/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah

h-n
06-21-2010, 05:37 PM
There are people that ask questions about Allah-does/can he have children and can he die?

1. Allah is All-Seeing how can another "God" keep his thoughts and actions hidden from Allah? He cannot, there is only One God , he is Allah, the Sustainer of Life- that other God cannot even sustain himself and if Allah fell asleep he would not exist either. There is only One God, Allah. How can a God be created by another being, its like idol worshippers when they create their idols, a God would not be created by others, he is God. There is only One God, Allah.

2. Allah does not die, as nothing can take over his presence, he is All-Powerful. Even the nothingness cannot over take him, that is saying that something more powerful then Allah exists to take his presence and there is not. Even the mountain could not cope with Allah's presence, even all the suns are nothing. Allah is All-Powerful. Allah is All-Mighty. Praise be to he, the owner of the Worlds. Blessed are we to be created to know of our Master, Allah the One.

A servant working in a Palace has no right to ask about the King personally etc. As servants of Allah it is not for us to question his background etc. Even children don't do this before accepting their Mother and Father. They don't know everything about their parents but they respect them and accept them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h-n
06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Thought I might add this on hear as I added it on the "No such thing as Atheism" thread.

They ask who created Allah?

Allah is not an idol that people have created with their own hands. Why would a God needed to be created by someone else? He is not. He is ONE, there is no other like him, he does not have any parents or any children.

h-n
09-18-2010, 06:47 PM
bump in reference to RIP thread.

ghost
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; [112-1]
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; [112-2]
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; [112-3]
And there is none like unto Him. [112-4]
Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.
His are all things in the heavens and on earth.
Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?
He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth.
His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). [2-255]
A being must be born/created to exist, we cannot imagine a being who was unborn, we just cannot. The being must have come into creation somehow and dammit we will not rest until we find out how. If such a being exists which is outside our boundaries of science and logic then it does not exist, it cannot - everything must have an answer.

Allah is beyond us, what we know as mentioned in the extract above is nothing except which He has given to us. So we are now trying to understand Him based on the limited knowledge that He has given to us.

It's like making a computer program which calculates 2+2, and then outputs the number '4'
The only thing this program knows is that which I, the creator of the program have taught it to know. That when it puts 2 and 2 together it will compute 4 and then it will output 4, it is the only possibility.

Now, during the output process, I now intercede and instead of the output coming out as '4,' it comes out as '5.'
What the hell? The program is stunned! How is this possible? Everything we know is that when we put these two numbers togeter we always get 4, it has to be 4, there is no other possibility! Yet somehow the number 5 has appeared.

The program is confused, in its confusion it may attempt to understand how this has happened, but it doesn't realise that it simply cannot because all it knows is that 2+2=4. To understand how the 5 was output is beyond the scope and logic of the program.

The program fails to realise that I created it, and I can do whatever the hell I want, if I want 2+2 to equal 5 then dammit I'll make it equal 5.

Therefore any attempt to understand God has to result in trying to understand God through what limited knowledge we have, and by doing so we have to bring God 'down' to our level.

And when we bring 'God' down to our level, the 'God' we are then trying to understand cannot be God simply because He created our rules, He does not follow them and by trying to rationalise Him by the rules that He has created for us - is an impossibility.

To accept that we cannot imagine it is to accept that it is beyond our scope of science and of logic. This is where the arrogance stems from.

A being must be born/created to exist, we cannot imagine a being who was unborn, we just cannot. The being must have come into creation somehow and dammit we will not rest until we find out how. If such being exists which is outside our boundaries of science and logic then it does not exist, it cannot - everything must have an answer.
Chapter 112 of the Quran, and Chapter 2, verse 255 is more then enough to prove that God is beyond us and us as humans attempting to understand Him is a feeble attempt because everything we have, He has given us.

Just as the program cannot begin to comprehend how the result was 5, we cannot even begin to comprehend the Might of Allah.

How can you then deny?

Alhumdulillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes, Allah swt is the Most High, the Great.

28:70. And He is Allah; La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). His is all praise, in the first (i.e. in this world) and in the last (i.e.in the Hereafter). And for Him is the Decision, and to Him shall you (all) be returned.

M.I.A.
09-19-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h-n
A servant working in a Palace has no right to ask about the King personally etc. As servants of Allah it is not for us to question his background etc. Even children don't do this before accepting their Mother and Father. They don't know everything about their parents but they respect them and accept them.
allah swt is free from all wants and needs, so making a material analogy is kind of risky.
also god is not in need of our worship although we are commanded to worhip.

this may sound stupid but can anybody give the translated verses that describe allah swt as king, i know it says lord in some passages but i dont know of by heart or anything.

ghost
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
this may sound stupid but can anybody give the translated verses that describe allah swt as king, i know it says lord in some passages but i dont know of by heart or anything.
Surah An-Nas c114

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind, [1]
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind, [2]
The God (or judge) of Mankind,- [3]
From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),- [4]
(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,- [5]
Among Jinns and among men. [6]
I didn't look into it further than this one chapter (the only one that came to mind), also I may have misunderstood what you're asking.

