/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cameron wants troops home from Afghanistan by 2015

Supreme
06-25-2010, 09:31 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10420911.stm

Prime Minister David Cameron has said he wants UK troops out of Afghanistan within five years.

Mr Cameron, who is in Canada for the G8 and G20 summits, was asked whether he wanted the troops home by the next general election.

"I want that to happen, make no mistake about it," he said.

But, ahead of talks with US President Barack Obama on Saturday, he said he preferred not to "deal in too strict timetables".

During the election campaign Mr Cameron said he wanted to start bringing troops back in next Parliament, due to last five years.

Interviewed in Canada, he told Sky News: "We can't be there for another five years, having been there for nine years already.
I think this is a good thing. Britain has been in Afghanistan for too long now, and we should make as much progress as we can, but the death toll is tragically rising, and many people are not happy with that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
2015 LOL, in time for the next elections

its there own loss if they stay there any longer

espada
06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
... and we should make as much progress as we can...
What does this even mean? I've heard politicians talking about progress in Afghanistan.

Don't they see that every second that they stay, the will of their opposition strengthens? And every second they stay, the morale of their own troops/society weakens.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!