/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on praying whilst resisting the urge to urinate or defecate

Amat Allah
06-27-2010, 01:56 PM

Ruling on praying whilst resisting the urge to urinate or defecate

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a person to start praying when he is resisting the urge to urinate or defecate, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You should not pray when food is ready or when resisting the urge to urinate or defecate.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

The reason for that – and Allaah knows best – is that this prevents a person from having the necessary presence of mind and humility in the prayer. However, if a person prays in this state, his prayer is valid although it is somewhat lacking and is imperfect because of the hadeeth quoted; he does not have to repeat it. But if you start to pray when you are not resisting the urge to urinate or defecate, then you start to feel that need during the prayer, then the prayer is valid and there is nothing makrooh in it, so long as that need does not prevent you from completing the prayer.

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/28

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Jazakamullahu Khair sis for such an enlightening post! :wub:

Dagless
06-28-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
“You should not pray when food is ready or when resisting the urge to urinate or defecate.”
What about when you open fast? ie. food is ready but you pray first and then eat.

Amat Allah
06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Jazakamullahu Khair sis for such an enlightening post! :wub:
wa Iyaki my sweet heart Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
What about when you open fast? ie. food is ready but you pray first and then eat.
sorry my noble and respected brother but I didn`t understand...

Do you mean that you break your fasting after praying Al Maghrib? , I beg your pardon, please explain for me..

may Allah love you Ameeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
06-28-2010, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Do you mean that you break your fasting after praying Al Maghrib?
I mean you break fast with water, a date, etc. but do not eat the food which is ready (ie. the meal) until after you prayed (well most people don't).

aadil77
06-28-2010, 03:36 PM
oh damm......

Rhubarb Tart
06-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Jazakamullahu Khair for this info. I thought this would have been common sense. Never mind...

Amat Allah
06-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Jazakum Allahu khairan my respected brother Ameen now I understood what you meant and this is the right way baraka Allahu feekum Ameen but it is ok if eating some of the ready food to kill your hunger before going to Al Masjid to concentrate on The prayer...

It was narrated that Abu Awfa (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on a journey, and he fasted until the after noon. Then he said to a man, “Go and prepare a specific kind of food for me.” The man said, “Why not wait until it is evening?” He said, “Go and prepare (that food) for me, and when you see that night has come from this direction, then the fasting person should break his fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1857; Muslim, 1101.

Wa Iyaki ,my sweet sister may Allah bless you and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!