/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice & Support Column

Beardo
06-30-2010, 03:57 AM
:sl:

As I mentioned a couple months back, I write an Advice & Support column for this one magazine. Well, it's time for the next issue and the deadline is coming up. I need some people to ask me a few things. It's directed to the youth, mainly, so keep your questions in that relation.

I'm not sure if the Anonymous posting is working so you can PM me the entries as well inshallah.

This is HIGHLY appreciated!

Jazakumullahu Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ژاله
06-30-2010, 04:02 AM
could you please advise me about time management. I tend to waste a lot of time surfing net and work keeps piling up?
will this question do?

Beardo
06-30-2010, 04:17 AM
^ Definitely! JAzax! Elongating the question might help as well. x] But yeah, I can definitely work with that inshallah! x]] Jazax!!

ژاله
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
^wa iyyak!
another question: how to be a successful blogger? :X
i think you may give fairly good advice on this question, if the topic is appropriate for your column.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
06-30-2010, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
^wa iyyak!
another question: how to be a successful blogger? :X
i think you may give fairly good advice on this question, if the topic is appropriate for your column.
lol. That would probably be deemed irrelevant by my editors. though, I don't have experience in that aspect. I only blog for my love of writing. o.o Alhamdulillah. Bloggers FTW!

Donia
06-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Just a few ideas..

How to further our education while guarding ourselves from fitna?

Why is it important to educate ourselves about our religion as well as our intended career?

How do you know if you are ready for marriage?

I hope you can use at least one of those insha'Allah..

Life_Is_Short
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
:sl: I got one.

The responsibility of carrying the message of Islam rests upon the youth of today, what contributions can the youth make for the greater good of the deen (in the long run)?

Tilmeez
06-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Mr. Writer, as a teenager, I need your expert opinion / suggestions on the followings:

a. I feel a huge gap between myself and my parent. How to bridge it.
b. How can I keep them aligned with my study and future intentions.
c. How can I enjoy some time with them to benefit us all.
d. My siblings are problematic and don’t understand me how to “fix” them all.
e. Time management is the big issue for me. I often miss my Salats.
:shade:

Beardo
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
^ Awesome Alhamdulillah. I'm nothing them all down. Gotta get workin' on the railroad then.

You guys can keep'em coming. Also as examples, here are some previous entries:

Assalamu-alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu! 
I am asking advice on behalf of my friend. She is currently taking night school and one of her classmate gives her unnecessary and unwanted attention, she is not comfartable with that. She has tried to ignore him and pretty much told him to shove off for lack of a better word but to no avail, he just doesnt give up…what should she do?
Salam,
I am having this halal food problem at home. My parents do not believe meat has to be slaughtered islamically in order to be halal. After a long argument they finally agreed to occasionally go to the halal store to get some meat. My issue is that I would like them to eat halal meat as well. What should I do?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
i dont feel confident in my beard/hijab as i get laughed at.
i want to pray at home, but my family dont/wont let me.
there is no Islamic environment around me at home/in my community, what do i do?

^something like that.

Beardo
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
^ Wonderful! Ima steal that if you don't mind!

If anyone has anymore, please send'em in! My deadline is approaching!

AabiruSabeel
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Can we get to read what you have written? :><:

Beardo
07-06-2010, 01:49 AM
^ Yeah inshallah. I'll post'em soon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!