/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Du'a for MCAT

gs450la
06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
:sl:

Dear Brother's and Sister's,

First off, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dua's and advice regarding the problems in my family, particularly my sister's problems. I am very thankful to have found this forum and gain insight and knowledge into my religion as well as an outlet for my fears/problems.

I have been studying (off and on) for my MCAT exam, and have had to re-schedule it so many times since all the problems I have been experiencing in my personal life. In addition to the busy college schedule with classes and such.

I have to take it on July 8th, and I am studying intensely, but I am not getting my desired score on the practice exam (score is 20).

I am trying to cram and review everything I possibly can in these next two weeks and I would be very grateful if you all could keep me in your du'as.

Honestly, my grades are good and it is just this one exam that will determine if I get into a Medical School...my top choice is right near my house, but I will be happy to get into ANY medical school in the US.

I have worked hard, and I really want to do well these next 2 weeks and I really want to be able to focus on other things after this exam is over, I have A LOT of family issues right now that need addressing as you can tell from my previous posts. My parents are getting very sick and they need my presence and attention.

I pray for all of the members on IB and I thank you very much for your thoughts/duas for me!

Kindest Regards,
Ehsan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
:wasalamex

I'll pray for you brother!:statisfie

MCAT!:scared: (mine is like after 1 year but still sends shivers down my spine!!!) I can very well imagine how hard it would be for you.imsad May Allah make it easy for you dear brother! Ameen Ameeeeeeeen! :sunny:

Brother, don't forget to read Quran and offer nawafil prayers on the night before the exam. In the examination hall, if you get any free time, don't waste it on talking to friends but praying to Allah constantly. Cry to Allah as much as you can on the night before the exam and beg Allah to grant you good scores. Promise Allah that after becoming a doctor, you'll dedicate your life for Allah's cause, and Allah will inshAllah, inshAllah help you!

May Allah make it easy for you! Ameen!

Snowflake
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
:sl: May Allah grant you the ability to exert as much effort as possible into preparing for this exam, and reward your efforts with the highest success. Ameen. Give sadqa for the sake of Allah.

Misz_Muslimah
06-25-2010, 09:42 PM
:wa:
May Allah (swt) bless you with success in both this life and the next and grant you what's best for you..ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
06-25-2010, 10:50 PM
w salam,

You can crack the MCAT. Get 95th percentile and you'd very well be interviewing at top 20 US schools if you have aboce 3.75 gpa and good solid extracurriculars and a convincing personal statement.

I studied 2 months for MCAT and cracked it, allhamdulillah. If I can then you can as well.

This is your best resource on mcat. Probably you are already aware of SDN.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/

And AAMC MCAT is way tougher and much more advanced than Pakistani mcat which is conducted in Punjab for the governmental medical schools. I have written both.

I hope you ace it inshAllah.

gs450la
07-02-2010, 02:59 AM

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Jzk very much for the dua's and tips:

@An33za, I wish I was in your shoes and had a year. I would suggest reviewing a lot of concepts in general chemistry. As mad_scientist pointed out, SDN is very beneficial in helping you prepare. I wasted a lot of money in the prep class and didn't put in my own time. Now I'm putting in my hard time and I only have until July 8th. On Student Doctor, they have a forum where you can ask MCAT questions and get help with topics that you don't understand. Inshallah, don't stress about the exam and stay confident and focused! You will do well, inshallah.

@mad_scientist: I have a 3.4-3.5 gpa and I'm hoping I can get a spot in any Medical School in the US. I am doing the AAMC practice exams and I did it in a semi-real testaking environment and got a 23. (10 on Physical Sciences, 8 on Bio, and 5 on verbal). My verbal is what is really hurting me! I honestly don't know what to do about that.

Ideally, due to all the family problems we are having right now unfortunately, I would want to stay at a school that is about 30 minutes away from home. I am studying my undergrad there right now. But the requirements/stats for that school are very high. It would be a dream/huge convenience for my aging parents. They already have so much to deal with right now, especially with my little sister and her antics.

I am worried that my 9 year old brother may get influenced by her too. But enough of the sad part, the continued dua's and support I have gotten from this forum is tremendous. Inshallah, I hope allah (SWT) is merciful on all of us and grants us prosperity and forgiveness.

On a side note, regarding, Sadqa, is it okay if I give a donation at my local masjid this upcoming Jummah?

I just want to do well on this MCAT get into the local Medical School so bad it hurts!

Blessings,
Ehsan

CosmicPathos
07-02-2010, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by gs450la

Jzk very much for the dua's and tips:

@An33za, I wish I was in your shoes and had a year. I would suggest reviewing a lot of concepts in general chemistry. As mad_scientist pointed out, SDN is very beneficial in helping you prepare. I wasted a lot of money in the prep class and didn't put in my own time. Now I'm putting in my hard time and I only have until July 8th. On Student Doctor, they have a forum where you can ask MCAT questions and get help with topics that you don't understand. Inshallah, don't stress about the exam and stay confident and focused! You will do well, inshallah.

