/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We have forgotton Darfur :(

nousername
06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Why haven't Islamic countries been sending flotillas to Darfur? Have we forgotten the haunting images of women and children? Have we forgotten the genocide, rape, forced departure? Why does it seem no one cares anymore? I am by no means downplaying the suffering of my Palestinian brothers and sisters, but the people of Darfur are starving to death and are wiped out with genocide. Darfur is literally dying! For some reason, i guess because I am fairly new, the forum wont let me put up images to show you all what I mean. But lately, I haven't heard of imams calling out publicly for the Ummah to save Darfur.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nousername
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
bump... see this is exactly what I mean no one cares anymore :(

Maryan0
06-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Many muslims in the ummah are ignored
May Allah have mercy on the people of darfur and thanks for posting. It's important, and it's pathetic that you'll see non-muslims more outraged for these people than some muslims are. Darfur was for the large part ignored by the west also until oil was found and they started to trade with china but even that doesnt excuse the lack of attention given by muslims for the most part to places like chechnya and darfur.
Salam

جوري
06-22-2010, 02:07 AM
:sl: very true..
however the issue in darfur is internal conflict whereas the issue in Gaza is zionist occupation induced.. further compounded by 60 years of sheer holocaust and terror against the Palestinian people.. No Muslims should be forgotten and certainly no conflict should be deferred or deflected from on the account of another.. Muslims all over suffer and it is time we stopped it all once and for all. The time has come for another Muslim empire and removal of all despots foreign and domestic!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nousername
06-22-2010, 04:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
:sl: very true..
however the issue in darfur is internal conflict whereas the issue in Gaza is zionist occupation induced.. further compounded by 60 years of sheer holocaust and terror against the Palestinian people.. No Muslims should be forgotten and certainly no conflict should be deferred or deflected from on the account of another.. Muslims all over suffer and it is time we stopped it all once and for all. The time has come for another Muslim empire and removal of all despots foreign and domestic!

:w:
Ameen! I just think it's too painful for the Ummah to talk about Darfur because it is Arab nationalists trying to terminate the native inhabitants because of Arab "superiority". With Palestine it's much easier to point at a clear cut enemy that is oppressing and stealing land - the Zionists, who are not Muslims. Muslim v Muslim violence is hard for us to acknowledge and talk about.

Supreme
06-22-2010, 12:55 PM
The genocide in Darfur is so shockingly awful it makes every other problem in the world look very tiny indeed. I care very much for the people of Darfur, and I pray they will be granted prosperity and peace soon.

Masuma
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I care! :( And I pray for these people too.

The reason I see behind this is that Palestine is a region conquered by our old enemies whereas in Darfur, it is not the case. It's natural that more opposition arises when your "enemies" invade and slaughter you but as sis Lisa said, "but even that doesnt excuse the lack of attention given by muslims for the most part to places like chechnya and darfur." and I totally agree!

May Allah have mercy on the Ummah!

nousername
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

I care! :( And I pray for these people too.

The reason I see behind this is that Palestine is a region conquered by our old enemies whereas in Darfur, it is not the case. It's natural that more opposition arises when your "enemies" invade and slaughter you but as sis Lisa said, "but even that doesnt excuse the lack of attention given by muslims for the most part to places like chechnya and darfur." and I totally agree!

May Allah have mercy on the Ummah!
Ameen! And yes I believe that all suffering people should be addressed and helped by the Ummab

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!