/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed to say a lie when when ....

Innocent Soul
06-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Assalamualaikum
I just wanted to know that is it persisable to say a lie to hide one's good dee. I mean if I have given so much money to a someone really poor and if my mother (she will not scold me) will come know that I have given so much money in charity
I will loose the reward of giving charity by hiding.So can I say a lie?
I know there are some conditions I don't remember them. :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
im not sure, but why dont you try your best to avoid anyone finding out in the first place? is that possible?

Innocent Soul
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
What can I do when I came to my house my mother ask me where do you went??

Innocent Soul
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
What can I do when I came to my house my mother ask me where do you went ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
06-25-2010, 11:07 PM
:sl: Parents have more rights than others ukhti. Even more than those in need of charity. So it's always best to seek permission from your mum before you go anywhere ukhti. God forbid anything can happen, and also you don't have to cover up later. You can tell your mum you'd like to donate some money but that you wish to keep the amount secret. I'm sure you're mum would be happy twice over. Once for asking her permission, and secondly for keeping the donated sum between you and Allah. :)

Beardo
06-25-2010, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
What can I do when I came to my house my mother ask me where do you went??
There's no problem in your mother knowing about this. It's the thought of you thinking maybe you'll feel proud or something that is the problem. But by telling your mother, it might make her pleased to know she has such a wonderful daughter. That'll be a double reward, insha-Allah!

Hamza Asadullah
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum
I just wanted to know that is it persisable to say a lie to hide one's good dee. I mean if I have given so much money to a someone really poor and if my mother (she will not scold me) will come know that I have given so much money in charity
I will loose the reward of giving charity by hiding.So can I say a lie?
I know there are some conditions I don't remember them. :exhausted
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazkallahu khayran for sharing this with us sister.

The basic principle concerning telling lies is that it is one of the signs of the hypocrites, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The signs of the hypocrite are three: when he speaks, he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is entrusted with something he breaks that trust.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 32; Muslim, 89.

But there are some instances in which Islam permits lying, if that serves a greater purpose or wards off a greater harm:

These cases include the following:

1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.

2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.

3- War.

It was narrated from Umm Kulthoom bint ‘Uqbah that she heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “He is not a liar who brings about reconciliation among people, conveys good words and says good things.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2546; Muslim, 2605

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Yazeed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.”

My sister there was no need for you to lie to cover your good deed because your parents have rights over you and you should inform them if they ask you of your whereabouts or if they ask you for certain information. It may be that you telling them may influence them to also spend in charity.

If someone does happen to know about a good deed that you do then there is no need to lie about it. Maybe you doing that good deed may influence someone to also do a good deed. You have good intentions sister and you should do good deeds in secret because they are the most dear to Allah because no one else can see what you do but if someone happens to see you or find out what good actions you have done then also tell them the benefits of it so that they may also do that good action and that is sadaqa jaariya for you.

Before ever doing any good deed always check your intentions and make sure that you are doing that good deed ONLY for the pleasure of Allah alone. The more good intentions a person has the more reward they will get for their good deed but don't ruin a good deed by lying but Allah knows your intentions and he knows you only meant good by it so learn from this for next time.

and Allah knows best on all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!