/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do you recite this ayah?

ahmed_indian
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
salaam alaikum,

in verse 9 of surah mulk, if i stop in "jeem"........at the words min shayin.

how i will recite: is it *min shay* or *min shay i* or *min shayin*?

should i make a little sound of *hamza*?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ebuhadha
07-09-2010, 05:05 AM
You do not need to make the sound for the hamza at all. You only need to read it "min shay" if you stop there. If you do not stop (which is preferred in that case) you read it as "min shayin," wAllahu ealem.

Insaanah
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
in verse 9 of surah mulk, if i stop in "jeem"........at the words min shayin.

how i will recite: is it *min shay* or *min shay i* or *min shayin*?

should i make a little sound of *hamza*?
Yes, you need to make the hamza sound. So, if you stop, it will be prononunced min shay' (with the apostrophe denoting the hamza sound with a sukoon on it). If stopping, you need to elongate the word shay' for 2, 4 or 6 counts.

If you do not stop, then it is min shay'in NOT min shayin (apostrophe demotes hamza). There is no elongation if you are not stopping.

The hamza is an integral letter of the word shay'un (not shayun without a hamza, there is no such word) meaning, "thing".

ahmed_indian
07-15-2010, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Yes, you need to make the hamza sound. So, if you stop, it will be prononunced min shay' (with the apostrophe denoting the hamza sound with a sukoon on it). If stopping, you need to elongate the word shay' for 2, 4 or 6 counts.

If you do not stop, then it is min shay'in NOT min shayin (apostrophe demotes hamza). There is no elongation if you are not stopping.

The hamza is an integral letter of the word shay'un (not shayun without a hamza, there is no such word) meaning, "thing".
jazak Allah khairan sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!