/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which word would you prefer?

Beardo
06-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Which term would you prefer for the term "Spoils of War"? :p

i'm taking this survey because last week, I had to translate an Arabic word to English and the dictionary gave different words for "Spoils of War".

If you can guess which term I chose, you get brownie points. :p Post it below. xD It's not that hard.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-25-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't know why the word booty reminds me of this utterly delicious snack me and my friend used to devour back in grad school on daily basis we couldn't stop so we decided never to buy it.. it was a strange rabid addiction :lol:

http://www.piratesbooty.com/

Beardo
06-25-2010, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I don't know why the word booty reminds me of this utterly delicious snack me and my friend used to devour back in grad school on daily basis we couldn't stop so we decided never to buy it.. it was a strange rabid addiction :lol:

http://www.piratesbooty.com/
lol, I don't think anyone is interested in my definition or thoughts of the word booty. Or even if they are, I don't think I should post it as an administrator. -sighs-

But I'm surprised. I'm the only one that voted for booty? I don't understand you people. That one's the most hilarious definition of them all!

AabiruSabeel
06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
^ I voted for Booty too. Will I get your brownie points?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
^ I voted for Booty too. Will I get your brownie points?
Sure, for all they're worth.

AabiruSabeel
06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Now what are Brownie points? :? I didn't get any. :><:

Snowflake
06-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't like the word booty.. captives is for people not things, and spoils of war sounds like the things are damaged lol.. erm I don't know tbh.. leftovers? lol jk :-\

How about war gains.. proceeds?

I give up!

tango92
06-26-2010, 02:07 AM
how about reward? Enaam

Neelofar
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Salaamz! :D

I agree with the sister who said she doesn't like the word Booty, neither do i :p Hmmmmm..i think you chose spoils of war?

Scorpian
07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I chose booty, and no it`s not cause i`m male hehe.The others just well..............................erm............. .....................sucked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!