/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let's Prepare for Ramadan from Now

Abu Zainab
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
We still have a month and a half for Ramadan. If we do not prepare for this blessed month from before we will be lazy and miss a lot of reward. IMHO we should at least start with:

1. Fast some days of Rajab and Shaban (specially Mondays and Thursdays) if possible.

2. Try to pray more and more nawaafil.

3. Try our best to finish one full recitation of the Quran before Ramadan.

On an average it takes about 30-40 minutes to finish one juz'. That means 6-8 minutes of recitation with each salah and we can finish one juz' a day. If that is difficult we can divide it into three sessions per day which is also easy inshallaah.

This will prepare us inshallaah to do better this Ramadan. May Allaah guide us all to worship Him in the best manner.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
my mums already preparing the food....

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
A good thread. I want to make sure that I make the most out of this month. I have rarely gone for taraweehs in the last few years of my life ... I feel really unaccomplished in this regards of my religious requirements ... I dont wake up at night to beg Allah .... so much remains to do and dont even know when death can overtake me.

tango92
06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
my mums already preparing the food....
lol, my mum prepares a load of samosas and spring rolls to last us the month.

inshallah we need to train ourseleves to get up earlier, move time around in our "busy" schedules from now to make more room for ibaadah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
06-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Can't wait brothers, have lots of good deeds to earn and lots of tawbah to make.

Misz_Muslimah
06-29-2010, 05:31 PM
May Allah (swt) make us all benefit from all the rewards available this Ramadhan inshallah..ameen

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
A good thread. I want to make sure that I make the most out of this month. I have rarely gone for taraweehs in the last few years of my life ... I feel really unaccomplished in this regards of my religious requirements ... I dont wake up at night to beg Allah .... so much remains to do and dont even know when death can overtake me.
One pessimist person I know in this forum.

P.S. No offense intended or meant.

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
2. Try to pray more and more nawaafil.
:phew I must try to pray fardh :embarrass otherwise I will lose taraweeh....Without namaaz, Recitation of Qur'an and taraweeh, ramdan is just like a month of starvation. I need to train myself to take the most of this month, atleast this year.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .

Alhamdulilaah the month is almost back with us, the thing is when Ramadhaan leaves us it feels soo upsetting almost like someone is leaving us. . .

But yeah we should prepare now, as far as i know the Sahabas would prepare 6 months before but i dont have refs sorry i apologise

We must not eat soo much coz at the time of Taraweeh as salaah we get tired in the first Rakaah so eat as much that is required for the body and that we do not over load our selves (not that i do :-\)and not be able to move from here to there or there to here indeedy :-\

And Jazakallahu Khaayr for the Reminder as it indeed is beneficial and Indeed for you shall suceed People of the Dunya!

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Abu Zainab
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
continued....

4. Lets do istighfaar and sincere tawbah a lot. Actually in this age of fitnah we should make a habit of praying two raka'ahs everyday and ask for forgiveness.

This will give us the energy and motivation to do more good deeds. When you are trying your best to keep away from sins and doing regular istighfaar and tawbah you feel a kind of happiness within yourself that has no equal. The feeling is amazing and you have a clear mind. You can make better and wiser decisions. And Allaah says in surahs Hood and Nooh that he will send rain and increase wealth and give strength upon strength to us if we ask for forgiveness and do sincere tawbah.

Imagine if we welcome Ramadan with this feeling...feeling of khushho' and eagerness to do more and more worship. May Allaah make it easy for all of us. Aameen

Abu Zainab
07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
....:bump:....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!