/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the cause of degeneration of muslims

Muslimeen
06-22-2010, 02:28 PM
We all know the condition of the muslim ummah in the world today. Is it possible to pin point an area or areas in which we need to start changing in order to attract the help of Allah once again. To me it seems like we need a total overhaul. Just about everything we do, seems to be inadequate. We seem to lack in every department, myself included. When will we rise to the challenge and bring back the golden era of Islam. Will it only happen at the emergence of Imaam Mahdi or is there any hope before that. How I wish I had lived in the time of Sahaba in the golden era of Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm starting with the man in the mirror...

Masuma
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
We all know the condition of the muslim ummah in the world today. Is it possible to pin point an area or areas in which we need to start changing in order to attract the help of Allah once again.
Start following each and every commandment given in Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet!

Do Dawah through the media. Media is the biggest weapon we can have in this century. Use it to promote truth and justice! No media means no say! And no say means more oppression and more misery befalling on the Ummah! A collective dua to Allah to forgive us and our shortcomings, and Allah is the most merciful! :cry:

Ummu Sufyaan
06-22-2010, 02:49 PM
:sl:
the answer is so simple and yet can be so hard to implement.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masuma
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Media and Islam, War or Peace

nousername
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
complacency - Muslims not doing anything active to improve thier country and to help out other Muslim countries

h-n
06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
People are being tested, if they are good or bad, even amongst Muslims. I don't believe that anything else is going to happen except that the countries are finishing as per my other thread -Collapse of these countries" and in the "Major signs of the Day of Judgement", we are not actively going to be building an Islamic state but casually living in this world.

They only look for the life of this world which is why they don't care about Islam, if they are not good by the time the Dajjal arrives, it is difficult for them to be good then. It is not a problem that there have been Western influence as it is a test amongs Muslims of who is going to save themselves from Hell or not. As Allah said they rejected the "Clear proofs" that came to them, they know that the US etc are not caring about what Prophets Ibrahim, Noah, Moses, Jesus peace be upon them gave, but they still choose to side with them.

1. No Prophet has ever said it was our job to stop someone from doing evil,
2. We do not follow them around and stop them from doing evil.
3. The message of Islam is given, and if they don't repent that is upto them.
4. Even if we stopped them from being evil they have not proved they are good enough to go to Paradise as they have not stopped themselves from being evil.
5. Do not worry about them, for Allah provides so much time and provides so much to sort themselves out. Allah is Merciful and Compassionate.

Asiyah3
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM

1. Disobeying Allah.
2. Low faith & not following the Qur'aan and Sunnah.
3. Lack of knowledge.
4. Following their whims and desires, and being after wordly enjoyment.

It's better not to trouble your mind with this, because honestly there's nothing you can do, YET.

First up, let's start from ourselves. Let's increase our Imaan and 'Ilm (faith & knowledge), and base our life on Qur'aan and Sunnah.

espada
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM

i feel the same.

You should read this thread:

Muslim Degeneration and its Only Remedy

Muslimeen
06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Narrated Thauban: "The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys. A questioner asked: 'Is it because of us being low in numbers at that day?' The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.' A questioner asked: 'O Apostle of Allah, what is the corruption?' The Prophet replied: 'The love of life's amusements and the fear of death.'

I have come across the above hadith of Rasullulah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam. I feel this hadith just about sums up our condition. Everything we do is about this world, buying a house, car, holidays, clothes etc. The focus is 99% of the time on worldly affairs and maybe 1% of the time on Aakhirah. Maybe I should speak for myself only, as I cannot say this is true for everyone. What is wrong, I know, I accept but yet I do not follow. Why is it so difficult to keep my focus, is it the environment I live in?? Perhaps, but there were distractions in previous times as well. I can't help but admire the Sahaba (ra) may allah be pleased with them. When I hear narrations about their steadfastness inspite of their difficulties and sacrifices I sometimes wonder is this possible? where they humans just like us? I am truely amazed and listen in awe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!