/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia's "Imam Idol" TV Show Has The X-Factor

Nirvana
06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
A religious reality show really hits the spot for Malaysia's Muslims. It's "Imam Idol" complete with its own Simon Cowell !!

FULL STORY CLICK HERE

When 10 young Malaysian men signed up to compete in the latest reality show in town, little did they know they would face gruesome death. Their first challenge was to bathe and bury a body - one infected with the Aids virus - that had lain in the morgue unclaimed for one month — all before judges on national TV. A Malaysian cable station has given a reality show makeover to its Islamic programming, and it's taking this moderate Muslim-majority country by storm.

More than 1,000 men auditioned for the show. They were made to recite prayers, given tests on Islam and asked questions on current affairs such as naming world leaders. Background checks were done to ensure none had unsavory pasts. In the end, 10 were left, including a bank officer, a farmer, a cleric and some university students.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
^ This is very interesting.

I hope we get the Indonesian version too.
Finally a TV program that are beneficial and has dakwah purposes.
There's too much filth in Indonesian TV, that's why I usually only watch news, or educational channels like discovery etc.

Samiun
06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
:sl: I think this show is called "Imam Muda" on Astro oasis(For those of you who watch astro)

I think it starts on Tuesday 9 pm

Alpha Dude
06-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I think this is a joke.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
06-28-2010, 11:05 AM
god almighty the things people will do to make entertainment

kite runner
06-28-2010, 12:29 PM
hmm are the men doing the show to show off or for Allah :-\

S.Belle
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
does anyone know if there will be another season to this show?

Maryan0
01-13-2011, 06:57 PM
This is a very nice concept for a show. I wish it came on where I live.
Salam

ardianto
01-14-2011, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
does anyone know if there will be another season to this show?
Yes, the next season is in this year (2011).

There are some differences. In 2011 season participants will go to Malaysian rural area and giving da'wah there. Participants for 2011 season are not only from Malaysia but also from Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia.

Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Yes, the next season is in this year (2011).

There are some differences. In 2011 season participants will go to Malaysian rural area and giving da'wah there. Participants for 2011 season are not only from Malaysia but also from Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia.
mas,
how do you get to watch the show in indonesia?
which channel?
I have indovision

GuestFellow
01-14-2011, 10:28 AM
:sl:

It's very unusual. :/

ardianto
01-14-2011, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
mas,
which channel?
I have indovision
Frankly, I know information about Imam Muda season 2011 is from eramuslim.com.

Unfortunately, I am not sure if we can watch this program in Indonesia. It's ran/will run in Astro TV Malaysia. But if you want to watch some episode of Imam Muda season 2010, here the link :
http://www.tv-malaysia.com/imam-muda-episode-7/

S.Belle
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
@ bro guestfellow its really good there should be more shows like this
i wish i knew what was being said to get the full benfit of watching it

thnks bro ardianto

sis maryan0 you can watch last season on youtube only like the last couple of episodes are subtitiled in english but its still enjoyable

Samiun
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
mas,
which channel?
I have indovision
:sl:, hey what happened to Astro at Indonesia? I saw some houses that have astro during my trip to Indonesia a few months ago.

ardianto
01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Does Astro TV still exist in Indonesia ?.

Samiun
01-15-2011, 12:18 AM
:sl: yes it still does, but I think you need to register it from Malaysia because the station at Indonesia has closed down due to some sort of reason.

Maryan0
01-15-2011, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

sis maryan0 you can watch last season on youtube only like the last couple of episodes are subtitiled in english but its still enjoyable
Jazakhallahu khayr sis
Salam

sherz_umr
01-15-2011, 03:21 AM
i dunno how to explain this. Religion isnt a show. Prayer isnt competition. I realy dont lke the idea..when i pray,its like im doing it for him,its an intimate thing.
Just my opinion..thats all.

Trumble
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm surprised so many seem to think this is a good idea. It seems pretty disrespectful and undignified to me, even as a non-muslim. Surely those who wish to become Imams should be helped and guided in overcoming their weaknesses rather than being rejected and dispirited for purposes of entertainment?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!