/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the Hijaab

x_laila_x
06-21-2010, 02:43 PM
A Salamu Alaikum,

I am in need of advice with regards to Hijaab. I have recently started wearing it, however I am now having frequent thoughts with regards to taking it off. Can you please give me advice as I am unsure what to do...

Wa Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
06-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Salam alaikum wr wb.
Mashallah you have made the right decision to start wearing it but sister what is it that is making you want to take it off? I would urge you to think very carefully before making any rash decisions. Just stick with it I'm sure the feelings will pass. Its because its all new to you and obviously its a big change in your life in your appearance. When I started wearing it that was one of the best decisions of my life. I hope its the same for you too. Dont give up please. I pray that you will make the right choice. x

Hannah.
06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
I agree, these doubts are purely the whispers of the Shaytan in which you must overcome.
I only started wearing hijaab in december, before that I used to hate wearing it but now I cannot imagine a day without it.

Inshallah may Allah guide you.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x_laila_x
A Salamu Alaikum,

I am in need of advice with regards to Hijaab. I have recently started wearing it, however I am now having frequent thoughts with regards to taking it off. Can you please give me advice as I am unsure what to do...

Wa Salam
wa alaykum us-salaam
if you've just started wearing it, then you can expect that it will feel a little but awkward and uncomfortable. inshallah over time and with strength and persistence it will become a lot easier.

seriously though, if it did come down to it, you'll probably find that you couldn't take it off even if you wanted to.

is there a particular reason why you feel like this? can you pinpoint what is causing you to think like this =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
06-24-2010, 09:13 AM
salam sis

It'll get easier sista if u dont give in to the whispers of shaytan, be strong inshaAllah u are on the right path.

Do u have friends who wear it? I think its important that u stay close to sistas who wear it so u can go hijab shopping together. :)

Find a style that suits u, so u can feel confident n happy wit ur hijab.:)

If u have any hijab questions feel free to ask sista.

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Obstacles and challenges will always come your way. It is about remaining steadfast, shaitan will always be there, he will attack you from all sides. Remain firm, insha allah it will become easier.

Masuma
06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
A Salamu Alaikum,

Wa Salam
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Sister, I'm happy to know that you started wearing hijaab.:) May Allah reward you for this.

Now sister, we should realise that hijaab is of many types. There is hijaab of voice and hijaab of gaze as well. SubhanAllah! :statisfie

People basically talks about the hijaab of man and than of woman. But do you know in Holy Quran, Allah first talks about the hijaab of men and then of women! :)

Allah says in Chapter 24, Verse 30:
"Say to the believing men (Momin) to lower their gaze (from looking at women or other forbidden things) and guard their modesty.
And say to the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their modesty".

So sister, hijaab is of many types.

Now the hijaab i.e. a full Islamic dress is compulsory because it too guards our modesty and helps us from being teased by hooligans. It is a commandment of Allah for OUR benefit. :) So you shouldn't take it off. :(

Masuma
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Sister please watch these... these would answer many of your questions.

Please watch them till end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5ORAqZIlA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn27QjM9jeQ

(Above two are VERY important) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EH3zJy_Uq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8a9IecrMI

Now sister, what is the reason that you want to take off your hijaab? :-\ Would you like sharing it so that we may help you properly?

cat eyes
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
A Salamu Alaikum,

Wa Salam
ask yourself would you like to be recognized as a believer or a kafir? you chose which is the best choice in the sight of your creator.

first the imaan of course has to be in your heart so that you can wear it if you don't wear it and lets just say if no muslimah wore the hijab.. ask yourself would anybody know about this religion?

just ponder over the whole idea of why hijab is a must!

and most importantly Allah wants to protect us from the evil of lustful men.

cat eyes
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
A Salamu Alaikum,

Wa Salam
:sl:ask yourself would you like to be recognized as a believer or a kafir? you chose which is the best choice in the sight of your creator.

first the imaan of course has to be in your heart so that you can wear it if you don't wear it and lets just say if no muslimah wore the hijab.. ask yourself would anybody know about this religion?

just ponder over the whole idea of why hijab is a must!

and most importantly Allah wants to protect us from the evil of lustful men.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!