/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Naming our Baby boy

sebster41
06-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Asalamuallaikum

We are expecting our first baby inshallah in a little while. We would like to name him Ayman. It is an arabic name and means lucky, Moral; right-handed, blessed. we really like all the meanings and hope that our child possess these qualities too.

me and my husband wanted to know what other think aswell, of the name and meaning. And if, for any reason, we shouldnt keep this name.

Jazak Allah for your help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimeen
06-25-2010, 06:26 AM
I am not too sure about the name or it's meaning, but if it appeals to you and has a sound meaning then there is no harm in it. I would also like to mention that perhaps you should also look at the names of Sahaba (RA) and of the prophets (AS). The Sahaba (RA) used to love to name their children after Shuhadaa. Also make sure the english spelling correctly corresponds the arabic pronunciation otherwise it could give a different meaning.

nousername
06-25-2010, 06:32 AM
I think it is a great name with a noble meaning. Congrats! Little boys are so sweet and cuddly, and they always love their mama

غزالی
06-25-2010, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sebster41
Asalamuallaikum

We are expecting our first baby inshallah in a little while. We would like to name him Ayman. It is an arabic name and means lucky, Moral; right-handed, blessed. we really like all the meanings and hope that our child possess these qualities too.

me and my husband wanted to know what other think aswell, of the name and meaning. And if, for any reason, we shouldnt keep this name.

Jazak Allah for your help
In the islamic History Umme Ayman was the servent of Prophet Muhammad S.a.w Mother Aminah. She was very Pious Lady.she Died in the period Of Khalifa Uthman.

Ayman, spelled with two a's and pronounced like "Eye Man", is a beautiful name, . It's Arabic and it means one whom good fortune always accompanies. The feminine form of it is Yumna.

Here is one Good books on this Topic.

A Standard Dictionary
of Muslim Names

Download

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhmadibnNasroon
07-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Salih, definitely Salih

Raziah
07-03-2010, 07:06 AM
You can name him Mohammed, also Hasan is a good choice too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!