just because the kuffar homosexuals have banned israeli ones!
And because the ban is a protest about the flotilla incident!!!
Get it!!!
I haven't accepted support from homosexual kaffirs, you have presupposed something, presented it here without any link and made us all guilty by proxy and expect us to carry on from your faulty premise.. you want to revisit that logic issue?
How can islam accept the support of the kuffar, and homosexual ones at that?
That's dancing with the devil.
Islam doesn't-- I can't speak for whatever portal you have visited as far as we can see above a diatribe between span and Israel, and your temper thereafter!

all the best

syed_z
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
@Jedi

for people like you an Immoral Relationship between a Man and another man is such a big issue... while there is no issue for you as Gaza is on its ways, rather it already is a huge jail, where the Prisoners, who are innocent men women and children.... whose food is being stopped and their shelters and homes bombarded every day....

You should think where this whatever you believe in is taking you... your actually arguing over a Relationship of Men , an immoral , disgusting thing, over injustice being done for several years to men women children and elderly folks....

See this is what happens when you don't have guidance... then your actions spread misguidance.....people like you waste time of themselves as well as others people's...

AhlaamBella
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
If I'd seen this poll a week ago I would have gone for the 2nd option but I saw an article in the metro about the Israeli produce having to be cut down because there is nowhere for it to go as the Palestinian government have put a ban on Israeli products.

This is the first time I've seen the boycott take effect. But, it takes numbers. There will be no effect if the majority don't boycott. Minorities have no results

Jedi
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
seeing things for what they are doesn't make one blind!
I don't know which Islamic website you are speaking of, given no link, for the sake of argument, I'll go by 'your word' for whatever it is worth, logic would dictate that you stake your grievances with that site then, and not expect that we should have to defend them? either way I see this as another deflection from the actual events going on, so like a kaffir to side track calamities into ludicrous ancillary affairs!
See above reply!
in order for a 7ad to be carried out you'll have to have four witnesses to the adulterous affairs, and that goes for homo or hereto relations, so perhaps if you want to take that lifestyle up, close the shades and don't engage in orgies where others will turn you in?
I see no hypocrisy, I see a deranged troll who wishes to make issues out of non-Issues, at least non-issues as far as this forum and its members are concerned!
Not at all!

I haven't accepted support from homosexual kaffirs, you have presupposed something, presented it here without any link and made us all guilty by proxy and expect us to carry on from your faulty premise.. you want to revisit that logic issue?
Islam doesn't-- I can't speak for whatever portal you have visited as far as we can see above a diatribe between span and Israel, and your temper thereafter!

all the best
The link was posted by marwen!
I can't post links as a newbie!
On the muslim 'inminds' site they have posted this article from a Jewish site!
I posted before:

Haaretz Staff
9 June 2010
Madrid has banned an Israeli delegation from the city's gay pride parade in protest at last week's Gaza flotilla raid, British daily The Guardian reported on Wednesday.

"After what has happened, and as human rights campaigners, it seemed barbaric to us to have them taking part," Antonio Poveda, of Spain's Federation of Lesbians, Gays, Transexuals and Bisexuals told The Guardian. "We don't just defend our own little patch," he said.
According to the Guardian, the Israeli group, all Tel Aviv residents, have reacted angrily to the notification, and said that the decision to mix the Gaza flotilla with gay pride was wrong.
Israel drew worldwide condemnation after nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed when navy commandos boarded ships Gaza-bound aid boats.
Tel Aviv municipality spokesman Eytan Schwartz told the Spanish paper El Mundo that it was not the city's job to either support or condemn such issues.
"I don't recall Madrid's gay organizations condemning any of the Palestinian terrorist attacks on cafes or buses," Schwartz said. "Islamist fundamentalists don't just want to finish off Israel but that they also believe homosexuals should 'cure themselves' or die."
Schwartz added that the Spanish federation that made the decision should speak to the gay Arabs who flee their countries for Tel Aviv, where they live secretly, "because they would be murdered at home if they revealed their sexuality".
A well known gay activist in Israel, Mike Hamel told the Guardian that the group of Israelis were invited as individuals and not as the country's official representatives, and questioned "why do they mix politics with a gay pride procession?"

Therefore, I made my point and was not saying that you in particular are giving support.
I was saying that muslims/islam are accepting support from homosexuals who banned israeli homosexuals from the gay pride event, because of the 'flotilla affair'!
And islam in the eyes of many many muslims does mandate the killing of homosexuals!
You can look on the internet and see videos of msulims ranting about it!

And I know homosexuality is is a perversion and goes against nature!
But, I don't advocate killing homosexuals!

So I think the deflection is coming from you and others!

Go the to the muslim 'inminds' link in marwen's post, open it, click on the main page link and scroll down until you find:
Madrid bans Israelis from gay pride march over Gaza flotilla raid Madrid has banned an Israeli delegation from the city's gay pride parade in protest at last week's Gaza flotilla raid. [2010-06-09]

Therefore, that is the hypocrisy that I am talking about!

جوري
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
^^ having a difficult time buying into the story, it can't be that difficult to write out the website from whence you got it, and secondly, this thread isn't about homos, or those who support homos, or those who seek aid from homos.. read the thread title and be in keeping with the subject matter..

BTW, I thought you gave us a long winded goodbye the other day, did you change your mind?

Jedi
07-11-2010, 01:50 PM
^^ having a difficult time buying into the story, it can't be that difficult to write out the website from whence you got it, and secondly, this thread isn't about homos, or those who support homos, or those who seek aid from homos.. read the thread title and be in keeping with the subject matter..

BTW, I thought you gave us a long winded goodbye the other day, did you change your mind?
You must be in denial! I told you I can't post links as a newbie and that the link for the site is in marwens post!
Which is where I got the info from!
The muslim site is called inminds!
Do try harder, or are you just a wind up merchant?
The deflection won't work on me!

The subject may be the 'boycott' strategy, but I am talking about the hypocrisy of muslims accepting help in that from not just kuffars, but gay kuffars!:Koran:

I posted before:

Haaretz Staff
9 June 2010

Go the to the muslim 'inminds' link in marwen's post, open it, click on the main page link and scroll down until you find:
Madrid bans Israelis from gay pride march over Gaza flotilla raid Madrid has banned an Israeli delegation from the city's gay pride parade in protest at last week's Gaza flotilla raid. [2010-06-09]

And I did not make a long winded goodbye, or even short winded one!

