/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is witr namaz for?

amberah21
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
sunnut is for the prophets
farz is for allah
nafil is for yourself
then what is witr for?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-30-2010, 11:39 PM
^good question! :embarrass

It's an additional prayer of the night I guess! Dunno! imsad someone more knowledgeable should reply...

Zafran
07-01-2010, 01:19 AM
salaam

I think your incorrect about what all prays are for - they are for Allah swt - the Farz, sunnat and nafl including witr - they are all ways in which the prophet pbuh told us to pray to Allah swt.

peace

Masuma
07-01-2010, 01:22 AM
^ no brother Zafran, I think that what amberah meant was that "witr" is classified as which type of prayer, like sunnat prayer or farz prayer! :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
07-01-2010, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
^ no brother Zafran, I think that what amberah meant was that "witr" is classified as which type of prayer, like sunnat prayer or farz prayer! :-\
according to the hanifa madhab its wajib. I'm not sure about the others

so you have
Farz - you have to do
Wajib - you have to do
sunnat - recommanded depedning if its Makouda which are heavily reccomanded and Ghair Makouda which are less
nafl - voluntery

peace

Masuma
07-01-2010, 01:34 AM
^ jazakamullahu khair brother! :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!