/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tae Kwan Dao or Mixed Martial Arts??

nousername
06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
My son who is seven wants to start training in martial arts, and in our town these are the two options. I just don't know which one to choose! I want to choose the best one but I have very limited knowledge on both, which one would you all go for?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
mma, or even better start him off with boxing then mma

Supreme
06-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Martial arts, from experience, isn't always best to be learnt from a young age. This may not be true in tae kwondo, or MMA, but from my experience in both judo and karate, the kids are taught very basic stuff, even at the higher grades. For example, at my club, the equivalent of a blue belt (8th belt) for a child is the yellow belt (3rd belt) for an adult. As I said, this may not be true in all martial arts, but I know that attaining a black belt as a child at my club is a rather simple affair, and it shouldn't be, hence why the difficulty is stepped up greatly for adults.

As for which martial art you should choose? I have no idea, although I've heard MMA is the proper, dirty fighting stuff.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!