/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iman low, going down

anonymous
07-05-2010, 02:15 AM
:sl:

I'm in such a state, where I am so weak in my iman. My prayers are no longer how they used to be, I can't concentrate in them, everything goes through my head. I used to read SO much Quran and memorise alot too, and now, nothing. I barely read everyday, mostly once a week. I don't know whats happened to me, but I just need some help and advice. Everytime I tell myself I am going to be better, I get distracted and because my imans low and weak, I am easily pulled away. imsad

What do I do? :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Wa alaykum us-Salaam
sounds all too familiar. the only way that seems to be helping me in pulling me out of this mess is to keep on striving and fighting. keep soldiering on. this doesn't need a long drawn out advice, its all about putting in the effort. it really doesn't get anymore similar. it may seem daunting, but once you put the effort in, it is made easy and after a few tries, you get used to it.

you reach a point where the realization of "oh crap if i dont do something, my iman is going to go down the drain for good. no-one and nothing can help me if i dont help myself" but dont let it reach that.

its best to really understand and grasp that you onyl have a limited time on this earth. if you dont die a sudden death you still face a possibility of your hearth determining and either way your iman is affected. get me?

this ":'( my iman, my iman" doesn't help if it isnt accompanied with actions. been there, done that.

you should try figure out what is making you slip and eliminate that. for example maybe you sleep too much and thus feel over tired and lazy to memorize.

tango92
07-06-2010, 04:05 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
you reach a point where the realization of "oh crap if i dont do something, my iman is going to go down the drain for good. no-one and nothing can help me if i dont help myself" but dont let it reach that.
yh. and dont wait till Allahs punishment reaches you to realise the seriousness of your situation. its easy to blame it on Allah swt for not making it "easy" for you. but as Allah will not give you a trial more than you can handle so it is absolutely your responsibility to sort it out.

what i like to do is think of some past or future event that i know i will need help in, eg getting good grades, gettung married and reminding myself i need every last bit of Allah swts mercy if i want to be sucessful. and then think about the hereafter because youll realise the akhira is greater than the petty trials of this life. that usually shakes me back into action.

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Do good deeds, make everything you do for Allah, even sleeping and eating do it for the sake of Allah, make Allah your everything. Whenever you do something ask yourself "Will Allah be pleased with this action" then life you life according to his pleasure.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!