جوري
07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
]You must be in denial! I told you I can't post links as a newbie and that the link for the site is in marwens post!
Which is where I got the info from!
Denial about what you twit?
The muslim site is called inminds!
This concerns me and other Muslims here on board how?
Do try harder, or are you just a wind up merchant?
I don't need to try at all with nonsensical twits!
The deflection won't work on me!
That is funny .. glad you found a useful vocation as a board jester!
The subject may be the 'boycott' strategy, but I am talking about the hypocrisy of muslims accepting help in that from not just kuffars, but gay kuffars!:Koran:
As stated before you should state your grievances to those Muslims if such has in fact occurred.. while you are all boohoo about your casual stupidities, people are being killed, maimed, raped by other twits not unlike yourself.. none of us are interested in what you have to say or what you find hypocritical!
The Only hypocrite around here is you, sadly you can't even honor your own word, and such is the case with a kaffir I suppose!
And I did not make a long winded goodbye, or even short winded one!
Sure you did (the post was later removed) I gave you the grand send-off .. perhaps you can take a hint now troll?

all the best

noorseeker
07-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Instead of boycotting, we need to support muslim businesses, How many a time do we ignore muslim businesses and run to the local tesco or asda.

But then again i do understand muslim businesses stock these items, if they did not, im pretty sure people wouldnt go in to them if they didnt see these popular items,

It might sound silly , but i boycott coca cola, i make sure about that, where i might be buying products i should be boycotting

Jedi
07-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Denial about what you twit?
This concerns me and other Muslims here on board how?
I don't need to try at all with nonsensical twits!
That is funny .. glad you found a useful vocation as a board jester!
As stated before you should state your grievances to those Muslims if such has in fact occurred.. while you are all boohoo about your casual stupidities, people are being killed, maimed, raped by other twits not unlike yourself.. none of us are interested in what you have to say or what you find hypocritical!
The Only hypocrite around here is you, sadly you can't even honor your own word, and such is the case with a kaffir I suppose!
Sure you did (the post was later removed) I gave you the grand send-off .. perhaps you can take a hint now troll?

all the best
So you don't think you should denounce this muslim 'hypocrisy' so as to defend islam from the claim of duplicity!

Because, you haven't been short of words in trying to derail my points and other posts, have you!

Why does islam the 'final way', need the support of the kuffar?

Please put your specs on and re-read:

I posted before:

Haaretz Staff
9 June 2010

Jedi
07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Instead of boycotting, we need to support muslim businesses, How many a time do we ignore muslim businesses and run to the local tesco or asda.

But then again i do understand muslim businesses stock these items, if they did not, im pretty sure people wouldnt go in to them if they didnt see these popular items,

It might sound silly , but i boycott coca cola, i make sure about that, where i might be buying products i should be boycotting
What I don't understand about the 'boycott' strategy is, that if as the 'inminds' website says.
That coca cola and other brands and products are indicitive of western lifestyles.
Why have muslim/islamic copycat products been made?
Also, how does a non alcoholic western drink = any sort of decadent lifestyle?

جوري
07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
So you don't think you should denounce this muslim 'hypocrisy' so as to defend islam from the claim of duplicity!
No I don't think I should denounce the acts of other Muslims or the alleged acts of other Muslims. Each soul is held in pledge of its own deeds!
Because, you haven't been short of words in trying to derail my points and other posts, have you!
This post isn't about homos, or hypocrisy, if you desire to make such a thread then make a separate one before you decide whether this post is derailed or not!
Why does islam the 'final way', need the support of the kuffar?
Who said it does? kaffirs insinuate themselves to see what fortune they can steal or land to assimilate into and call it their own!
Please put your specs on and re-read:
it is funny that you think yourself of some grand importance that anyone would have to pay heed to your occasional barking!

How does this concern me?

I posted before:
See previous replies and pay close attention to the one where I have stated, that each person is responsible for their own deeds!

Do you have difficulty registering my previous responses?
Aha
You can talk about it until you are blue in the face, it is of no consequence! troll..

all the best

Woodrow
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a major problem with boycot, in particular boycots against Israel. Can anybody name one product shipped internationaly that does not bring profit to Israel? Israel commerce has pretty much tied up all finanacing, international shipping etc. Every product we buy will be either:

1. Providing tax revenue to a country that gives financial assistance to Israel

2. Is shipped through shipping companies owned by and profiting Israel

3. Made by a company finaced by Israeli controlled brokerage firms

4. Made from products that meet any or all of the above

I believe every internationally shipped product bbrings profit to Israel, be it oil produced in Kuwait and shipped to Soamalia to halal beef shipped from any nation to another nation. Even Palestinian made products, made within Gaza or the West Bank by Palestinians profit Israel when they are shipped beyond the borders of Gaza or the West Bank.

This modern world of international corporations makes it virtually impossible to have a specific boycot towards a specific country. Can target the brands of a country the brand is most identified with, but that does not mean it is even owned by people in that country. Many US brands of today are owned by people in China, India, Bangladesh and elsewhere

A few years ago a city in one of our mid western states set out with a plan to buy only American made products. The city solicited bids for new police cars and threw out the low bid from Toyota accepting the bid from Ford as it was a US product. Turned out the Toyotas are built in the USA and the Ford's were built in Canada. Boycots are confusing these days.

But going back, can anybody name one internationally sold product that does not assist Israel?.

1Ummah1Deen
07-12-2010, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have a major problem with boycot, in particular boycots against Israel. Can anybody name one product shipped internationaly that does not bring profit to Israel? Israel commerce has pretty much tied up all finanacing, international shipping etc. Every product we buy will be either:

4. Made from products that meet any or all of the above

I believe every internationally shipped product bbrings profit to Israel, be it oil produced in Kuwait and shipped to Soamalia to halal beef shipped from any nation to another nation. Even Palestinian made products, made within Gaza or the West Bank by Palestinians profit Israel when they are shipped beyond the borders of Gaza or the West Bank.

