/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asslamu alykum!

omar85
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Salaam brothers and sister.

Small problem, Well to me a large proble to other might eb a small problem.

I like to read my salaah in the masjid so in scotland the times between maghirb isha and fajr ar relativly close, so i dont go home. I stay untill fajr which leads me to getting home at 2 a.m

A problem has arisen, my father is refusing me to read fajr in the masjid. He calls its wasting my time amongst other things, its affecting my sleep (i am one of those people who dosnt sleep much, plenty of sleeping can be done in the grave.) so on and so on.

I can qoute as many hadith as i want, but the shaytan is strong in this one whispering into him. I dont know what to say or what to do. I am well aware of the status on our parents in Islam and everything they say we agree to unless its going against the shiria.

As far as i am aware it is highly recommended some scholars go as far as saying that it is wajib to read the fardh salaat in congregation.

What would you people do in this situation. Allhumdulilah my father is good in other senses.

I dont want to argue, but Allhumdulilah at this time my Imaan is very strong and i dont feel right praying my fajr on my own.

Any advice?

jazakallah for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
im not entirely sure of the rulings for men praying in congregation, but if you have spoken to a scholar/know that its waajib for you to do so, just explain as best as you can to your dad why it is important and why you want to do this. be kind about it and dont be forceful. be kind always even when you want to frustrated and even if you have a right in being so.

Muslim Woman
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Salaam bro;

it's good that u want to offer salat at mosque. Can u give the salat timing here ? when it starts and when do u have the Jamaat ?

aadil77
06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
tell him fajr is early now a days around 1.30 according to some masjds, so if you pray it at night it saves you waking up in the morning

there a good 2 hours between isha and fajr, so why not pray fajr at home or go back later?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar85
Salaam brothers and sister.

Small problem, Well to me a large proble to other might eb a small problem.

I like to read my salaah in the masjid so in scotland the times between maghirb isha and fajr ar relativly close, so i dont go home. I stay untill fajr which leads me to getting home at 2 a.m

A problem has arisen, my father is refusing me to read fajr in the masjid. He calls its wasting my time amongst other things, its affecting my sleep (i am one of those people who dosnt sleep much, plenty of sleeping can be done in the grave.) so on and so on.

I can qoute as many hadith as i want, but the shaytan is strong in this one whispering into him. I dont know what to say or what to do. I am well aware of the status on our parents in Islam and everything they say we agree to unless its going against the shiria.

As far as i am aware it is highly recommended some scholars go as far as saying that it is wajib to read the fardh salaat in congregation.

What would you people do in this situation. Allhumdulilah my father is good in other senses.

I dont want to argue, but Allhumdulilah at this time my Imaan is very strong and i dont feel right praying my fajr on my own.

Any advice?

jazakallah for reading.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallah khayran for sharing this with us. One should make comprimises in such situations. It is better if you were to pray Isha at the Masjid as in 4 Fard and then come home to pray 2 Sunnah and 2 Nafil and then go to sleep. Sleep until 20 minutes before Fajr starts and then pray your Tahajjud and witr and then go and pray Fajr with jamaat. This way you get the reward of tahajjud Salaah which is the most superiour of all Nafils and praying witr at the latter part of the night which is more rewarding aswell as reward of going to the Masjid for prayer. It is far more rewarding to sleep and wake up for Fajr than stay awake and pray Fajr.

If Masjid is within walking distance then this is far better as you would be rewarded for every step. The sahaba used to take minute steps on the way to the Masjid to get as many rewards as possible. So it is better if you Pray Asr at the Masjid and stay until Maghrib. Then come home and pray the 2 Sunnah and Nafil and then walk to the Masjid for Isha. This way your father would be happier and you would get much more rewards.

and Allah knows best on all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!