/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question for my sisters in Islam.

Seek
06-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Salam Alaykum my dear sisters,

I have been wondering about this, what was the reason/ the motivation that made you wear the hijab?(Especially my sisters who converted from other religions)

If you have a story where you had different views of the hijab and changed it. Please share it with us :)

Also, if you have another reasons you think that they make you feel proud of the hijab you are wearing please share with us here :)

To me, I respect girls with hijab more than girls without it. I feel that the need to respect them and honor them is far more than the one who is not wearing hijab. It is my personal point of view, but open to be criticized :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zaynab
07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Walikum asslam respected brother ,,

what made me wear the Hijab ?

Well , we all know that wearing the Hijab is an obligation , there's no any doubt so firstly i wear it for Allah's sake swt ..

But i love wearing the Hijab ( i also wear the Niqab ) because i feel safe when i wear it , i wear it as protection and i like the fact that nobody can see any part of me , except my Mahram ( my Husband , father , brother etc )

As I brought up in a muslim family Alhamdulllah so wearing the Hijab was something i had to wear it , at the first time i wore the Hijab it was soo hard for me and i cried alot because i didn't want to wear it but in fact i didn't know the beauty of Hijab Subhan'Allah how ignorant i was . Now i can not remove it whatever happened to me and i'm very proud of t Alhamdulillah may Allah swt keep all muslim women on the right path Amen ..

Thank you brother , Jazakum Allahu Khair

Seek
07-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Salam Alaikum my sister,

I'm very happy to see your response :)

Anyone else want to share?

Jazaky Allah khair Zaynab.

S.Belle
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Salam Alaykum
Well when I converted to Islam I knew that hijab was an obligation and I wanted to wear it so bad but I was unable to wear it sadly because of the area where I lived was full of racists and just narrow minded hateful people (there was only another muslim family in my entire school)
If I were to wear it where I was I most likely would not be alive now bc of all the hate that ignorant people tried to associate with Islam and Muslims..but that is another story lol
so when I moved to a new area where people were more open minded and not so hateful I was able to wear hijab and when I went to my new school there was muslims everywhere (not literary but there was ALOT alhamdilulah).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!