This modern world of international corporations makes it virtually impossible to have a specific boycot towards a specific country. Can target the brands of a country the brand is most identified with, but that does not mean it is even owned by people in that country. Many US brands of today are owned by people in China, India, Bangladesh and elsewhere

A few years ago a city in one of our mid western states set out with a plan to buy only American made products. The city solicited bids for new police cars and threw out the low bid from Toyota accepting the bid from Ford as it was a US product. Turned out the Toyotas are built in the USA and the Ford's were built in Canada. Boycots are confusing these days.

But going back, can anybody name one internationally sold product that does not assist Israel?.
Salams, brother i completely agree with you, we must be realistic. We all want to help and liberate our brothers and sisters in Palestine, our intention is there and masha'allah the ummah work so hard in raising awareness, giving charity etc. But we need to ask ourselves will this change anything?Will it stop our ummah being killed, maimed, treated worse than rats?

The answer is no,if we look at the state of Israel it is very poor in natural resources it has no means to support itself yet this country the size of scotland has an economy of $185 billion, how?Through various deals with Britain, America the West who were the masterminds behind the creation of the illegal zionist state Israel. So i think we really need to be focused and be realistic even if we were to boycott all products, Israel has the economic support of the western governments, even if the whole muslim population wrote to their Mps at the end of the day the British government will still portect their'dear ally' Israel, subhan'allah evry option which people try we will always be stopped because its not about right/wrong its about protecting interests which is what the capitalist society is all about.

Honestly thats why i feel we need put all of our efforts into taking action, calling the muslim armies to unite under Islam and liberate all of the ummah insha'allah we will see an end to these situations we are facing, its not unrealistic people argue that you can't touch Israel they are the most efficient in their milkitary technology, well look at these figures :

Published figures show that the Muslim armies combined outnumber the Israeli forces by a ratio of 68 Muslim soldiers to one Israeli soldier. The Muslim countries spend almost 17 times more on their military budgets than Israel. So it is clear that a united Muslim armed force is the dominant military power in the region. Even with their advanced military technology, the Israelis cannot overcome such a large military force.

Total Military Manpower fit foir service:

Israel - 2,836,722
Egypt - 35,558,995 - Iran also has a similar amount
Muslim Middle East - 182,058,952

Even if only Hosni Mubarak of Egypt were to grow a pair and defend the muslims instead of helping Israel to slaughter them, send the eygptian army in, i doubt they would have much of a fight on their hands!

The reality is all the muslim leaders we have today are cowards who look after themselves and have no fear of Allah, because if they did they would remember the hadith when the Prophet SAW said that one drop of muslims blood was worth more than the kabaa and its surroundings, subhana'allah where is the protector of the muslims?

Dagless
07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I have a major problem with boycot, in particular boycots against Israel. Can anybody name one product shipped internationaly that does not bring profit to Israel?
Lots of countries give aid to Israel. Does that mean boycotts don't work? If everyone thought like that there would never be any change. The aim is not to cut off every penny but to make an impact.

Israel commerce has pretty much tied up all finanacing, international shipping etc. Every product we buy will be either:

4. Made from products that meet any or all of the
By not buying goods produced in Israel or brands which support Israel, Israel will be getting a smaller cut, therefore its wealth will decrease.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't, but you can say for sure an item made is Israel will give more to the Israeli economy than an item made in China.

Does this even matter? If CompanyX is owned by Indians and is supporting Israel, the boycott will give the company less money and therefore their donations to Israel will be less. I don't care who owns it, only that less money makes its way to illegal settlements.

This is why I was asking for a definitive list with sources earlier.

Woodrow
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Lots of countries give aid to Israel. Does that mean boycotts don't work? If everyone thought like that there would never be any change. The aim is not to cut off every penny but to make an impact.

By not buying goods produced in Israel or brands which support Israel, Israel will be getting a smaller cut, therefore its wealth will decrease.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't, but you can say for sure an item made is Israel will give more to the Israeli economy than an item made in China.

Does this even matter? If CompanyX is owned by Indians and is supporting Israel, the boycott will give the company less money and therefore their donations to Israel will be less. I don't care who owns it, only that less money makes its way to illegal settlements.

This is why I was asking for a definitive list with sources earlier.

I will simply just go back to one of my earlier comments:

I ask for anybody to name a single internationaly sold product, that does not financially benefit Israel.

Very few Israeli made products are sold outside of Israel. Many if not most Israeli products are made in the West Bank or Gaza and made by Palestinians.

The major income for Israel comes from foreign investments, banking and brokerage services. We can boycott every Israeli made product to the point that they can not be sold and it will have zero impact on the Israeli economy.

The top 10 Israeli exports:

1. Gem diamonds … US$9.5 billion – up 10.5% from 2006 (45.6% of Israel-to-U.S. exports)
2. Dental, medical and pharmaceutical preparations … $2.7 billion – up 3.5% (12.9%)
3. Telecommunications equipment … $746.8 million – up 17.6% (3.6%)
4. Complete civilian aircraft … $685.9 million – up 41.6% (3.3%)
5. Other hospital, medical and scientific equipment … $655 million – up 12.6% (3.1%)
6. Electric apparatus and parts … $385.6 billion – up 11.3% (1.9%) appears to be an error, I am quite certain that should be million not billion
7. Civilian aircraft engines … $370.5 million – up 52.6% (1.8%)
8. Measuring, testing and control instruments … $337.1 million – down 9.8% (1.6%)
9. Other military equipment … $271.3 million – up 223.2% (1.3%)
10. Computer accessories, peripherals and parts … $254.6 billion – up 36.5% (1.2%). appears to be an error, I am quite certain that should be million not billion

SOURCE:http://import-export.suite101.com/ar...mports_exports

The majority of Israel income comes from worldwide business investments.

The Public Profile of just one of many Israeli Investment companies. Africa Israel Goup known as AFI Group:

Company Profile

Global Strategy:

AFI Group implements a global strategy focused on developing core activities in the fields of real estate, construction & infrastructure, energy and related industries. This strategy is aimed at expanding the Group’s business activities and maintaining growth through innovation and entrepreneurship, developing and managing large-scale projects in diverse locations worldwide, consolidating the Group’s economic strength and building up sustainable net income on a reliable basis, and leveraging the Group’s management capabilities and capital to attain future growth.

