/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Want this to all go away

foolish
07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Aslm to everyone,

Basically, i just found out i have failed my first year at university, i worked so hard to get in and get a place, and alhumdulilah i was so happy when i got. I just got my results, i now have to repeat my first year.

I'm in shock, my family are upset, parents are disappointed. I am really upset, words cant describe how i feel. i just want this to all go away

I dont want to repeat my year, it means i have to live an extra year away from home.and also pay for it, its 2 much

I am in so much pain and grief, cannot sleep or eat, and i can hardly speak to anyone. I have been praying salah crying to my Allah, i just want to get into my 2nd year this year but im not allowed to, how iv hurt my parents so much, let them down, i feel broken.

this is horrible, i want this over, stuff like this always happens to me, its like i always have bad luck, oh Allah pls forgive me, i just want my parents to be happy. and this is the only way, and now look what i have done, look whats happend, im failure, iv failed them.

so much pain, so many tears, i dont know what to do or say anymore

im so sorry to my parents for what i have caused them n put them thru, i wish this had never happened i really dont. but it has, and i want it to go away

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
sister what are you studying for?

well education is important, in other countries people don't even have a right to education and you just want to throw it away? you have to work hard even if it means repeating this year, its worth it.

then when you've finished your education you can live with your parents again because the way the economy is going now, you will need money one day and there is not many options for people without degree.

جوري
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
failures happen.. that is how we learn to avoid our mistakes.. you need to put all your sorrows behind you and re-strategize, have an honest assessment of what you did wrong and see a counselor and start over.. you'll always be the age you'll be, you can grow older and wiser having overcome your fears and failures and learned from them, or you can sit at home and mope and feel bad, it won't change things.. believe me tears and crying and feeling bad won't offer you a different outcome, getting up and wiping your tears and making a commitment however will!

:w:

Salahudeen
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
This is hard and depressing I understand, but this is the very nature of life, nothing is easy to accomplish you have to strive in everything, when you fall over you just have to pick yourself up and get back on the horse. "Life will hit you hard but it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, this is how winning is done". You have to pick yourself up and keep going till you accomplish what you want.

And never forget the ultimate goal of life to reach the paradise and earn the pleasure of your Lord, the prophet pbuh said "Whoever makes their main concern the duniya, then they will forever chase after it and they will never catch it, and whoever makes their main concern the akhira, then the duniya will submit to them and they will achieve success in the akhira also.

So make your main concern the akhira and go through the trials of life seeking the reward of the next life. Allah doesn't care if you have a degree or not, or how much money you have or any other worldy thing, Allah cares about your piety and righteousness. These are the things of value in the sight of Allah. He doesn't want your number 1 concern to be the duniya and it shouldn't be.

So you failed your first year it's not the end of the world, as long as you tried your hardest that's all anyone can ever ask of you then it's not a big deal, the real exam you have to pass is the exam of this life this is the important exam brother :)

I know parents place a great deal of importance on education but in the list of priorities it's not the most high. As long as you have not displeased Allah then don't feel sad brother, only feel sad when you have done something to earn the anger of Allah, if he's not displeased with you then everything is good inshAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-05-2010, 10:35 PM
^^ br. Squiggle that was beautiful masha'Allah.. you are very wise for your young years..
may Allah swt love you and smile upon you always..

Hamza Asadullah
07-05-2010, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by foolish
Aslm to everyone,

Basically, i just found out i have failed my first year at university, i worked so hard to get in and get a place, and alhumdulilah i was so happy when i got. I just got my results, i now have to repeat my first year.

I'm in shock, my family are upset, parents are disappointed. I am really upset, words cant describe how i feel. i just want this to all go away

I dont want to repeat my year, it means i have to live an extra year away from home.and also pay for it, its 2 much

I am in so much pain and grief, cannot sleep or eat, and i can hardly speak to anyone. I have been praying salah crying to my Allah, i just want to get into my 2nd year this year but im not allowed to, how iv hurt my parents so much, let them down, i feel broken.

this is horrible, i want this over, stuff like this always happens to me, its like i always have bad luck, oh Allah pls forgive me, i just want my parents to be happy. and this is the only way, and now look what i have done, look whats happend, im failure, iv failed them.

so much pain, so many tears, i dont know what to do or say anymore

im so sorry to my parents for what i have caused them n put them thru, i wish this had never happened i really dont. but it has, and i want it to go away
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister what we have to realise is that we learn from our failures not our successes. Just look at the most successful people and know that they all failed many times to get where they are today. If we did not ever fail in this life then how will we be able to learn, progress, move forward and do things better next time? We have to fail and make mistakes to learn and move forward in life. That is a part of human nature. You cannot expect never to make mistakes or never to fail. We will all inevitabley fail in order to do things better next time.

So my sister except it as part of life to fail and make mistakes. Once you have accepted this and internalised it then you are ready to move forward and think how you can do things better next time and what you can do to avoid making such a mistake again. It is human to fail and make mistakes so for you to fail is not because you are a failure but because you are human and your next step is to learn from this now and to move forward and do things better next time - SIMPLE!

It is shaythan who is wanting to make you feel like a failure and for you to feel low and worthless. But will you listen to your eternal enemy who only wants your destruction in this world and the next? Or will you accept that you have done a mistake like all humans do and move forward and do things better next time?

My sister everything in life happens for the best and even though you may think that you failing is the worst thing that can happen that is not necesserily the case. Even Allah tells us in the Qur'an that we as humans know not what is best for us and it may be that this is a blessing in disguise. So turn to Allah and get as close to him as you can. This is your perfect opportunity. If we rely on Allah for EVERY aspect of our life then we will NEVER feel down or hurt when things go wrong.

Desire the hereafter and to meet with Allah. Rely on him and chase the akhirah and this dunya will chase after you for it has no other choice but to. Desire the akhirah and you will be given more but desire this world and you will only gain what is destined for you. Therefore my sister use this opportunity to get as close to Allah as you can and ask of him in dua to help you in every aspect of your life and he will NEVER let you down but he is more than enough for you and if you rely upon Allah then your heart will remain content no matter what the world throws at you.

and Allah knows best in all matters

cat eyes
07-06-2010, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
This is hard and depressing I understand, but this is the very nature of life, nothing is easy to accomplish you have to strive in everything, when you fall over you just have to pick yourself up and get back on the horse. "Life will hit you hard but it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, this is how winning is done".
grrrr squiggles i was gona use that rocky belboa story line but you beat to it;D

so if you know what your worth then go out and get what your worth but you gotta be willing to take the hits :p

tango92
07-06-2010, 03:39 AM
sis i think you should stay in uni, Allah knows, what happened to you was for the best.

im really worried about getting into uni myself this yr, but i know its only by the mercy of Allah swt that i will acieve anything. so you have to place your trust in Allah swt and dont be distressed inshallah.

the most important thing is you take away a life message from this, dont repeat the mistakes of your first yr ever again. Also remember in the Akhira there is no "repeat your las yr of dunya" so make the akhira your focus from today and inshallah Allah will provide you ample from what you need of dunya. My duas are with you sis.

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
grrrr squiggles i was gona use that rocky belboa story line but you beat to it;D

so if you know what your worth then go out and get what your worth but you gotta be willing to take the hits :p
hmmm lol it's true though, nothing hits you harder than life. And it will keep you down if you let it.

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
^^ br. Squiggle that was beautiful masha'Allah.. you are very wise for your young years..
may Allah swt love you and smile upon you always..

ameen, jazakallah khair ukhti. And you also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!