/* */

PDA

View Full Version : loosing hope

anonymous
06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
assalamu alaykum...

I'm 24 years old... I have something called lymphedema in both my legs for 10 years now... It looks like a cruel joke...

In the past few days there has been a deterioration and to be honest right now I feel that there is no point in making a duaa...I never expected that my life wil look like this at this age.... everything feels stuck... and I feel I have no life or future...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-28-2010, 02:33 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam.

keep your head above water even when you feel like giving up. stay strong and stay determined. perhaps there is no cure, but try your best to work around it and don't let it be a means to weaken you.

I never expected that my life wil look like this at this age....
we should never adopt his mentality for the exact same reason it has landed you in-hopelessness. when we expect things to happen and they don't, it leaves us bitter and imo, its best just to go with the flow and take it as it comes. its easier that way as well.

I feel that there is no point in making a duaa
that's sad and impractical. its impossible to live without dua.

everything feels stuck... and I feel I have no life or future...
maybe its easy for me to say this, but if you look at those Olympians who have lost limbs they still manage to achieve pretty good tings. i don't necessarily think sport is the best thing to achieve, but it still shows their determination despite their inabilities. there was once this lady i saw on tv who had no arms, and she had to look after her child (baby) with her feet. you wouldn't even think that she had lost her arms. im not joking, she was till able to feed and hold and change her baby's nappy just as well as a mother with arms could.

even when in pain, wallahi you tend to adapt to these things. you wouldn't think with all the emotional and physical pain...you wouldn't think that you can get through it-but you do. you develop mechanisms if you will on how to deal with the pain and how to be practical despite your injury. over time inshallah you will wonder to yourself how on earth you put up with and went through whatever you went through.

its not always (and it shouldnt be) bleak.

you just have to do what you have to do your subconscious knows that and thus learns to accept things the way there are and develops a way to adapt and work around it.

at least you still have your arms and 80% of the rest of your body working. it could be worse right?

check this thread out aswell.,.

Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2010, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
assalamu alaykum...

I'm 24 years old... I have something called lymphedema in both my legs for 10 years now... It looks like a cruel joke...

In the past few days there has been a deterioration and to be honest right now I feel that there is no point in making a duaa...I never expected that my life wil look like this at this age.... everything feels stuck... and I feel I have no life or future...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, we must realise that Allah only tests those that he wants closest to him so is not not the greatest honour that Allah is wanting you the closest to him? Allah distinguishes between his slaves by testing them and those that are tested the most are the ones that he wants closest to him so what a great honour that is. We think to ourselves that tests are harmful and they are a curse on us for something we done bad but what we don't realise is that they are actually a blessing in disguise.

Allah loves it when his slaves be patient through difficult trials and hardships. Allah is looking for your patience for his pleasure and that you turn towards him in dua, prayer and worship asking of him to help you and be there for you. He wants you to be closer to him and will you not take this nost honourable opportunity to be the closest to Allah?

The worst thing we can do is say to Allah "Why me?". We must NEVER say to Allah that why did he do this to us but we must accept his decree and whatever he decides for us is the best for us but we as humans know not what is best for us. Therefore put your trust, faith, hopes and reliance in Allah and accept his decree and realise that he is only testing you because he wants good for you and he wants you to turn to him, be patient and get closer to him. This is such a great honour that we can never imagine.

Therefore if you ever asked Allah "why me"? then repent and ask of Allah to forgive you sincerely and remorsefully and say to Allah that you now accept his decree and that you will be patient for his pleasure.

Those that are tested so greatly may face Allah on the day of judgement with little or no sins because of the great trials they went through in life. Therefore know that these trials are an expiation of sin and it may be that when you realise the great rewards that are avaialble for you on the day of judgement for being patient through these great trials that you may ask Allah that you wished you went through this trial until your last breath. Subhanallah!

We only have very short lives in this world so therefore we should be asking of Allah to give us a long life in order that we please him as much as possible and build up as many good deeds as we can for in the hereafter we will wish we did build up bigger investments than we currently have now.

So do not give in to your etrnal enemy shaythan who is making you feel this way like giving up. You sworn enemy hates you and he wants the worst for you so will you listen to him? Disregard him and turn towards Allah and get as close to him as you can.

I promise you that if you be patient through this until your last breath then you will have rewards that you have never imagined and those rewards will last you for eternity! What is a few years of suffering in this world for ETERNITY of bliss in the next world which is our ultimate destination.

Ramadan is here now so let us make the necessery changes to our lives and go towards Allah as much as is possible. Know that if you be patient through these trials you will get greater rewards than people who are not going through many trials. These great rewards can only be achieved through patience through difficult trials. So know that you are lucky and NEVER let shaythan make you think otherwise.

So do NOT lose hope for that is what your enemy shaythan wants! Put your FULL faith, hopes, reliance and trust in Allah and strive to be as close to him as you can. Open up to him, share ALL of your feelings with him. ONLY he understands you better than you understand yourself and ONLY he will give your heart comfort. Remember him as much as you can and accept his decree and know that Allah is with those who are patient and those that are patient will soon recieve the fruits of theor patience. The reward for patience can only be paradise so this trial is the cost for ETERNITY of Jannah! Subhanallah!

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!