/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove inpure desires that you know you shouldn't have?

anonymous
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Well how do you stop yourself from desiring haraam things? you know you shouldn't desire them but the thought keeps repeating on your mind over and over. How do you stop this? so it doesn't even appeal to you?

or do you just have to go through your entire life fighting it? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-30-2010, 07:57 AM
:sl:
sometimes these things stem from our natural thoughts so if we like something naturally, we may be trialled with it.

and sometimes these things stem from other sources which will influence our nafs to disobedience such as a bad environments, bad crowd, leading our nafs and making excuses for ourselves, will all have an influence on how we think and feel. so my point is, is try to remove yourself/eliminate anything that is causing you to feel like this. do some soul honest searching, etc.

or do you just have to go through your entire life fighting it?
sometimes it just simply boils down to that and you just have to accept it and solider on. make dua for Allah to help you through your weaknesses and just ask Him of His favors.

cat eyes
06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Well how do you stop yourself from desiring haraam things? you know you shouldn't desire them but the thought keeps repeating on your mind over and over. How do you stop this? so it doesn't even appeal to you?

well there is many duas that you can recite anytime you get these haraam thoughts. the more you recite them the more shayytan will get tired of tempting you then he will move on to his next victim. of course shayytan will always be tempting us this is his job so this our jihad to fight him.

if these desires are to much to handle, id strongly recommend you get ruqyah done on you or listen to ruqyah audio's inshallah it should help.

Hamza Asadullah
06-30-2010, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the best way to fight it is marriage. Marriage is the best solution without a doubt for there is nothing else that will surpress our carnal desires as much as marriage will. One can also fast and eat less but marriage is the only real solution.

One should also keep ones gaze low and not look at the opposite sex on TV or the internet because our minds hold images like sponges and if we keep viewing haraam images then our minds will keep playing them in our heads. The only way to stop this is not look at those images in the first place and keep ones gaze low. One should not go into market areas unless it is absolutley necessery.

We should also remember that our sworn enemy shaythan wants our destruction and that is shaythans main aim and purpose. Therefore we must repel his whispers and the temptations of our nafs by remembering Allah as much as we can and reciting the Qur'an, learning knolwedge of deen and keeping good and pious company which is very important.

Also having the fear of Allah in ones heart will help one to resist temtpation. Once we have the fear of Allah in our hearts then we will think twice before doing any action that may cause the anger and wrath of Allah. The best way to gain the fear of Allah is through gaining knowledge, remembrance of Allah and fulfilling ones obligations to Allah.

and Allah knows best on all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
07-10-2010, 12:39 AM
deglamourise the thought

if you have the desire to steal something and it comes to you as a thought stop there and attach the thought with something bad,ugly and you really hate

you have to teach the brain to repel the thought

anonymous
07-10-2010, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the best way to fight it is marriage. Marriage is the best solution without a doubt for there is nothing else that will surpress our carnal desires as much as marriage will. One can also fast and eat less but marriage is the only real solution.

One should also keep ones gaze low and not look at the opposite sex on TV or the internet because our minds hold images like sponges and if we keep viewing haraam images then our minds will keep playing them in our heads. The only way to stop this is not look at those images in the first place and keep ones gaze low. One should not go into market areas unless it is absolutley necessery.

We should also remember that our sworn enemy shaythan wants our destruction and that is shaythans main aim and purpose. Therefore we must repel his whispers and the temptations of our nafs by remembering Allah as much as we can and reciting the Qur'an, learning knolwedge of deen and keeping good and pious company which is very important.

Also having the fear of Allah in ones heart will help one to resist temtpation. Once we have the fear of Allah in our hearts then we will think twice before doing any action that may cause the anger and wrath of Allah. The best way to gain the fear of Allah is through gaining knowledge, remembrance of Allah and fulfilling ones obligations to Allah.

and Allah knows best on all matters
bro I have to go to the market place to buy groceries and shopping, when I come back home I'm haunted with the images and they don't go out my brain. They just keep replaying in my mind what I saw and I don't know how to stop it. I've tried reading protective dua's and surah's but it don't work I still get haunted by the bad thoughts.

anonymous
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
deglamourise the thought

if you have the desire to steal something and it comes to you as a thought stop there and attach the thought with something bad,ugly and you really hate

you have to teach the brain to repel the thought
it doesn't work because I keep thinking about it, I can't trick my mind into believing its not nice because it is nice, the trouble is you have to get married and I can't do that yet.

tango92
07-10-2010, 11:29 PM
salaams bro (i presume). you need to cut out the source, fair enough the fitna never stops but Allah swt gives us a simple mechanism of lowering our gaze. this is supposed to be purer for us. try and do it as much as possible.

the most important step is aquiring taqwa, fear and love, of Allah. remember the punishments associated with immodesty and of sin in general. you think these thoughts are nice but...

1.think about it for long enough and you loose all interest. its a temporary thing without meaning
2. it cannot be nice because your lord does not approve of immodesty therefore for the love of Allah it cannot be nice to you.
3. is it nice knowing the punishment these women will face due to their immodesty? associate these images with that torment. (for me, i try to see myself and them suffering in the fire whenever i have bad thoughts)

there is also the problem of sensitization, so you may feel desire over lesser levels of fitna. the best way to deal with this is giving it time. your head is just accustomed to thinking it needs this, but Allah swt must have made it possible to live quite happily without it otherwise it would not be haram. and inshallah you wont have to fight it ur whole life, come a weeks time you wont even know why you had said thoughts in the first place, inshallah

an important step is under no circumstances allow these images to run free in your head during salah. learn the translation of some of the verses of quran, an excellent investment, so you can fill your heart with the remembrance of Allah swt instead. once you can control them during salah you can start to extend your sphere of control over the rest of your life. i know its not easy but you need to be brave and ask Allah to give you the tawfiq. also never intentionally brnig the thoughts to your mind. and try to remind yourself that youve seen it all before, you can gain no benefit from seeing it again.

finally in surah baqarah v 256:

let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!