/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mri

muslimsister1
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in gud health by the grace of Almighty Allah (SWT), im going for an MRI scan tomorow, jst wondering if any brothers or sisters have had this done, im quite nervous about it as ur lying in a tube n my scan if for about 90 mins, im gons be taking a Quraan CD in with me to help me throuugh it, jst wondering wht its like?

Lokking forward to your replies, may Allah SWT reward you all for your time and effort to read and reply to this post.

Jazakallah

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
زهراء
06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen!

Salahudeen
06-28-2010, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abraar
May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen!
ameen!!!!!!!

جوري
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
:sl: sister..

I have had to go into the radiology suite for imaging and I have claustrophobia which manifests as panic, you can let the staff know in advance they are very understanding because in fact the majority of people have similar fears, there is also such a thing as an 'open MRI' but it isn't as accurate so you can see if they might switch to that instead if you can't handle the other .. the closed ones do have scenery images that are relaxing that you can look at, and just remember that everyone is right there to stop the procedure at any moment you want so carry that thought with you all throughout and recite 'qul lann yosebana illa ma katab Allah lana, wahwa mawalana' and insha'Allah it will be over before you know it and may Allah swt grant you shifa from whatever is afflicting you..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
i think i couldnt put it in a way better than lily has. Please keep in mind any sort of metallic objects are not allowed inside the chamber. So you wont be able to listen to the Quran recitation if you planned on using the headphones. :(

جوري
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM
you will be able to watch a movie, see images or listen to something during the scan ambient sounds or whatever, usually they provide those I am not sure if one can bring their own..

http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/...geS1091P0.html

muslimsister1
06-30-2010, 08:20 AM
:sl:

Hope you all in gud health by the grace of Almighty Allah SWT, Jazakallah for all your replies, may Allah SWT reward you all for your efforts, Ameen. I have been for my MRI, Alhumdolilah it went well, i did panic a little at first but thne managed to calm myself down, i was able to listen to th e Quran as they provide yo with headphones which are suitable to wear during the procedure. It wasnt as bad as i thot it would be and that is all thanks to Allah SWT for helping me through it.

Jazakallah once again.

جوري
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Al7mdlillah sis.. khyer insha'Allah.. may Allah swt grant you shifa'a and every happiness..
ameen

Beardo
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear you're in good condition Alhamdulillah. I would say it's quite natural to panic a little at that point in time. I myself would freak out at such a procedure. May Allah Ta'ala keep all of us safe from any harms that may come our way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!