Real Estate:

AFI Development – Russia: Public company traded in the LSE. Founded in 2001, this company is one of the largest real estate developments companies in Russia, focusing on large scale projects in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Perm, Volgograd and other main cities in Russia in the residential, offices, shopping malls, hotels and infrastructure sectors, such as the Moscow City Shopping Mall and the Tverskaya Zastava site.

AFI USA: Established in 2002, the company focuses on exclusive residential projects, income producing properties and hotels. The company is active in New York where it owns the New York Times Building, the “Clock Tower” and the APTHORP exclusive residential building. It is moreover active in Miami, Los Angeles and Phoenix, and is a partner in the Hard Rock amusement park in Myrtle Beach South Carolina (under construction) and holds building rights for a mega project in Las Vegas.

AFI Europe: The company has been coordinating the group’s activities in Europe since 1998. It owns residential, office and shopping mall projects in the Czech Republic, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Germany and Latvia. Among its outstanding assets is the “Palace Flora” mall in Prague and is building the “Kotroceni Park” in Bucharest, which upon its completion will become the largest mall in Romania.

AFI Asia Pacific: Active in real estate in the Philippines since 2005

Assets in Israel: The company owns hundreds of thousands of sq.m. of income-producing properties, five shopping malls, three science and industrial parks and office towers.

Africa Israel Residences: Operating in Israel under the highly prestigious “Savionim” brand name, Africa Israel develops entire neighborhoods including shopping centers, schools, green areas, cultural and sports facilities. The company has been ranked as the best and most reliable residential company in the country.

Construction & Infrastructures:

Danya Cebus: The company is the construction and infrastructures arm of Africa Israel, trading on the TASE Danya Cebus leads most of Israel’s major infrastructure projects and is active in Russia and Romania.

BOT & PFI Projects: Africa Israel owns 37.5% of the company operating the Trans-Israel Highway, Israel’s first toll road. Other BOT and PFI activities include Highway 431, Israel’s first private penitentiary, student dormitories at the Hebrew University and the Tel Aviv Light Railway.

Energy:

Alon Group: Consists of Alon Oil, Israel’s largest international energy group; Alon USA which operates the “Big Spring” refinery, 1,700 FINA gas stations in several states, terminals, more than 1,850 miles of oil pipelines, asphalt factories and more than 170 7-Eleven convenience stores.
Dor Energy: A national network of gas stations and Super Alonit convenience stores in Israel, controlling also Blue Square, Israel’s second largest supermarket chain.

AFI Industries:
Africa Israel holds a major interest in AFI Industries (formerly Packer Plada), Israel’s largest steel company and Negev Ceramics, the country’s leading company in design and manufacture of building and interior design ceramic products. AFI Industries is also active in Russia and intends to expand its activities to additional countries.

Other Activities:

Tourism & Leisure: Africa Israel Hotels holds the Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn franchise in Israel, operates 10 hotels in Israel (2,250 rooms) a Spa Hotel in Kislovodsk, Russia (400 rooms), a hotel in Germany and 3 hotels in Bucharest, Romania and is expanding its operations in Europe. It also holds and operates an amusement park in Eilat, Israel

AFI Brands: The company’s fashion Brands include Gottex, Gideon Oberson, Christina (Canada) and other beachwear international brands, and the Zara and Pull & Bear franchises in Israel.

Communications & Media: The company has a controlling stake in Tadiran Telecom which develops telecom solutions and in “Israel Plus” – Channel 9, a TV station serving Russian speakers.

Asset Management: Africa Israel Investment House is engaged in management of financial assets and funds, underwriting and other financial services rendered to leading entities and private individuals.
SOURCE:
p://www.afigroup-global.com/afigroup_company_profile.htm"]http://www.afigroup-global.com/afigroup_company_profile.htm[/URL]

This is just one of many Israeli investment companies. Boycotting any product will only result in more sales from another company owned by Israeli investors. The major business of Israeli is controlling world businesses, not any product manufacturing. You can not find any internationally sold product that is not at some point profitable to an Israeli Investment company.

Israel does not depend on manufacturing, it depends on the success of any non-Israeli Business world wide. Buy the material to build a katusa rocket to shoot at Israelis and the buying will profit Israel. Many of the weapons owned by anti-Israel companies are bought from companies owned by Israeli investors.

We can not boycott Israel. It simply is not possible. But we can, as mentioned by another poster, be certain to buy from Muslim companies whenever possible. At least that will assist some of our Brothers and sisters, even though Israel will still benefit from the sale.

Dagless
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I will simply just go back to one of my earlier comments:

I ask for anybody to name a single internationaly sold product, that does not financially benefit Israel.
As has been already mentioned it is not so much that it benefits them but to the degree they are benefited.

Very few Israeli made products are sold outside of Israel. Many if not most Israeli products are made in the West Bank or Gaza and made by Palestinians.
Doesn't the list you posted directly contradict this statement?

We can boycott every Israeli made product to the point that they can not be sold and it will have zero impact on the Israeli economy.
This is just plain wrong. If Israeli products and services cannot be sold, it will be hurt. You cannot compare aid or investment with goods. The money from aid goes in very few pockets and is spent for defence etc. The average man will see very little of it. If goods (technology, agriculture, diamonds, whatever) are boycotted, demand will be less, the need for workers will be less, therefore unemployment will grow.
Even if you do not agree with the above statement, boycotting will still hurt Israel by lowering the money going into Israel from its supporters (they will have less money to give if they are making less money), and most importantly it will raise awareness.
The boycotting will grow and grow as more people learn about it. By sitting back and saying "oh well its not going to make any difference anyway" you're indirectly advocating what's happening. Even if Israel lose £1k, that will still be £1k worth of bullets not used.

