/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Click on here, or else! ~

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 12:20 PM
lol Aslaamu`alaaykum my dear Brothers and Sisters and Brothers and Sisters of Humanity :)

I have a few Qs regarding marriage that of marrying someone of different race,culture to yourself!
Well this is always the case that MOST (correct me if am wrong) parents want their daughters/sons to marry someone of their Ethnicity ,race or whatever way you wanna put it.

Right well my Q is , is that wrong? What if the daughter/sons will is not to marry someone of their own background but another background etc, but parents think its best to marry someone from your own background .anyways, what does Islaam say about this?

I think as long as he/she a muslim (practising muslim) the background and the other rubbish doesnt matter!
And no im not asking this Q on the behalf of myself lol just curiosity almost killed the Goat :-\
I would like to know what Islaam says about this, are the parents committing a sin to not let their child marry someone from a different background etc. or lets just say even of their choice?

Could you please provide sources InshaAllaah.
And if i do not make sense, feel free to say :D
Jazakallahu Khaayran

Indeedy :D

So yeah *Looks at everyone in a funny way:skeleton:*

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
In Islam there is no culture, race or nationality. We are either Muslim or not Muslim. There is nothing in the Qur'an that gives lists any restrictions in marriage regarding Race, culture or socio-economic status.

The burden of proof falls upon whoever says different. If a person says that Islam tells us the culture of who we are to marry let that person show the ayyat of hadith that says so.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
In Islam there is no culture, race or nationality. We are either Muslim or not Muslim. There is nothing in the Qur'an that gives lists any restrictions in marriage regarding Race, culture or socio-economic status.

The burden of proof falls upon whoever says different. If a person says that Islam tells us the culture of who we are to marry let that person show the ayyat of hadith that says so.
Exactly Bro. .
I agree with you
Even if you show the proof, they still deny it, its like they`re muslim and they reject the words of their Lord!
I dont know how to explain it, because when you do show them the ayahs they still reject them, they either say, this is something from the time of the prophet (saw), its not relevant etc.

It makes me angry, theyre lost and silly
SubhaanAllaah

Sawdah
06-19-2010, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
lol Aslaamu`alaaykum my dear Brothers and Sisters and Brothers and Sisters of Humanity :)
Wa Alaykumu Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh sis :smile:

I have a few Qs regarding marriage that of marrying someone of different race,culture to yourself!
Well this is always the case that MOST (correct me if am wrong) parents want their daughters/sons to marry someone of their Ethnicity ,race or whatever way you wanna put it.
Mhm...

Right well my Q is , is that wrong? What if the daughter/sons will is not to marry someone of their own background but another background etc, but parents think its best to marry someone from your own background .anyways, what does Islaam say about this?
Well, you shouldn't restrict yourself to one ethnicity, it's useless. You should look at the whole picture, like if he has a good character or is practicing iA.

I think as long as he/she a muslim (practising muslim) the background and the other rubbish doesnt matter!
And no im not asking this Q on the behalf of myself lol just curiosity almost killed the Goat :-\
I would like to know what Islaam says about this, are the parents committing a sin to not let their child marry someone from a different background etc. or lets just say even of their choice?
Definitely sis. No one has control over where they came from, so you can't judge. One should really look at the person's deen instead.

Jazakallahu Khaayran

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
Here are hadiths and ayahs in regard of this subject:

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [regarding looking for a wife] said “Look for the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper)!”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5090; Muslim, 1466)
“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious]”

[al-Hujuraat 49:13]
In the prophet :saws:'s last khutbah:
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
You may also check out this fatwa:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/13780/race

Hope that helped!

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masuma
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Jazakallahu Khaayran

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
:D

Sis, it is always better to take advice from the elder people in every matter of your life as they are more experienced than us.

Islam eradicated all type of racial distinctions centuries before. So we all are equal. So there is just nothing wrong in marrying someone of different background or ethnicity.

Now for the marriage, Prophet (s.a.w) said in his lovely hadith that

"a man may marry someone for one of these 4 reasons.

1. that the woman is beautiful
2. that the woman is wealthy
3. that she has a good family back ground (don't know this one for sure :embarrass
4. that the woman has "taqwa"

And the best among these reasons is number 4."

So if the person you find has "taqwa" but belongs to a different background, than I see nothing wrong in marrying him/her. because we are obeying our Prophet (s.a.w).

