/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Threading the eyebrows.

Hannah.
06-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Salam brothers and sisters,
I was hoping if someone could clarify why threading/thinning the eyebrows is considered haram..
Whenever I thread my eyebrows, I don't thin them as much (I just tend to remove the irrelevent hairs that grow such as the unibrow).. and neither do I have any evil intentions before shaping them (e.g trying to look beautiful infront of men etc.)
Especially for women, grooming ourselves seems essential nowadays. For wives, shouldn't they look good infront of their husbands? Of course, we must always stay within the boundries of what Islam teaches us, but why is threading the eyebrows considered haram while other changes to the face such as wearing braces for better looking teeth is considered halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimeen
06-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Was Salaam,

As far as I know women are allowed to remove any hair that would otherwise make them resemble or look like a man. This would obviously relate to all facial hair and unwanted body hair but the eyebrows cannot be removed or shaped. I have heard some ulama allow removal of that part of the eyebrow which joins the two eyebrows together, that would be basically above the nose. Allah swt knows best. I suggest you ask a mufti.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!