/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stories of the past.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-23-2010, 02:25 PM
:sl:
i am looking for stories (any authentic stories) of the past concerning those of the Muslims/sali7een (righteous) who went through trial due to their faith such as imam ahmad, rahimahullah.

i don't mean those simply struggled against their nafs, but those who literally went though physical torture and the likes.

could i at least get the names of these people. their stories are preferred, but at the very least their name.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
there is a famous story of hadhrat Bilal

Danah
06-23-2010, 06:52 PM
:wa:

I got some but they are all in Arabic, I think you can find them in English too:

وقفات و مواعظ من حياة الحسن البصري

من سيرة الفضيل بن عياض

50 قصة من قصص إخلاص السلف

Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 03:01 AM
how about women who went through similar such as aasiya. i cant think of any women :$

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shami66
06-24-2010, 05:19 AM
there r many inshallah i will try to collect some n send to u

Danah
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
how about women who went through similar such as aasiya. i cant think of any women :$
Yeah we have Aasiya, the mother of Musa, Al Khansaa (don't remember her name that's was just the nickname)..... And have look on the section of Distinguished Women in my site. I guess there is something about Asmaa bint Abi Baker too. Her life was very inspiring as well: http://www.protectedpearl.webs.com/d...ishedwomen.htm

I will see if I can come with some more when I am on my PC, that's all what I can think of at the moment.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 08:01 AM
^ barakallahu feeki.
im aware of umm musa 3alayha assalam, but did she go through physical torture for this reason :?

come to think of it, what stories could i use where the sali7een (of the past) in general were just targeted by an unjust authority? not necessarily torture, but none-the-less were "picked on" due to their faith. i just want to show (for purpose of motivation and heart softeners) that even in these conditions, we can/should still remain steadfast.

physical torture is just an example used as it is one that shows the peak of hardship....but other examples are good as well as long as they are pointing in the same direction.

you do remember what this is for right and i am making sense right ?

Danah
06-24-2010, 08:50 AM
^ yeah not a physical torture but an emotional one as she was ordered to leave her baby inside a box in the river. You can also mention the story of Summayia the first shaheedah in Islam. Or even mention the whole family of Aal-Yasir who experienced a cruel torturing by Quraish because they embrace Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!