/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to finish school. Will I have problems with this career field ?

~*~Serene~*~
06-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Salam

I should have titled the thread "I want to finish school. Will I have problems with this career field ?"

I'll get the mods to change it. and i'll edit this post

I would like to get into the field of graphics design. I'm aware that this career can involve the use of photos and illustrations

I have seen people debating on the internet whether we are allowed to take photos or not . And also debating what images/illustrations we are allowed to recreate.

I'm basically asking should I have any concerns about this career direction since it can involve photos and images? What is off limits? If you have info , such as a website, concerning these issues please post them.

And if there are any designers on this forum I would really appreciate your input. And if you found any road blocks in your career.?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-21-2010, 03:13 AM
:sl:

I think you should stop putting road blocks on your way dear sister.. make a plan and stick to it .. the greatest roads are traversed with a single step.. every step you take will take you closer to your goal..so go for it.. if you seek a road of knowledge, Allah swt will pave a road for you toward paradise..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

~*~Serene~*~
06-21-2010, 07:16 AM
:sl:

I guess I gave the impression that I create road blocks for myself .
Nope, the blocks have been health reasons. I have not completed school because of it.

I should have titled the thread "I want to finish school. Will I have problems with this career field ?"

I'll get the mods to change it. And edit this thread

Actually I can explain further in a pm..........maybe....

My previous post was brief. I guess what I was trying to say is I have invested a lot of time and money going to school/s in the past . I have a debt to pay off. I want make sure that when I go back to school this time that I make the right choice in the field I choose because school is expensive. Also, I do not want to one day find out that the field that I have invested my time and money on is a field that I should not be doing because of such and such reasons .(ie. islamic ?) I don't want to have any regrets.

:wa:

~*~Serene~*~
06-21-2010, 07:20 AM
τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

I noticed that you didn't comment on the photo and illustration concerns.

You don't think it's a issue?

Thanks for taking the time to reply τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
:sl: sister.. I apologize for misunderstanding and may Allah swt grant you shifaa... .. however whatever the reason there is for your delay it shouldn't hinder you from completing what you want to do, that is all i meant, I am not judging your reasons since we all have reasons.. I too had to take a period of three years off from my education for financial and personal reasons.. it isn't something to frown upon or even need to justify to others..

I think if you are not committing an overt haram then you should go for it.. my personal opinion of web design or photography or whatever field you desire shouldn't have a bearing on your decision.. I just wanted to give some moral support since that is something I personally needed at some point in my life and in fact continuously.. seeking counsel from your ummah is the Islamic thing to do but a personal decision that will impact your life, livelihood and future is yours alone to make..

my parents were very opposed to my choice of careers, but I wanted it and I was prepared to handle the consequences of my decision.. a person who has never made mistakes and weathered storms is a person who has no wisdom in my humble opinion..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Hamza Asadullah
06-27-2010, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulekha
Salam

I'll get the mods to change it. and i'll edit this post

I would like to get into the field of graphics design. I'm aware that this career can involve the use of photos and illustrations

I have seen people debating on the internet whether we are allowed to take photos or not . And also debating what images/illustrations we are allowed to recreate.

I'm basically asking should I have any concerns about this career direction since it can involve photos and images? What is off limits? If you have info , such as a website, concerning these issues please post them.

And if there are any designers on this forum I would really appreciate your input. And if you found any road blocks in your career.?

Thank you
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb jazakallah khayran for sharing your question with us as it may be relevant to a lot of people. If your job in the future will not involve the use of animate objects then there is nothing wrong with working in such a field. However before making such a decision do more research to ensure you want to get into this field. It would also be advisable to talk to Muslim graphic designers as they may be able to offer you good advice on the matter.

Here is a directory of some Muslim graphic designers that you can contact:

http://www.tijarapages.com/categorie...id=-1948424950

Also contact info@zeenadesigns.com

You can also contact: hussein@jafarawi.com who will be able to give more advice on graphic design as a career choice for Muslims.

Contact as many Muslims in the field as you can and you will be able to gain a better perspective of whether or not you should choose graphic design as a career or not. Most of all ask of Allah and make isthikhara for Allah to help you to make the right decision. Inshallah whatever is best for you will happen.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!