/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions that I get when performing daily Dawah

Yahya4D
07-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Asalamalakum,

I am not entirely a new Muslim, I guess you can say I am a toddler in Islam and have A LOT to learn. There are questions that makes me uneasy and slight confused.

First off, I thought to find all answers at...

WikiIlsam site

...but I am disturbed on the information displayed on this site.
Here are my questions that bother my seeking heart:

-----Did Muhammad(pbuh) marry Aisha at the age of 6 and had intercourse with her at the age of 9?

-----The seal of the prophet on his shoulder, was it a birthmark, mole or other type mark for authentication from the Holy office?

-----Is it said that all disease to mankind is curable even cancer EXCEPT AIDS? Meaning AIDS caused by sin that haunts man through Divine Retribution?

-----Did Muhammad had a disobedient wife that mocked him and Islam where Muhammad had her stoned to death?

-----Did Muhammad offered funeral prayers for a hypocrite and the Christian King of Ethiopia? (9:113)It is not fitting, for the Prophet and those who believe, that they should pray for forgiveness for Pagans, even though they be of kin, after it is clear to them that they are companions of the
Fire.
(9:84)Nor do thou ever pray for any of them that dies, nor stand at his grave; for they rejected Allah and His Messenger, and died in a state of perverse rebellion.

On this question to my understanding, I think Muhammad offered funeral service without knowing it to be wrong at first. Then later, Allah sent His word to not offer funeral prayers to a hypocrite and disbeliever again....

-----Was Muhammad cursed or poisoned through ones magic? If so, did Muhammad resort to magic to reverse the spell??
I think Muhammad was infected through ones sourcery but used prayers from Allah to fix and set as an example of Allah's almighty power...Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 48 Narrated 'Uthman'

-----THIS ONE DISTURBS my mind and I find in contradicting since Allah is Oft-forgiving but allows man to have SHARIA LAW. What exactly does the Sharia Law entail? Ive heard that it deals with many topics addressed by secular law, including crime, politics and economics, as well as personal matters such as sexuality, hygiene, diet, prayer, and fasting. Punishment may lead to death...What and who decides to pursue Sharia Law and punishment?

----- Is a man allowed to beat his disobedient wife?

----- Adam, the first created man by Allah, was he also the first prophet that built the Mosque? Did Eve had 40 sets of twins by Adam? After conceiving and expanding human race, was it after known to man that incest is forbidden? Also, did Adam live to be 130 yrs old or 960 years on cursed Earth?

----- A man can marry four women but its not recommended. Why are four wives allowed but five wives are forbidden? Why did Allah send down a revelation which allows Muhammad to have as many wives as he wants, while later only allowing 4 wives for each Muslim?

-----(FORGIVE this Question---DO NOT READ IF EASILY ALARMED)
Is it true that oral and anal intercourse is Haraam (List Quranic verse please)? If so and you chose 1 wife instead of 4 how can this taboo be wrong compared to polygamy?

----- Last one, for now...If Allah is the All-Knowing, why need to be on testing ground? If He knows some are bad and meant for Hell, then why put us through a test? Doesnt this work against FREE WILL if say John is bad and Allah knows he will reside in Hell but John ends up doing good with his life...is Allah wrong or does not fully provide free will on a pre-destined idea of where John will be? (John name is an example)

Well that is my round of questions. I ask seeking truth, not to alarm or antagonize THE RELIGION of established meaning. I come across these questions sometimes when performing daily dawahs and get stuck sometimes when others ask these types of questions. THANK YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS for taking great time to ease my mind in such a wonderful system known to man.

Asalamalakum.

-Yahya4D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ruk
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
In the Name of Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Sorry brother, I do not have the time to answer all of your questions, because it will take some time and be a very long response. However, you may find the answer to every single question of yours about Islam, at the following websites:

1) islamqa (dot) com - Scholar site Q&A

2) islamreligion (dot) com

3) thedeenshow (dot) com

Some general advice to you:

Since you are a new Muslim, then take the time to study the religion in some detail, beginning with theology and then rules. Try reading the following books:

1) The Qur'an - English Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali and another one by Mohsin Khan

2) A Biography on the life of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "The Sealed Nectar" or the biography by Martin Ling.

3) Book "Toward Understanding Islam" by Sayyid A. Mawdudi

4) An interesting book titled: "The Bible, The Qur'an and Science" by Dr. Maurice Bucaille

Also, do not be so gullible to think that everything anyone says whether in life or on the internet is true. Everyone has their personal agenda. Stay away from anti-Islam websites because they will confuse you, persons that make these websites are well aware that they are filled with falsehood, so if you are trying to correct them, that is just a waste of your time. It is better for a Muslim to place a website on the internet himself and place links to the websites above to spread proper Islamic knowledge. Remember increasing ones knowledge takes time, so do not be in haste. It may take several months. The more acts of obedience you perform, Allah (The Exalted) will increase you faith and settle you firmly in His religion.

Also, a Muslim says "peace and blessings of Allah be upon him" after the name of the Prophet.

Yahya4D
07-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you brother for the links. I read up on all what you posted. It helped me out a lot! There are some questions still unanswered but Insha Allah they will come to if and when the purpose serves best. I have already studied earnestly for 6 months before I converted. That was 3 yrs ago and still I find myself learning A LOT! Insha Allah, I hope to share some of my discoveries. Coming from a Christian background to Islam helps a lot to distinguish the differences and truth that many tend to cover. There are a lot of people that have tons of hate in their hearts and its sad because they hate with out ever meeting a Muslim in person. Alhamdulillah, its great to find as much brothers and sisters that beat the odds of those who hate. Allah(Almighty) truly protects His religion.

Salam,

Yahya

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!