/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnis and Sufis

Samiun
06-19-2010, 03:22 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters, I've been thinking quite awhile lately. Is sunni apart of sufi? A brother on youtube said that sufis believe that Allah S.W.T. is everywhere and now I got some info that sufi is apart of sunni. I'm confused here? Anyone could help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-19-2010, 04:35 PM
I really wanted to but don't know much about it! :( Sufis are very...very...ummm... mysterious lot of people. Sufis have this whole kind of weird and mind boggling stories. But I shouldn't be talking anything about them. I'll research...

Zafran
06-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Salaam

sufism is a science in Islam called Twassuf - its about cleaning the nafs and great scholars were sufis or wrote books about it - for example Al Ghazzali (ra) and Imam Nawwi (ra).

Now ofcourse we have to remember that sufi practices that are within the sharia are accepted - as there are many fake sufis out there as well doing things outside of Islam

peace

Woodrow
06-20-2010, 01:29 AM
I am going to close this thread in a minute. Our goal is to promote Islamic unity and this can very fast develop into a sectarian issue, which divides and does not unite.

Unless we have a valid reason to doubt that a person is Muslim, it is best we accept them as being Muslim, unless we know different.

We should not view anybody as being sunni, sufi, shi'i etc. We are one Ummah and there should not be any title in front of Muslim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!