As far as parents are concerned, they can give their advice, but they can't FORCE any of their children into marrying someone he/she don't like.

During the Nikah, their daughter or son can easily refuse to sign the contract and parents can't use force or violence against him/her.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
:D

Sis, it is always better to take advice from the elder people in every matter of your life as they are more experienced than us.

Islam eradicated all type of racial distinctions centuries before. So we all are equal. So there is just nothing wrong in marrying someone of different background or ethnicity.

Now for the marriage, Prophet (s.a.w) said in his lovely hadith that

"a man may marry someone for one of these 4 reasons.

1. that the woman is beautiful
2. that the woman is wealthy
3. that she has a good family back ground (don't know this one for sure :embarrass
4. that the woman has "taqwa"

And the best among these reasons is number 4."

So if the person you find has "taqwa" but belongs to a different background, than I see nothing wrong in marrying him/her. because we are obeying our Prophet (s.a.w).

As far as parents are concerned, they can give their advice, but they can't FORCE any of their children into marrying someone he/she don't like.

During the Nikah, their daughter or son can easily refuse to sign the contract and parents can't use force or violence against him/her.
Jazakallahu Khayyr ukhtee for your reply :)
I am aware of the hadeeth Alhamdulilaah, but SubhaanAllaah i really hate how some parents are like this, ill give you an example

Lets say im a Indian girl and i wish to marry someone of Arab, white,african background etc, and my parents say i cannot marry this certain person ONLY because of their certain background, but even though their Muslim and practising Alhamdulilaah but the parents still complain and try bring up their part of the argument, and then this may sometimes lead to arguments with the parent and child, or the child will not be happy etc many reasons!. . .

I totally agree 100% that aslong as the person is practising (as i mentioned in my Q)and doing everything for the saake of Allaah subhanu wa tala then theires nothing wrong their at all but the problem is some parents see this and they still wouldnt let their child marry someone of a different background. . .I dont get it, its really hyprocrytical :-\
SubhaanAllaah!

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Jazakallahu Khayyr ukhtee for your reply :)
I am aware of the hadeeth Alhamdulilaah, but SubhaanAllaah i really hate how some parents are like this, ill give you an example

Lets say im a Indian girl and i wish to marry someone of Arab, white,african background etc, and my parents say i cannot marry this certain person ONLY because of their certain background, but even though their Muslim and practising Alhamdulilaah but the parents still complain and try bring up their part of the argument, and then this may sometimes lead to arguments with the parent and child, or the child will not be happy etc many reasons!. . .

I totally agree 100% that aslong as the person is practising (as i mentioned in my Q)and doing everything for the saake of Allaah subhanu wa tala then theires nothing wrong their at all but the problem is some parents see this and they still wouldnt let their child marry someone of a different background. . .I dont get it, its really hyprocrytical :-\
SubhaanAllaah!
Yeah sis, your right! :-\ ...don't like these people too who force their children into something against their will... :heated:

They clearly aren't following Allah and His Rasool. But you know, I think that in such situation, a country's govt can intervene like it always do and if not that, then the other family members or friends can help convince parents to give up their dictatorship! :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-20-2010, 11:53 AM
yeah subhaanAllaah. . . I agree sis

I dono whats wrong with people SubhaanAllaah for sure i know theyre lost , and Allaah knows best

Muslimeen
06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Unfortunately priorities in the lives of muslims have changed. The pleasure of allah is no longer a priority. I recently heard in a bayaan, That when a proposal of a rich man comes to a girl, the parents are usually happy and often the answer is yes, but if the person is poor, then the family will usually resort to making Istikaarah. Piety and cognisance of Allah is often not a pre-requisite.

Muslimeen
06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
I love the topic, I must say. Really gets the attention.

S<Chowdhury
06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
I think this has been discussed extensively on the marriage thread like 10 pages atleast of it LOL but anyway hmmm though i don't agree with parents dictating that they shouldn't marry due to ethnic background, i should know i married a Canadian haha, taking the parents perspective especially the desi ones, if you arrange marry within your own culture, the more likely the marriage will work because they lead a similar way of life well at least your wife can cook you rice and curry ;D. But seriously differences that may occur from marrying into a different culture can upset and cause divide, therefore i think parents see it as a safer option if you do marry into your own culture........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!