The top 10 Israeli exports:

1. Gem diamonds … US$9.5 billion – up 10.5% from 2006 (45.6% of Israel-to-U.S. exports)
2. Dental, medical and pharmaceutical preparations … $2.7 billion – up 3.5% (12.9%)
3. Telecommunications equipment … $746.8 million – up 17.6% (3.6%)
4. Complete civilian aircraft … $685.9 million – up 41.6% (3.3%)
5. Other hospital, medical and scientific equipment … $655 million – up 12.6% (3.1%)
6. Electric apparatus and parts … $385.6 billion – up 11.3% (1.9%) appears to be an error, I am quite certain that should be million not billion
7. Civilian aircraft engines … $370.5 million – up 52.6% (1.8%)
8. Measuring, testing and control instruments … $337.1 million – down 9.8% (1.6%)
9. Other military equipment … $271.3 million – up 223.2% (1.3%)
10. Computer accessories, peripherals and parts … $254.6 billion – up 36.5% (1.2%). appears to be an error, I am quite certain that should be million not billion

SOURCE:http://import-export.suite101.com/ar...mports_exports
With the exception of 4, 7, and 9 everything else can be boycotted by most people. From the figures you've shown it should cause major impact.
You also cannot quote the source but then say the figures are wrong when it goes against your argument :p

The majority of Israel income comes from worldwide business investments.
It doesn't matter, the point is to decrease income and raise awareness. It is a statement.

It's a personal choice and not everyone will agree with it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Woodrow
07-16-2010, 07:14 AM
As has been already mentioned it is not so much that it benefits them but to the degree they are benefited.

Doesn't the list you posted directly contradict this statement?

This is just plain wrong. If Israeli products and services cannot be sold, it will be hurt. You cannot compare aid or investment with goods. The money from aid goes in very few pockets and is spent for defence etc. The average man will see very little of it. If goods (technology, agriculture, diamonds, whatever) are boycotted, demand will be less, the need for workers will be less, therefore unemployment will grow.
Even if you do not agree with the above statement, boycotting will still hurt Israel by lowering the money going into Israel from its supporters (they will have less money to give if they are making less money), and most importantly it will raise awareness.
The boycotting will grow and grow as more people learn about it. By sitting back and saying "oh well its not going to make any difference anyway" you're indirectly advocating what's happening. Even if Israel lose £1k, that will still be £1k worth of bullets not used.

With the exception of 4, 7, and 9 everything else can be boycotted by most people. From the figures you've shown it should cause major impact.
You also cannot quote the source but then say the figures are wrong when it goes against your argument :p

It doesn't matter, the point is to decrease income and raise awareness. It is a statement.

It's a personal choice and not everyone will agree with it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
If you look back at the post by Dagless you will notice he mentioned Israel has a budget of about 185 Billion. The 10 industries I mentioned have a total income of less than 15 billion less than 10% of Israels income. Production and products are not the source of financial support for Israel, it is investment in other countries and as Brother Dagless mentioned:

The answer is no,if we look at the state of Israel it is very poor in natural resources it has no means to support itself yet this country the size of scotland has an economy of $185 billion, how?Through various deals with Britain, America the West who were the masterminds behind the creation of the illegal zionist state Israel.
Israel does not depend on income from the the production of any product, they depend on the economy of other nations.The only way I see possible to boycott Israel is to stop the international sales of all products and each country survive only upon what it produces within it's own borders. If any product is sold internationally, Israel will benefit. However the world has become so intertwined, I doubt if any country today is capable of surviving only on the products produced within it's own borders.

Lynx
07-16-2010, 07:33 AM
i agree with woodrow. boycotting products i doubt will make much of a difference to israel and the occupation of palestinian land. i mean the statement being made is noble but i think the only real way to make a difference is political pressure. in reality israel is so backed up by the U.S simply because there are a lot of pro-israel influences in the government. if critics of israel can manage to become as influential, THEN differences can be made.

Dagless
07-16-2010, 10:00 PM
and as Brother Dagless mentioned:
I think someone else said that.

However the world has become so intertwined, I doubt if any country today is capable of surviving only on the products produced within it's own borders.
I believe this in relation to the US.

As I said; time will tell. By hurting countries which support Israel and raising awareness (which is already happening in Europe) there can only be benefit (imo).

Woodrow
07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I think someone else said that.

I believe this in relation to the US.

As I said; time will tell. By hurting countries which support Israel and raising awareness (which is already happening in Europe) there can only be benefit (imo).
It probably was somebody else I tried to quote from. I apologize for getting names mixed up.

Just my opinion, I do see boycotts hurting countries that support Israel, but I doubt that will cause even a small hardship to Israel. It is fine to boycott the countries you or anybody has an issue with. But, I don't think we should fool ourselves into thinking that is going to hurt Israel.

The solution I see is for the USA and the UK to admit they made a grave error by stealing the land and thinking that could become a stable nation. Already many here in the US are very tired of our government spending our money to feed a sick puppy that needs to be put to sleep. We need to concentrate on what is happening here in the USA. A very large portion of our population is living in inadequate housing, without proper schooling or medical care. Not just the native Americans who are pushed onto hell holes called reservations but also many non-white people who are kept from jobs and live in inner city ghettos. Many if not most Americans are very poor and live in poverty. We need help and do not appreciate money being wasted to support Zionism.

marwen
07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
i think the only real way to make a difference is political pressure.
That's a good point, but who can do political pressure ?
1) ordinary people ? => no they can't do it directly.
2) our governments/Presidents ? => they are puppets, dude ! They can't decide what to eat for lunch before asking the US.
3) ordinary people inciting local presidents to talk with Israel ? => tried but didn't work.

We need a low-level action : ie. an action feasible by ordinary citizens, as our governments are not really representing us. Boycott is a possible solution.

Yes I know some people just can't do it : for example, muslims living in Israel or in Denmark, they can't boycott these countries products, they'll die. That's appliable at an extent to people living in Europe or in USA. But for independent muslim countries, they can do it. There are local substitute products at least for the vital products, we won't die if we do the boycott.

Woodrow
07-16-2010, 11:23 PM
One of my pet peeves. Probably the pet peeve of many Americans. Why the tarnation are we sending money to Israel? Much of American is in greater need. A boycott is not needed, what is needed is for our wasichu government in far away Washington DC to see Americans need the money that is being wasted on feeding Israel. The average Israeli is much more wealthy than many Americans. The avererage individual income in Israel is:

$17,046

SOURCE

The average income in North Dakota Is:

$17,769

This decreases rapidly in the towns that are predominantly Native American.