@mad_scientist: I have a 3.4-3.5 gpa and I'm hoping I can get a spot in any Medical School in the US. I am doing the AAMC practice exams and I did it in a semi-real testaking environment and got a 23. (10 on Physical Sciences, 8 on Bio, and 5 on verbal). My verbal is what is really hurting me! I honestly don't know what to do about that.

Ideally, due to all the family problems we are having right now unfortunately, I would want to stay at a school that is about 30 minutes away from home. I am studying my undergrad there right now. But the requirements/stats for that school are very high. It would be a dream/huge convenience for my aging parents. They already have so much to deal with right now, especially with my little sister and her antics.

I am worried that my 9 year old brother may get influenced by her too. But enough of the sad part, the continued dua's and support I have gotten from this forum is tremendous. Inshallah, I hope allah (SWT) is merciful on all of us and grants us prosperity and forgiveness.

On a side note, regarding, Sadqa, is it okay if I give a donation at my local masjid this upcoming Jummah?

I just want to do well on this MCAT get into the local Medical School so bad it hurts!

Blessings,
Ehsan
I understand the issues brother. Its really tough. I was in that place.

I urge you to delay MCAT. Maybe my claims dont apply to you because as a Canadian student I am treated as International student at US schools and hence they have higher expectations from me. US citizens can get into medical school even with 29, 30, 31 on MCAT. So at least aim to get a 32 on MCAT.

Verbal reasoning was my weakest part too and it is my lowest score on mcat. Allah has created us with weaknesses, we can try to overcome them but there is no guarantee that we would be able to. Sometimes it just helps to accept the reality as it is then to drown in self-pity. I've done enough of that and it was not pleasant at all. It damaged my deen, me, my relationship with parents. I urge you to take good care of your emotions side during this ordeal so that it does not haunt you for the rest of your life.

I am also very scared of the aging of my parents, as I am their eldest son. With so much responsibility, and medical studies, it will be crazy. I feel you are in the same situation. Hope Allah makes your situation easier.

For now, I dont suggest you to write mcat if you get 23 on AAMC mcat tests. Whatever you get on AAMC practice tests, there is a very high chance that will be your real mark. Trust me. So delay your mcat if you can. Or write it and if you dont do good, God forbid, you can write it second time before start of semester in Sept as it takes one month for the results to come.

Best of luck.

walaikum assalam

gs450la
07-03-2010, 07:08 AM
ASA

Dear Brother,
Since I have applied already, I have no other choice but to follow through. However, if I don't get a reasonable score as you stated above with more studying, I will have to take it again. The verbal is really hurting me and I feel like I can do everything else alright. :(

I was unable to go to Jummah today because I was taking a practice exam and then had traffic on the way. Thus couldn't give sadqah today but will give it next week.

Regards,
Ehsan

gs450la
07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
ASA

Dear mad_scientist,

My physical sciences and Biological Sciences are good and are improving. But my verbal is just not improving! :(

Everyone says read for the "MAIN IDEA" but the passages are just so dense and convoluted that it is difficult to do so. How did you do on the verbal, if you don't mind my asking? Any last minute tips?

I hope I can crack this exam on Thursday morning, iA!

Thanks,
Ehsan

Muhammad
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

What does the verbal part involve?

May Allaah (swt) give you success and make things easy for you and your family, Aameen.

gs450la
07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

What does the verbal part involve?

May Allaah (swt) give you success and make things easy for you and your family, Aameen.

The verbal includes about 7 passages that are very convoluted and dense materials with about 6 questions per passage. The subject matter includes stuff from psychology, social sciences, politics, natural sciences, humanities.

It's very dense stuff. I am a slow reader and I have to re-read things that I am familiar with at times. It is a challenge because we only have an hour to do it. However, iA I am going to do my best! I hope allah (SWT) will make it easy on me.

Jzk,
Ehsan

gs450la
07-07-2010, 11:04 PM

Tomorrow at 8AM is the big day. Thank you all for your du'as. I can't wait for this to hopefully be over. I hope it will be easy for me iA!

Please pray for me.

Regards,
Ehsan

gs450la
07-11-2010, 03:58 AM

Well, again many thanks to everyone for their prayers, thoughts, and advice!

I took the exam yesterday and although it was challenging, it wasn't something completely difficult and ambiguous as I had anticipated.

The verbal was not that bad. LOL I was amazed.

I am due to get my results back in August, so I'm hoping that they will suffice and my application will be complete enough to merit admission into the medical university that is near my house. Recent eventshave made it very important that I stay close to home.

I didn't mention it because I had been to preoccupied studying, but my grandmother (from my mom's side, who lives with us) had failed to take her blood pressure medication and suffered a mild stroke as a result. She has had some substantial neurological damage and impairment with motor skills (pretty much left hand and leg is non-functional). She had the stroke on Tuesday night and I was really taken aback by it, but I am still hoping that she will be able to recuperate and retain previous functionality, iA.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!