/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness / Depression? What could it be?

Beardo
06-27-2010, 01:56 AM
:sl:

My friend is in desperate need of help. I don't know how to provide him with solution but I was hoping you guys could help me out.

He has friends, he's quite popular. Yet, he feels lonely and depressed. Especially this week, I noticed he's been exceptionally dull. He's been very unproductive and he seems to be wasting a lot of time. His mind can't concentrate. He tries to keep himself busy as much as possible, and it seems like the empty spaces in his schedule are eating him up alive. He realizes this but still cannot be productive.

It seems as if he's battling depression.

Anyway, what solutions can you provide him? He's been reading Don't Be Sad, which seems to help a little. But at the same time, he also seems to be confining himself. Nothing seems to be working. He's tried praying but I can see overall that he's not the same. Something has changed. Perhaps it's a sin he has committed. Perhaps...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-27-2010, 03:09 AM
wa alayukum us-Salaam
is he in love? he could have trouble socializing. even if someone is easy to get along with, they still feel very lonley when in large groups. perhaps he has trouble with home life?

other than that, it just could be a test?

anonymous
06-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Salaam alaikum.
Your friend sounds a lot like me.

Is he single?
Does he have a lot of married friends and acquaintances?

I mean, for me, I'm quite popular and never deny that.
I'm looking for a new level of relationship, and the fact it feels out of reach, and I feel trapped by myself a lot.

It's tough, but that's how it is.
Maybe he's going through this too.

Salahudeen
06-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Allah hu alam, have you tried asking him if there is anything particular causing his sadness? He may be keeping something bottled up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-27-2010, 12:01 PM
it is depression but if he was happy before something must have triggered it off. maybe a girl? and Allah knows best

Amat Allah
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Assalamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh

I think your friend needs someone to talk with at this time...try to set with him and let him empty his heart for yah after Allah...sometimes we need friends the most after Allah ...

your friend needs you my respected brother .let him talk ,advise him ,encourage him and show him that you care ,you are listening and that you will do your best to help him support him and stand by his side always and for ever no matter what by Allah`s willing...

May Allah fill his heart and yours with Taqwa Imaan His remembrance the endless peace comfort happiness and satisfaction and make everything easy for both of you and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Ummu Sufyaan
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
reading your post again and the part where you speak about his schedule and tries to keep himself busy, cant help but make me wonder if he is doing so to get his mind off something? have you directly asked what the matter is?

Hamza Asadullah
06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

My friend is in desperate need of help. I don't know how to provide him with solution but I was hoping you guys could help me out.

He has friends, he's quite popular. Yet, he feels lonely and depressed. Especially this week, I noticed he's been exceptionally dull. He's been very unproductive and he seems to be wasting a lot of time. His mind can't concentrate. He tries to keep himself busy as much as possible, and it seems like the empty spaces in his schedule are eating him up alive. He realizes this but still cannot be productive.

It seems as if he's battling depression.

Anyway, what solutions can you provide him? He's been reading Don't Be Sad, which seems to help a little. But at the same time, he also seems to be confining himself. Nothing seems to be working. He's tried praying but I can see overall that he's not the same. Something has changed. Perhaps it's a sin he has committed. Perhaps...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother you need to try and get to the root of the problem. Show him that you are there for him and want to help him. Make him feel confortable enough to share with you what his issues or problems are. Once he opens up to you then you can try and help him through whatever problems he is going through. Apart from that remember him in your duas and ask Allah to make things easy for him.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Abu Zainab
06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Brother do some ruqyah on him. As you say he is popular and all...it could be slight case of 'ayn.

To keep it simple just read surah al Fatiha 7 times while keeping your right hand on his forehead and gently blow on his head. Inshallaah this will benefit him and there is ajr for you too.

May Allaah relieve your friend from his distress and give him happiness.

Beardo
06-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Jazakumullahu Khair to all your responses. I actually did have a private meeting with him at a burger corner and I hope that helped some. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed his company as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!