# Loraine city, North Dakota $7,810
# Four Bears Village CDP, North Dakota $7,681
# Ardoch city, North Dakota $7,306
# Larson city, North Dakota $7,263
# Haynes city, North Dakota $6,633
# White Shield CDP, North Dakota $6,603
# Kief city, North Dakota $6,467
# Mandaree CDP, North Dakota $6,179
# Cannon Ball CDP, North Dakota $5,717
# Rawson city, North Dakota $5,467
# Balfour city, North Dakota $5,408
# Fort Totten CDP, North Dakota $5,165
# Shell Valley CDP, North Dakota $4,948
# Calio city, North Dakota $3,711
# East Dunseith CDP, North Dakota $3,026
# Hove Mobile Park city, North Dakota $0

SOURCE

Americans need to wake up and see the need to take care of our own, before wasting taxpayer money on Israel

FS123
07-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Well said!

Lynx
07-18-2010, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
That's a good point, but who can do political pressure ?
1) ordinary people ? => no they can't do it directly.
2) our governments/Presidents ? => they are puppets, dude ! They can't decide what to eat for lunch before asking the US.
3) ordinary people inciting local presidents to talk with Israel ? => tried but didn't work.

We need a low-level action : ie. an action feasible by ordinary citizens, as our governments are not really representing us. Boycott is a possible solution.

Yes I know some people just can't do it : for example, muslims living in Israel or in Denmark, they can't boycott these countries products, they'll die. That's appliable at an extent to people living in Europe or in USA. But for independent muslim countries, they can do it. There are local substitute products at least for the vital products, we won't die if we do the boycott.
Well I don't know how you can do it. I am certain the boycott strategy will never gain enough support to actually make a difference because there's too much to boycot so people see it as an impractical solution. The point is this: Pro-Israeli people are able to influence government and so there should be some sort of counter-influence. If the masses could unite and voice their opinion then this might be possible. Increasing awareness is a huge step to this goal.

also, even if you cut some of the funding Israel gets it won't stop them from persecuting palestinians because israel is can fund itself it wnated to continue militar yoperations. they might be slowed down but they have a centuries worth of a head start. moreover, they still get funding from the american government directly which can't be boycotted. israel needs to be told by the international community not to do these things and the biggest force that stops the international community from actually doing anything to israel when they abuse human rights is the USA so if the USA could shake loose the influence of pro israel people then maybe something can be done.

Lynx
07-18-2010, 06:03 AM
One of my pet peeves. Probably the pet peeve of many Americans. Why the tarnation are we sending money to Israel? Much of American is in greater need. A boycott is not needed, what is needed is for our wasichu government in far away Washington DC to see Americans need the money that is being wasted on feeding Israel. The average Israeli is much more wealthy than many Americans. The avererage individual income in Israel is:

$17,046

SOURCE

The average income in North Dakota Is:

$17,769

This decreases rapidly in the towns that are predominantly Native American.

# Loraine city, North Dakota $7,810
# Four Bears Village CDP, North Dakota $7,681
# Ardoch city, North Dakota $7,306
# Larson city, North Dakota $7,263
# Haynes city, North Dakota $6,633
# White Shield CDP, North Dakota $6,603
# Kief city, North Dakota $6,467
# Mandaree CDP, North Dakota $6,179
# Cannon Ball CDP, North Dakota $5,717
# Rawson city, North Dakota $5,467
# Balfour city, North Dakota $5,408
# Fort Totten CDP, North Dakota $5,165
# Shell Valley CDP, North Dakota $4,948
# Calio city, North Dakota $3,711
# East Dunseith CDP, North Dakota $3,026
# Hove Mobile Park city, North Dakota $0

SOURCE

Americans need to wake up and see the need to take care of our own, before wasting taxpayer money on Israel
politicians are too dependent on the funding from pro-israeli groups in their elections.

Karl
07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
What, KFC as well? LOL. I bought KFC just last week because I was always told that they were affiliated to the KKK, but now they're Zionist? Oh no!

__follower
07-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Boycotting is da only way we can show our discontent to the kafirs , as we are relli weak to convince them to our ways like they did to us .
its hurts to think how weak v are but its all our fault

Woodrow
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by __follower
Boycotting is da only way we can show our discontent to the kafirs , as we are relli weak to convince them to our ways like they did to us .
its hurts to think how weak v are but its all our fault
I personally think that the world powers are no longer any nation. To me it seems that overall national governments have fallen and all are pawns of "Big Businesss" International corporations have become the dominate world government.

In economics it has long been taught or believed that 20% of the world's population controls 80% of the world's wealth. I believe we finaly reached the point where that 20% is no longer concentrated within any nation, but the corporate world has become the overall dominate government. Essentially 80% of the world is now the slave of big business.

Boycotting may no longer be a usable tool as the people most likely to be affected are the ones we are trying to help. There is no longer any such thing as a product being sold, which does not support the corporate world and that in turn supports any nation it desires to support.. Our desire for an easy life style and personal gain has made all of us pawns of industry.

It seems that if we buy any product, engage in working in any business outside the home, or sell any products we do not produce in our own homes by our own hands, we will inevitably support Israel or a comparable nation.

We are all guilty of having sought a material life style and in doing so while we made life easier, we have sold ourselves into slavery to the wealthy 20% who control the wealth.

We can all gripe, fight, and boycott but unless we break away from the corporate grip, we will accomplish nothing except to make the materialistic rulers richer.

We have paid a very high price for our individual desires to be Lawyers, teachers, doctors, managers, and corporate executives instead of product providers for our families. We have paid a highprice and much of the world now suffers because we all wanted jobs that keep our hands clean and free from physical labor.

syed_z
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
We have paid a very high price for our individual desires to be Lawyers, teachers, doctors, managers, and corporate executives instead of product providers for our families. We have paid a highprice and much of the world now suffers because we all wanted jobs that keep our hands clean and free from physical labor.
Salaam.. well wouldn't the physical labor also keep us under the control of 20% ?

Rhubarb Tart
07-18-2010, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
What, KFC as well? LOL. I bought KFC just last week because I was always told that they were affiliated to the KKK, but now they're Zionist? Oh no!
Salam

You do know that KFC products are not halal even when they say it is? Just like Greggs says vegetable pasty is suitable for vegetarians yet the pasty is made with animal product. :)

wow you brought KFC when someone told you, they were affiliated to KKK? That was not enough to stop you?:p

Woodrow
07-18-2010, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Salaam.. well wouldn't the physical labor also keep us under the control of 20% ?
Yes, if you are performing the labor for a corporation. But, life was not always like that and need not be. Not very long ago everybody knew the owner of the company they worked for and sought to work for those who shared things in common with them.

