/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i combine my Salahs in the situation?

ayan333
06-26-2010, 02:50 PM
:sl:

Im currently studying abroad in Cairo Egypt for approx 5 weeks or so.I was staying with family in a close by city prior to the start of this program so.Some of the students are combining their prayers which is ofocurse much easier for them.am i allowed to do so? are there different opinions?

JazakALLAH Khair in advance

Wasalamu alaykum waRahamtulahi WaBarakatu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Salaam Sis,

why do u want to combine salat ? Does ur class routine permit u not to offer salat in time ?

أحمد
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM

سنن النسائي، كتاب المواقيت 609

عن ابن عباس أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم كان يصلى بالمدينة يجمع بين الصلاتين بين الظهر والعصر والمغرب والعشاء من غير خوف ولا مطر قيل له لم قال لئلا يكون على أمته حرج

Rough translation: "Reported by Ibn Abbas that the Prophet :saws: used to pray at Madeenah, combining the prayers of Zuhr and Asr, and Maghrib and Isha, without (anything of) fear nor rain. He (the Prophet :saws:) was asked why; He (the Prophet :saws:) said so that there shouldn't be hardship on the ummah."

:wa:

Muslim Woman
08-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Salaam;

so Prophet pbuh offered noon salat at the last moment of the waqt/ time and offered Asr just when time begins ? Again he offered Magrib after one hour of sunset and then prayed Isa ?

Can anyone explain more ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the OP is saying since he is a traveller can he combine his prayers but I'm not sure if that's what he's asking.

Muslim Woman
08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Salaam

OP sis is studying ; so she is not a travellor there anymore if she has to stay there for more than 2 weeks.

أحمد
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM

Combining of prayers is a disputed matter; while some schools opinions suggest its valid in all circumstances, others say its only allowed in extreme circumstances. Both have some evidence to back their claims, just like the Hadeeth I posted above; which states its allowed in any circumstances.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!