/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Students - who's in?

Asiyah3
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Here's an idea for us students.

We'll have a competition on the time spent on studying. The person who studies the most today will have the title of the the winner. Then tomorrow we'll start another round and we'll see who gets the title next.

You'll have to release the results the next day before 12.00 GMT, which is when the winner is disclosed. You can of course tell it the same day too. Note that if you release the result too early, you can't add to it anymore.

In order to avoid countless unnecessary posts like "I'm in", you don't need to register. Those who release their time tomorrow until 12.00, are automatically in. Participation isn't abiding or anything and it's open anytime. It's just good to have an idea of the participants.

It goes like this:

A: I studied half an hour.
B: I studied an hour
B wins.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Is anyone interested?

piXie
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
lol, shouldn't the first poll choice state 5-30mins, because 0 means no study. :D

Asiyah3
06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
lol, shouldn't the first poll choice state 5-30mins, because 0 means no study. :D
Good point. :D I wonder if I can start another poll from the thread tools after this one closes... :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
who's studying now, its holidays for most people over here

Asiyah3
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
who's studying now, its holidays for most people over here
Lol same here. As for me I need to study 'cause I have A-levels after school starts in August.

Asiyah3
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I see people are busy on spending their holidays on ice cream and amusement parks. imsad

Rhubarb Tart
06-21-2010, 06:24 PM
oh don’t worry I have to study the pathology of cancer..

tango92
06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
you lucky people, ive got desicion maths tomorrow, chemistry and physics next week!

i spent at least 3+hrs revising today - cause ive been lazy the whole yr playin table tennis when i should have studied......................

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh how geeky this thread is :-\

This is my last week Alhamdulilaah, so yeah no more geekified boring studdying for me anymore yaye :D, (Not that i study anyway) :-\

SubhaanAllaah

You are all geeks

So yeah :-\

piXie
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I have exams almost every month and even during summer time. I have an exam on my birthday also lol.

yahia12
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
have test on wednesday , i am in why not. insAllah i win. i start after 12 tomorow :)

tango92
06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
I have exams almost every month and even during summer time. I have an exam on my birthday also lol.
are you a med student?

kite runner
06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
this is a really great idea especially for people who have exams coming up, insha'allah it will be very beneficial coming up to december or next june/july :D

Candle
06-22-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm in! Maybe this way I'll actually accomplish some meaningful studying over the summer. :D

Um, I will be starting tmr though since I didn't get any sleep last night and am in the middle of a great boook.

Beardo
06-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Very good competition. Insha-Allah I'll be joining in now.

The time spent at school doesn't count, I assume?

Asiyah3
06-22-2010, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Very good competition. Insha-Allah I'll be joining in now.

The time spent at school doesn't count, I assume?
No, in school you're forced to study so it's not your own achievement.

tango92
06-22-2010, 10:06 PM
only about an hour today guys................

Asiyah3
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
^Same Al-hamdulillah.

marwen
06-23-2010, 01:24 AM
guys are you studying daily ? that's horrible :offended:

Asiyah3
06-23-2010, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
guys are you studying daily ? that's horrible :offended:
Why? When do you study?

Life_Is_Short
06-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Insh'Allah from today although i would have won yestarday. It's 2:35am right now and I need sleep. :exhausted

marwen
06-23-2010, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Why? When do you study?
I don't study daily at home. I study 2 or 3 days per week at home (in the weekend). And the whole week before exams. That makes me digest information better :D (I memorize slowly). I understand things basically at school, so study at home is just for revision.

Asiyah3
06-23-2010, 01:42 AM
I don't study daily at home. I study 2 or 3 days per week at home (in the weekend). And the whole week before exams. That makes me digest information better :D (I memorize slowly). I understand things basically at school, so study at home is just for revision.
It's good to have such a routine, and revision is truly worthwhile. I don't normally study daily, however now I'm in a position where I have to study unless I want to forget about my future.

marwen
06-23-2010, 01:49 AM
It's good to have such a routine, and revision is truly worthwhile. I don't normally study daily, however now I'm in a position where I have to study unless I want to forget about my future.
So you may have frequent exams ? or unexpected (surprise tests) all the time ? :-\
Anyways, May Allah help you and make your future better than you wish Aameen!

Asiyah3
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
So you may have frequent exams ? or unexpected (surprise tests) all the time ? :-\
Anyways, May Allah help you and make your future better than you wish Aameen!
Ameen. Wa iyyak insha'Allah.

Our school system goes like this. Study 75 courses. In the end of each course you have an exam about the things you studied during that course. Then in the end of sixth form (when you've taken almost all courses) you'll have to choose 4 subjects which you'll take a big exam on (like A-levels), each subject's "big" exam contains that subject's all the courses' things. These 4 exams are compulsory to pass if you want to graduate.

Now after summer holiday ends in autumn, I'll soon have three of these exams. And I need study the course books, in total 21 books.

Life_Is_Short
06-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Study 75 courses
75 courses as in 75 subject topics? That is a lot.

Asiyah3
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
75 courses as in 75 subject topics? That is a lot.
No. For example maths has six or ten courses depending if you choose short or advanced, English has 6, P.E 2 etc.

For example, if you want to become an English teacher, you can take more English courses (at least 2 + 1 revision course). You should take all the 8 courses on English and take one of the four compulsory big exams (like A-levels) on English. the exam is about the things studied on those 8 courses.

Life_Is_Short
06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
No. For example maths has six or ten courses depending if you choose short or advanced, English has 6, P.E 2 etc.

For example, if you want to become an English teacher, you can take more English courses (at least 2 + 1 revision course). You should take all the 8 courses on English and take one of the four compulsory big exams (like A-levels) on English. the exam is about the things studied on those 8 courses.
I see, Jazak'Allah for the explanation.

If you don't mind me asking which country is that in?

Asiyah3
06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I see, Jazak'Allah for the explanation.

If you don't mind me asking which country is that in?
It's in Finland.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!