Zafran
07-18-2010, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam

You do know that KFC products are not halal even when they say it is? Just like Greggs says vegetable pasty is suitable for vegetarians yet the pasty is made with animal product. :)

wow you brought KFC when someone told you, they were affiliated to KKK? That was not enough to stop you?:p
salaam

where I live there is a halal KFC and Nando - if they were lying especially about being suitable for vegeterians then there would have been an uproar.

I have never eaten from greggs and insh Allah never will.

peace

Rhubarb Tart
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

where I live there is a halal KFC and Nando - if they were lying especially about being suitable for vegeterians then there would have been an uproar.

peace
wa alaykum e-salam

Have you seen how KFC care and kill their animals? Do you honestly think they would spare time (and money) to make it halal? The KFC is the worse company when it comes to animal welfare. I hardly doubt they would make their food halal considering they dont give a flying monkeys about animal conditions to speed the process. Why would they bother slowing down the process to make it halal considering it would also cut their profit. I dont know about Nando.

I eat the cakes from greggs, caramel doughnut is my favourite.

Woodrow
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

peace

It does seem there are halal KFC's Check the following link

http://yp.theemiratesnetwork.com/sea.../saudi_arabia/

Karl
07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Salam

Well the KKK boycott Isreal and hate Zionists, times are changing and the KKK are evolving, maybe they will turn towards Allah one day. As the Christian churches now are all Zionist, socialist and gay (they give millions of dollars to gay boys for relationships with priests) and agents of the Anti Christ serving the global evil order. I can't see the KKK has a choice. They could go back to the old Norse pagan religion of their race but it has been long forgotten and has no influence in the world now. They might be considered as white power fanatics but the "Nation of Islam" movement in the US is seen as black power fanatics. But they will one day realize that "Power is mine, said the Lord."
And Halal food is a marketing thing these days. You can't be sure it's truely Halal. At the end of the day it's not the end of the world if the food isn't perfect. It's not wise to be a total do gooder, look what happened to Job. :)

Rhubarb Tart
07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Well the KKK boycott Isreal and hate Zionists, times are changing and the KKK are evolving, maybe they will turn towards Allah one day. As the Christian churches now are all Zionist, socialist and gay (they give millions of dollars to gay boys for relationships with priests) and agents of the Anti Christ serving the global evil order. I can't see the KKK has a choice. They could go back to the old Norse pagan religion of their race but it has been long forgotten and has no influence in the world now. They might be considered as white power fanatics but the "Nation of Islam" movement in the US is seen as black power fanatics. But they will one day realize that "Power is mine, said the Lord."
And Halal food is a marketing thing these days. You can't be sure it's truely Halal. At the end of the day it's not the end of the world if the food isn't perfect. It's not wise to be a total do gooder, look what happened to Job. :)
KKK hates me and any other human being that has darker skin then them. Next time you would be telling me how the Nazi has changed. Regardless, if they have “changed”, doesn’t change the atrocities they have committed in the name of religion ideology and race.

And maybe if I post proof of KFC poor conduct towards animals, people would stop buying from them. I am sure Halal meat is more than just cutting animals from the throat and saying words. I pretty sure the Halal process also includes taking care of the animals not stuffing them in one room and treating them like crap. Maybe I am wrong. If so, please enlighten me? :)

Allah (swt) may ask why we won’t brother to buy the Halal meat from butcher shop and cook the food for ourselves. And if we were not entirely sure whether the meat was Halal from Halal butcher shop, why not be a vegetarian then supporting those that treat animals like dirt, really? :)

Pygoscelis
07-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Regarding "halal" meats. Is there any central regulating body that can stop people from putting a "halal meat" label on whatever they want? My local gyro restaurant advertises "halal meat" but how can I know if it actually is halal?

Woodrow
07-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Regarding "halal" meats. Is there any central regulating body that can stop people from putting a "halal meat" label on whatever they want? My local gyro restaurant advertises "halal meat" but how can I know if it actually is halal?
Sadly in much of the world you have to rely on the trustworthiness of the seller. Although here in the USA some states and local governments are passing laws that if something is labelled halal the seller has to be able to verify it is. But I don't know how this is or can be adequatly monitored. The little halal meat I find here I know who raised it and who slaughtered it. A friend of mine is raising goats near Fargo.

Karl
07-20-2010, 01:10 AM
KKK hates me and any other human being that has darker skin then them. Next time you would be telling me how the Nazi has changed. Regardless, if they have “changed”, doesn’t change the atrocities they have committed in the name of religion ideology and race.

And maybe if I post proof of KFC poor conduct towards animals, people would stop buying from them. I am sure Halal meat is more than just cutting animals from the throat and saying words. I pretty sure the Halal process also includes taking care of the animals not stuffing them in one room and treating them like crap. Maybe I am wrong. If so, please enlighten me? :)

Allah (swt) may ask why we won’t brother to buy the Halal meat from butcher shop and cook the food for ourselves. And if we were not entirely sure whether the meat was Halal from Halal butcher shop, why not be a vegetarian then supporting those that treat animals like dirt, really? :)
Just boycott the KKK and meat, problem solved Sweet. Don't forget to boycott the evil Zionist supporting companies the "Multi Death Corporations"and nations of the "Axis of Infidels". Boycott anti Islamic charities eg Tear Fund, Save the Children, World Vision, UNICEF, UNESCO and all other United Nation branches of the Zionist global socialist order.

~Raindrop~
07-20-2010, 01:20 AM
We have the Halal Monitoring Committee (http://www.halalmc.net/) organisation in the UK which is steadily gaining popularity. To my knowledge, it's the only organisation that's trustworthy when certifying and monitoring outlets, because of their strict criteria.
Apart from that, it's as Grandpa Woodrow said.

