/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not being accepted. What to do?

BrazilianMuslim
06-22-2010, 02:28 AM
As-Salamu Alaykum

I am from Brazil and a converted Muslim. It is being hard on me to be able to fully express my religion, for intolerance is still large in most of the world when it comes to Us.

My last rejection was when trying to sign up to hardforum(dot)com. Only because my email contains muslim_rulez and the username was Muslim they not only rejected my request but also banned me and sent me a derrogatory email about my faith...
I got really sad and angry, but there is nothing i can do...

Does this kind of stuff happens often with you guys? Is there anything we can do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Wa alaykum salam

I am from Brazil and a converted Muslim. It is being hard on me to be able to fully express my religion, for intolerance is still large in most of the world when it comes to Us.
What can we say bro. Life is going to be hard for the fully practising muslim. It is not meant to be easy. The reward of paradise is worth all the trouble.

There are many intolerant people. It is best to just ignore them and find another similar forum.

جوري
06-22-2010, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Brazilian Muslim, al7mdlillah, you have now found the correct forum..
people from all walks of life will meet with all sorts of rejections, but that is how one acquires wisdom and a thicker skin.. the more bad things you learn and to counteract, the stronger you'll feel the more you'll grow in faith.. for now :welcome: aboard.. you have many brothers and sisters on this forum who care for you and are a part of your ummah.. evil is always loud and obnoxious but that is how it hides its cowardice and makes up for its emptiness. Truth always walks the path of peace, and good brings good and peace brings peace.. the weed grows next to the flowers side by side but are you bothered by lowliness or do you concentrate your efforts on the scent and the beauty of the rose?

:w:

Salahudeen
06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the forum brother :) nice to see a brother from the nation that owns football :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BrazilianMuslim
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Many thanks for your support people! Have any of you ever used the judicial system to fight such injustices? how is the legal system in the countries where you live? I have a friend which is also a converted muslim and his enrollement was denied when he applied for a course at `PUC` which is a catholic university. He is currently in a judicial battle to join in :(

Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
^in some of our countries, our women are used as political pawns (bans and debates are on the increase to ban the niqaab).
in other countries, our brothers are also used as political pawns (prisoners)

what can we do...we are all suffering and in the same boat-i guess this is a part of being Muslim. there is wisdom and virtue as to why we go through hardship and we mustn't give up...that's the whole catch i think ---> whether we do give up or fight against ourselves to remain steadfast.

you're not alone and it would be interesting if you could give an insight about what the conditions are like that Brazilian reverts have to go through. since the Muslims aren't being the bad guys, we don't hear this stuff on the news so we are often left in the dark. its not only useful for us clueless ones, but its also useful for you/people in your situation for the reason that people might want to make dua for you but don't know since they don't know your situation. so that's a couple of ways you could change your negative situation into a positive one.

you shouldn't feel so bitter about this because people like you get looked up to. you are a new Muslim and you are being trialled in your faith you are an example that people get look up to in times of their own difficulty, believe it or not. lots of non-revert Muslims look up to revert Muslims for your strong resolve, knowledge and faith.

also, get vocal about this. go to mosques/anywhere you know Muslims are "hiding" out. you never know how many bothers (and sisters) are just looking and hoping for that person to come out of their shell so that they can follow suit as welll.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Have any of you ever used the judicial system to fight such injustices?
how would you go about doing that?

Ansariyah
06-24-2010, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Brazilian Muslim, al7mdlillah, you have now found the correct forum..
people from all walks of life will meet with all sorts of rejections, but that is how one acquires wisdom and a thicker skin.. the more bad things you learn and to counteract, the stronger you'll feel the more you'll grow in faith.. for now :welcome: aboard.. you have many brothers and sisters on this forum who care for you and are a part of your ummah.. evil is always loud and obnoxious but that is how it hides its cowardice and makes up for its emptiness. Truth always walks the path of peace, and good brings good and peace brings peace.. the weed grows next to the flowers side by side but are you bothered by lowliness or do you concentrate your efforts on the scent and the beauty of the rose?

:w:
u have such a way wit words, mashaAllah.

Brotha uve been given so much good advice by our lovely bro's n sistas, I would just say read upon the stories of the sahabas n the prophets....it'll really humble u n strenghthen ur Imaan inshaAllah.

CosmicPathos
06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
welcome to Islam.

As a practical advise, why do not you move out of Brazil? Or if you feel that you do not want to leave your country then maybe move to a bit more culturally diverse area?

You will encounter hatred from people from all walks of life. You will be hurt. But nothing would hurt more than when some Muslims will hurt you. Do not let that you down. There are all types of Muslims in this world. Good Muslims are few and far between and you will find some of them on these forums where you have come to ask for help.

I hope people in Brazil mature up and accept you for what you have chosen to believe in.

Hamza Asadullah
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BrazilianMuslim
As-Salamu Alaykum

My last rejection was when trying to sign up to hardforum(dot)com. Only because my email contains muslim_rulez and the username was Muslim they not only rejected my request but also banned me and sent me a derrogatory email about my faith...
I got really sad and angry, but there is nothing i can do...

Does this kind of stuff happens often with you guys? Is there anything we can do?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother you will always find ignorance where you go no matter where you are. Rasulallah (Pbuh) had to put up with it all of his blessed life and most Muslims will have experienced ignorance to a certain degree. There will always be ignorance about Islam but the question is how to deal with it and the answer is with patience and using wisdom and tact and answering these people in the most beautiful of manners just like Rasulallah (Pbuh) did. Also in return for their hate and ignorance let us show love, mercy, kindness and let us be the best example to mankind just like Rasulallah (Pbuh) was. People used to revert to islam just by watching our beloved Nabi (Pbuh) and his actions and the way he conducted himself. Let us follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah by the guidance of reliable scholars as much as we can in our lives and that is enough for us to gain eternal success aswell as influencing others to revert to Islam by them just watching our actions and the way we conduct ourselves.

Alhamdulillah there are more reverts to Islam now in south America and every other part of the world than any other faith or belief and the numbers are increasing all the time so let us influence these numbers to grow further by being the best examples and also by giving dawah in the most beautiful of manners using wisdom and tact. Do the same towards your family, friends and others around you. Keep strong connection with Masjid and involve yourself in good works and in dawah and helping and benifiting others/ Make the best use of every second and do what you can to get as close to Allah as you can by doing everything you can to please him and staying away from that which displeases him.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!