M.I.A.
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghost
Surah An-Nas c114

I didn't look into it further than this one chapter (the only one that came to mind), also I may have misunderstood what you're asking.
well im about the understanding of titles attributed to god, to me i would think with sound reasoning that calling god as king is detremental to my understanding.
i only know of my god by his attributes and liken him to no other. ruler i can live with, holding dominion over the heavens and the earth i can live with. calling my god king is almost not giving him enough respect.
but thanks for the passage, i am often mistaken.

Sawdah
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
^ Some people with translate Al-Malik as 'the King', others 'The Sovereign Lord'.

See this: http://tayyibaat.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/al-malik/

allah swt is free from all wants and needs, so making a material analogy is kind of risky.
also god is not in need of our worship although we are commanded to worhip.
Yes, it is best say: "To Allah Belongs the Highest example" because giving an analogy is saying such and such is similar to such and such. When Allah swt is above all. So to Allah swt belongs the highest example.

:w:

h-n
01-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Someone has asked if Allah is All-Powerful, then can he create another God?

Well ;-

1. Asking Allah to create another God, would still mean that he is All-Powerful for him to be able to create another God, that other God would still be created by Allah, so cannot be God, as God is NOT created by anyone. Allah his Great! Nothing is more Powerful then him, and can never be. As how can something be more Powerful when Allah himself would create it?? It is NOT! How can you create something more powerful then you, when you would need to be more powerful to create it??
You cannot say that Allah has to prove himself by being a “lessor” God to another, as he cannot be and is not. What would that other God prove?? When he has been created by another? Nothing. Allah is above all that. He is God, eternal is her, self existing is he!

2. Allah is already created everything that you see and hear, and you need him to create an idol to show that he is All-Powerful? When as above would not disapprove that.

IAmZamzam
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h-n
Someone has asked if Allah is All-Powerful, then can he create another God?

Well ;-

1. Asking Allah to create another God, would still mean that he is All-Powerful for him to be able to create another God, that other God would still be created by Allah, so cannot be God, as God is NOT created by anyone. Allah his Great! Nothing is more Powerful then him, and can never be. As how can something be more Powerful when Allah himself would create it?? It is NOT! How can you create something more powerful then you, when you would need to be more powerful to create it??
You cannot say that Allah has to prove himself by being a “lessor” God to another, as he cannot be and is not. What would that other God prove?? When he has been created by another? Nothing. Allah is above all that. He is God, eternal is her, self existing is he!

2. Allah is already created everything that you see and hear, and you need him to create an idol to show that he is All-Powerful? When as above would not disapprove that.
h-n, I think they were just trying to trap you in a logical paradox. You know, along the lines of, "If God is all-powerful then can He make a pie so big even He can't eat it?" The next time they try that just respond, "If He's all-powerful then any question beginning with 'can he' will automatically bear the answer 'yes'. The rules of logic are based on the mathematical laws God Himself created. You think he's subject to His own laws?"

qassy!
01-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I believe Allah is the most powerful.

Allah knows everything correct?
Then he knows when im going to commit the next bad sin or good deed correct?
Therefore when I was created, my future was written, therefore Allah knows if I am going heaven or hell?

Correct or Incorrect?

Muslim Woman
01-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Salaam

Pl. dont try to find any excuses to do bad things by showing this logic that Allah is powerful , I was destined to commit sins blah blah blah.

Allah gave us intelligence & free choices . Try to be good and ask Allah to show u the right path . Rest u leave it on Allah but don't blame your fate for what bad u did / do or plaaning to do ( may Allah forbid).

And Allah Knows Best.

h-n
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
I believe Allah is the most powerful.

Allah knows everything correct?
Then he knows when im going to commit the next bad sin or good deed correct?
Therefore when I was created, my future was written, therefore Allah knows if I am going heaven or hell?

Correct or Incorrect?
We expect Allah to know everything -he is God.

That does not change the fact that you do have a fair test, and you are responsible for doing evil, and as stated in the Quran, people wrong themselves, not Allah. Allah does NOT send someone to Hell because he created them to be evil and they "couldn't help themselves", he sends them to Hell as "they were in clear error" ie idol worship, lewd behaviour etc.

h-n
01-03-2011, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
h-n, I think they were just trying to trap you in a logical paradox. You know, along the lines of, "If God is all-powerful then can He make a pie so big even He can't eat it?" The next time they try that just respond, "If He's all-powerful then any question beginning with 'can he' will automatically bear the answer 'yes'. The rules of logic are based on the mathematical laws God Himself created. You think he's subject to His own laws?"
Thanks for saying that, as yes people do that, to help others not to be bothered, as I didn't write that. I did receive a post from what I believe was a Muslim, so I added my response here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!