Woodrow
07-20-2010, 01:57 AM

It is not just KFC chicken, it is any commercially raised chicken in most of the USA. KFC does not raise many chickens, if any that I am aware of. The local franchise owners, in most places buy the name and the batter mixes from KFC, but buy the chicken from the lowest priced source available to them. Here in the USA it is usually in bulk from the cramped chicken farms found throughout Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Same areas that are notorious for puppy mills and inhumane pig farms. Same places Tyson buys their chickens and most other brand name chickens come from. One of the poorest regions in the USA with the average farmer earning far below the national average. Because the people are struggling to earn a living they raise as many chickens as possible in the smallest area possible. To a poor person the possible income from raising chickens is a strong incentive to raise them. Those states have virtually no industry, very little tillable acreage for vegetable crops and very few sources for income except the raising of small livestock such as chickens and rabbits. To many of those small farmers raising chickens seems to be their only means of survival.

The conditions are as horrible as pictures and reports show them to be. There are no Federal laws that govern the raising of livestock, just some health laws that govern interstate shipment of the meat. Which is concerned more with the presence of E. Coli and has nothing to do with the livestock while it is living. The states that this farms operate in are poverty ridden and the state legislatures are not about to pass any legislation that is likely to hurt the income of the residents. The final result it is almost impossible to find halal chickens in the USA unless you have a friend who raises them and you slaughter them yourself.

Why do these people raise the Chickens perhaps because of this:

Report: More Arkansas children in poverty now than a generation ago
Posted on 10 June 2010

By John Lyon
Arkansas News Bureau

LITTLE ROCK — More Arkansas children are living in poverty now than a generation ago, according to a report released today.

Based on 2008 data, 24.9 percent of Arkansas children live in poverty, compared to 22.6 percent 31 years ago, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families reports in “Child Poverty in Arkansas 2010: A Deepening Problem.”

The report draws on U.S. Census data and uses the federal poverty level. In 2008, a family of four earning less than $21,000 a year was considered to be living in poverty.
In 1979, a family of four earning less than $7,412 was considered poor.

The report notes that Arkansas’ child poverty rate is higher than the national rate of 18.2 percent.

The poverty rate for children in Arkansas is higher than the poverty rate for adults. Among Arkansas adults ages 18-64, 15.3 percent live in poverty. Among Arkansas adults over 65, 12.5 percent live in poverty.
SOURCE

Neither KFC nor Israel would be hurt by any boycott of KFC, but people like these will be. Same goes for boycotting any company. The poverty impact in those states will have no impact on Washington DC. The voting population is insignificant and carries no weight on the Federal Level

bewildred
07-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, well, I've adopted the boycot strategy for some years. I don't think that when I'll boycot those products, I'll ruin their companies. However, whenever Israel kill our brothers and sisters and when I see that killer coutry bombing Gaza, instead of crying and hating it, I know that, at least, I'm doing the only thing I could do..."Ad'af al eeman".

However, the other day, I was watching a documentary about the tunnel through which goods were transported to Gaza. People there were buying the things we are boycotting. So, I don't know what to think....

sister herb
07-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Salam alaykum;

I didn´t vote because there weren´t right choice. I do try my best to boycot those zionist products and also companies support them if it is possible. But boycoting is not only way to resist as here are many others - anyone can do what is suitable and possible to him. Even spreading rightfull information about crimes of zionists is resisting.

I have sended money and help to Palestine but it is just as first aid. It doesn´t resolve they whole problems with brutal occupation but may relief needs of some individuals for short period. Supporting some military organizations for getting more weapons doesn´t resolve all problems - zionists get huge aid for military field from other countries, specially from USA. By they attacks against Palestinians they even "test" some new various of weapons like those DIME weapons before.

Non-violent resistance may works too - right now in the West Bank it seems to be so danger "weapon" to occupiers that they arrest and kill even leaders of non-violent resistance as like they do to other resistance. This is of course bad "image" to them: assasinate or arrest man with weapon looks in media different than assasinate man with empty hands.

As I wrote here are many ways and we have to use all of them at the same time - boycot, support, spread information, teach others what is real situation, make voluntary work by those fields we can, keep contacts to Palestine and learn more about they daily situation.

Refuse to be quiet. And remember together we are stronger.

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Boycotts do work as sis An33za displayed in one of her posts. But it is not due to muslims not being united that makes them less effective - because when it comes to Muslims V Kufaar, most muslims will stick together. It's the lack of awareness of the following that's made boycotting less effective:

1. the suffering of the muslims in countries not their own
2. Lack of awareness of boycotting, it's effectiveness and which products/countries to boycott.
3. ignorance of the deen, which if studied would create more awareness of the first situation

As internet users we see things that the media otherwise covers up; take the pictures sis An33za posted for instance. For every muslim who uses the internet, there are at least five who don't. I know tons of such families/people. Their children don't even have the internet. They are never exposed to the information we have. If boycotting is going to achieve better results then I say we have to create more awareness. That can only be done if people are willing to make the effort by educating their families, friends, taking the matter to any place where muslim communities gather, such as mosques and other venues. As they say it pays to advertise. But if this effort isn't made then we can just sit here waiting and hoping and talking about it.

jayrag123
07-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Has a boxcot ever worked to change the behaviors of certain countries or corporations.What country are we planning on boycoting.

Woodrow
08-03-2010, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jayrag123
Has a boxcot ever worked to change the behaviors of certain countries or corporations.What country are we planning on boycoting.

To see how effective a boycott can be look at Cuba. Since the early 1960s the USA has boycotted all Cuban made products. In fact to the point it is illegal to own Cuban made products in the USA.

You can see how effective that has been in getting tiny Cuba to give up communism and become a democracy.

BTW: I think the boycott was finally lifted recently.

north_malaysian
08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
We have it in Malaysia.

Dagless
08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
To see how effective a boycott can be look at Cuba. Since the early 1960s the USA has boycotted all Cuban made products. In fact to the point it is illegal to own Cuban made products in the USA.

You can see how effective that has been in getting tiny Cuba to give up communism and become a democracy.

BTW: I think the boycott was finally lifted recently.
That was an embargo (an order by one country's government), not a boycott (a protest by the people of many countries).

format_quote Originally Posted by jayrag123
Yes, most recently they played a role in raising awareness and ending apartheid in South Africa.

Pygoscelis
08-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Cuba has a democracy? I mean more than the sham democracy they have always had under Fidel? I don't think the US embargo accomplished anything positive but I'm no historian of Cuba.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!